[MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.8 - Fort of the Damned Feedback

• @its-vill

Some goals in the game will be short term and some will be long term and I think it should be obvious to most players which goals are meant to be long term versus short term.

This one is clearly a long term goal (and not a time-limited) so I've set my expectations that this one will take a while and I'm more than okay with it.

It comes with the "Raider of the Damned" title which will be a great way to tell other players that you rule the Fort of the Damned as they'll know how much time you've spent at that fort to get the title!

• @chronodusk said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.8 - Fort of the Damned Feedback:

@its-vill

Some goals in the game will be short term and some will be long term and I think it should be obvious to most players which goals are meant to be long term versus short term.

This one is clearly a long term goal (and not a time-limited) so I've set my expectations that this one will take a while and I'm more than okay with it.

It comes with the "Raider of the Damned" title which will be a great way to tell other players that you rule the Fort of the Damned as they'll know how much time you've spent at that fort to get the title!

I mean does it REALLY mean you “rule” at the fort, or that you spent anywhere from 40-100 hours doing the fort? I’m pretty sure someone will have the title by the end of Sunday and that’ll show commitment, not skill.

Just 2 opinions. Up to the replay-ability of it and the percentage of players that go back to it that determine if it’s successful or not

• I like the update so far - the Fort of the Damned itself not only brings all of the server to one place, but is really a pain to finish.

First of all you have to gather all flames, what takes about one hour (going to devils roar and to the storm for red and white, also you have to fight another player, maybe chasing him a long time). This makes it almost impossible to gather all flames on your own in the first place.

Afterwards there will be lots of PvP on the Fort of the Damned, because the whole server is lured to one point on the map. Completing it takes about one hour aswell, so you will be busy for at least up to two to three hours for only one run.

For achieving "Conquering the Damned" you need to repeat that process for 50 times. The problem is, that the ritual skull, which you need to activate it, is part of a timed event, meaning that you have one month to finish the fort achieviement, forced to do it more than two times per day, what in my opinion sounds a bit harsh.

You lose all flames if you are sunk, what is very possible because of the big PvP part of this event and it takes hours to finish one run of 50 for which you have one month and this negates the fun part of this event in my opinion.

• @b4g4lot ha detto in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.8 - Fort of the Damned Feedback:

For achieving "Conquering the Damned" you need to repeat that process for 50 times. The problem is, that the ritual skull, which you need to activate it, is part of a timed event, meaning that you have one month to finish the fort achieviement, forced to do it more than two times per day, what in my opinion sounds a bit harsh.

You lose all flames if you are sunk, what is very possible because of the big PvP part of this event and it takes hours to finish one run of 50 for which you have one month and this negates the fun part of this event in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure only the ritual skulls commendations are time-limited, the Voyages sold by Duke are not, they will stay in the game.
    But yeah, losing all flames when sunk is a pain.

• @illicitline45 Yep can confirm this is happening to me too, finished it x4 and still sitting on 0/1.

• My Fort of the Damned completions aren’t counting. Some of my crewmates are experiencing this same issue. We’ve finished the fort 4 times already, we killed the Ghost of Graymarrow and put the key in the door, none of these completions have counted towards the commendations and the new cosmetics. My crew and I feel we’ve been cheated out of hours of work trying to get the fort completed multiple times. Please fix this immediately!

• @thewalkingdork5 yes hearing just another broken update as we did the fort 6 times yesterday and only one counted

• Cargo crate cursed cannon ball glitch. Ok, I do not no how to explain this bug so I will say what happened. I was emptying fruit from the storage crate into the ships barrels, I had on me an Anchor Ball and a Ballast Ball, I accidentally transferred the cursed balls to the storage crate, when I transferred them back to my inventory I lost the ballast ball but ended up with 2 Anchor balls. I was swapping items really quick at the time but yeah I ended up with 2 Anchor balls instead of my original Anchor and Ballast, will test a little more and update post when or if I can replicate the bug.

• Fort farming.. so we get there and someone already got the loot.. so we take the flames and make a party sloop then kill skellies and take the key.. we go out to get some ritual skulls.. go back and activate the fort.. leave 1 skelly from first wave alive.. get the loot and turn it in.. ally a brig and give them party boat and let them clear the skellies while i go to bed xD

Farming and passing on the key thnx but yeah tho colour lantarn skellies are fun and superfatso was funny! I really enjoyed it :")

• The update is fantastic! I love it!
    I'm just chiming in with the chorus that the commendations for clearing the fort are not working properly. We've successfully completed 11 forts during the first two days and only have 2 counted (both of those 2 came on the 2nd day of this update, but we did 3 in total during that session).
    We cleared all enemies, opened the vault, and took all of the loot each and every time.

I'm sure it will be fixed and I hope the game is keeping track and we'll get them retroactively. :)

Regardless, we've been having an absolutely wonderful time with the update. Thanks!

• @scoobywrx555 I did it twice from start to finish in an alliance with a galleon. Nobody in either group got the credit.

• @scoobywrx555 said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.8 - Fort of the Damned Feedback:

Defeated the damned commendation and achievement didnt unlock

Yup, still broken as of 12 hrs ago. Hope they find a way to grant the credit retroactively. They take a while to complete.

• @coconutdog said in [MEGA THREAD] Update 2.0.8 - Fort of the Damned Feedback:

@takuboto Getting the red light is an absolute bind. Spent nearly an hour just trying to get this, on a 3 man brig, heading to volcanoes and seeing them stop as we arrive or sitting and all the hits are on the ship. Our alliance friends got all the other colours plus a skull by the time we had that 1 light. Not my idea of fun.

You can always try stealing it off another players ship it you see one ;)

• My crew and I defeated all of the enemies, including the boss, at the Fort of the Damned, but none of us unlocked the accommodation for defeating all of the enemies. None of us unlocked the cosmetics either. I was able to find similar reports off this issue from other players while doing a Google search. In my opinion, this is unacceptable, especially when the voyage takes many tedious hours to complete with such a high risk of having another crew steal everything from you. I'm very angry, and because of this experience, am less likely to take part in future event, especially if they are time consuming like this one. 0/10 for this update.

• Yea the fort completes need to be hot fixed

• Im having so much fun doing this new fort xD

We got all colours made allies got 4 skulls and complete it 2 times but now the 3 time a galleon took over xD a well bedtime i guess

Yeah colour lantarn skellies i love em great job funny disco fight :")

• @electricknights 1 crew has to complete the fort alone with no help from other players, you have to be the only ones to do it..... yeah, tough one.

• Maybe a exploit in the captain skellies spawning on islands?

If i canon away and go back with mermaid i found out on a tiny island... new skellies spawn...

So in short time i got 10 vilanous skulls and 10 captn orders with 4 maps on mermaid hideout for ritual skulls..

So i thought well maybe this is not right if i can farm this so easy?

• @sumsenet Just cannon to the active island, and stand in the lava. Works every time, just don't undershoot yourself or you will die in the hot water around the island.

• We should be able to catch Battlegills while the fort is active.
    For those who are having issues with getting the commendation a current work around is to have one of your crew mates stay on your ship and STAY ALIVE during the entire fight. Not sure if this only applies to the final boss or the whole time the fort is active, but we had a guys on our ship who stayed alive the whole time and we got 3/3 fort completions.

• wondering what the requirements for the Banishing achievement is and whether the 'stay alive' solution also counts for this or whether the one that stays alive gets the count. atm they don't seem to match up.

Edit: ignore, work ok now 👍

• all retroactive forts don’t count?

I mean there’s no way to track and give credit to everyone who’s either grabbed a key, unlocked the door, killed x amount of skeletons divided by total killed on island, killed ghost of graymarrow, turned in one of the chests from there.

Are there really no markers to give people the fort completion credit retroactively? Even if it’s overly generous and inaccurate in a positive way, surely that would be more beneficial to your player base than “sorry, try again later”?

• @its-vill you are talking out of my soul. Could not agree more with you, especially since it takes so long to gather all the flames and skull to even start it.

• I hate to say this but I am really disappointed in FotD.

Before I get into my feedback I want to tell you about myself. I love this game. I have been playing it from day one with my wife. We are both avid gamers. This game is the most fun I've had gaming since Halo 3. Both my wife and I are Pirate Legend. I am currently level 50 in everything, Athena level 10 and I have the Over Achiever sails from year one. I'm telling you this because I want you to know I'm not a casual player or new at the game and that this truly is one of my favorite games.

I played the fort with a full galleon crew over the weekend the boss some how phased into the rocks by the water and when we killed him the fort key did the same thing. So because of the glitches we got no commendations and no loot. All four players left your game frustrated.

Last night I set sail with my wife on sloop to try FotD with the two of us. It took over a hour to round up the required flames. The majority of that spent in the Devil's Roar where every time we got to an erupting island it would stop. Then we still needed blue lantern and the only way we had success with sharks was for one of us just jump in the water and float until one eventually showed up. It was seriously not fun and really frustrating. Once we got the fort activated we played through several waves. The mechanic of changing lantern colors is fine but having to deal with multiple color skellies that require six hits each at the same time is too much. And I get that is supposed to be hard. I love hard games and am engaged in tasks that take a long time but it very quickly became unpleasant and honestly we turned off the game in the middle of the fort because we weren't having fun.

I know Rare likes to try out new things and see what happens and I am normally a proponent of that but this time it didn't work. This update is really just a monotonous grind. And I'm sure the loot payout is worth it to a lot players but honestly I don't need the gold. I am only after the fun and after trying it twice have no desire to even play the game at all.

This game has brought so much joy I felt bad saying these things. Truthfully I didn't even want to post this publicly. I might be back on the game again for the Gold&Glory event to help some people rank up their Athena levels. Outside of that I don't know. Unfortunately I won't be getting any of commendations or time limited cosmetics for FotD which is too bad as that's one of my favorite parts of the game. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

JNOTE7

• @actedcomb6476 its not a bug. Update your game and itll work

• I'm enjoying FOTD for the most part, it has a few bugs though.

• Boss likes to get stuck on/in objects like the gate and rocks. Only way to not lose the key is having the entire crew wipe so the boss resets back.
    • This objective is too difficult for the average sloop once you introduce 3 active colors. It can be done but near impossible with 2 people without death.
    • You can glitch inside the vault while the skull is being placed. Timing is required
    • I've had skeletons go invisible/stuck on the island for my entire crew. I only found them by sound and dust vfx they made.
    • The normal quest line can become confusing once you kill the captain and end up with a bottle quest. Should be denoted in some way to show that it is not just a bottle quest.
    • The boss health seems a little high. Even with killing with 3 people, it seems like you are required to cheese him in order to bring him down.
      Even with all of these, I still enjoy it. It currently brings people to a set location on the map where I can find other players most often. The only thing I would add to what you've created is a weekly quest that rewards a higher amount of loot. You could then have an alteration of the skeleton cloud appear above FOTD letting people know that something is happening there. Anything that brings human interaction is what I enjoy personally.
  • I love your game and all That and i’m playing it like 24/7. But could you guys please do anything with FOV? 90 is just not enough. I don’t Know How it is with console gamers but it’s terrible to look at if you are playing on PC. I always gets some kind of motionsickness and have to Take a break. 120 FOV would be enough. You’re doing an incredible job:)

• @takuboto Have been experiencing MASSIVE ping spikes that make it almost unplayable. And as I know many have pointed out to Rare at this point, the blunderbuss HAS to be nerfed hard. It shouldn't be a noobs one-hit wonder win gun. A recent experience: Myself and three friends were on a galleon and we're all quite competent when it comes to PVP and PVE. The crew we were fighting were skilled as well, but it was obvious they weren't as skilled as our two boarders. That is until they pulled out the blunderbuss during 400(?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!) ping spikes!?! Then it doesn't matter how good you are you're simply dead. I myself climbed up a ladder on a sloop to see someone guarding the opposite ladder and someone driving, hit him twice along with the guarder. But low and behold someone magically appears beside me and my ping is sitting at 357! I don't mind the blunderbuss doing more damage than a sniper or even having knock back, but 1 blundering is ruining the game experience for everyone who has invested time to truly get a higher skill level than most. This is basically a slap in the face to the players who have thousands of hours in the game and countless arena wins. Because now you're saying to them "skill is no longer required for this game, nor are the hours you put into our game valuable to you as a player anymore. We will make it 'fair' for everyone who plays so that they can kill you in fights." Why was that move even allowed through insiders? Did you think that long time players would be happy with the 1 shotting?

Back to the ping issue. We were all from different places and all had the same number in spikes. How is it possible for us to continue playing and enjoying the game when you can't feasibly play the game without lagging 20ft away? I don't know if it's just too much on your servers to handle, but if you have microsoft backing you then how are server connections even something we have to worry about in SoT?

I love this game and have invested a decent amount of time into it, even convinced several people to purchase it so I could have people I knew online to play with when open crews were big strikeouts. The problem I am running into is that the game is genuinely no longer enjoyable if you want to be what the name of the game is "Sea of THIEVES", the game now punishes you for stealing by making it practically impossible to do anything if the crew is using blunderbuss and know anything about ladder guarding.

Please please please drop the 1 blunder and fix your lag issues!

• Is that it for completing the Fort of the Damned 50 times, a title? I completed it over two weeks ago and have been waiting to hear something but I haven't. Why have that goal if you just get a title?

• Just completed a fort of the damned raid, only to have a galleon full of twitch streamers turn up out of nowhere and dismantle us. I've been playing since launch and am pretty good at the game, but of course these guys are pretty much pro gamers and know every trick in the book, my relatively casual crew didn't stand a chance.

Jumped on to their twitch channel, and of course they were simply jumping around servers until they found raids they could do, with other players doing all the setup work

This was one of the most frustrating things about the game at launch, that one of the most interesting pieces of content is effectively inaccessible because galleons full of pro twitch shooters will turn up and ruin your day as soon as you start it

Is there really no way that "server hopping" can be prevented? A timeout on spamming join servers? Surely we knew this was a thing going in

• Just been on a sloop with a friend and we sailed over to take on the people at the fort of the damned. We sunk the galleon and sloop there twice in a row and the galleon a few more times as it kept coming back, loads of fun! We have never been in the fort before and managed to finish it fairly well with just the two of us. We saw a new galleon had sent people over to the island as we finished, so we grabbed the key and moved only to realise the key is marked on the map... what an AWEFUL idea... I mean really. We're fine in combat both 1v1 and sailing but how on earth do you expect a sloop to ever get the loot from the fort in that situation? You can't make a play with the key because its on the map which means none of the other ships feel pressured to make a move, you can't sail over to sink them because they will just go after the key. You can't try to sneak some quick loot because they can see the key walking up to the door and no longer need somebody on the island for info. It honestly seems terrible. With other forts the people attacking are forced to send people over for info or get involved, with the fort of the damned you can just sit pretty on your galleon and wait for the door to open on the map...

Publicaciones
Visitas
54 de 66