Legend of the veil/Athena help

• Hi so I'm currently grinding Athena rep, but I'm a solo sloop.

I'm planning on doing the legend of the veil but I was wondering if there are any tips for soloing it? Last time I sunk five times, was spawned halfway across the mapa way from the tornado, but nobody interrupted me.

Questions:

• What's the best outpost to start at?
    • best way to solve riddles
    • is emissary worth it? If not--how many veils will it take to get Athena 20?
    • tips?

Anyway luv yall in advance!

Views
    xbox onequestionwindows 10story & loreevents
  • @honeycrisp1 sagte in Legend of the veil/Athena help:

Hi so I'm currently grinding Athena rep, but I'm a solo sloop.

I'm planning on doing the legend of the veil but I was wondering if there are any tips for soloing it? Last time I sunk five times, was spawned halfway across the mapa way from the tornado, but nobody interrupted me.

Questions:

• What's the best outpost to start at?
    • best way to solve riddles
    • is emissary worth it? If not--how many veils will it take to get Athena 20?
    • tips?

Anyway luv yall in advance!

Athena 30 is max...don’t know how many you need
    Emissary voyage is worthit...1st chapter you get a riddle (treasure chest with 1 legendary item), a skellie island with 4 dark skellies (4 athena skulls) and a x-mark the spot with 7 athena items to dig;
    2nd chapter (watch out for the symbol on the map, this one is showing wrong) you get 2 x to dig up, one is an athena chest and one is a athena keg

Little advice to practice maybe for the tornado-fort...try soloing OoS ghost fleet

• why you got sunk? pvp or npc?

my tactic is this solo

passin the fort straight and take down what u can,dont bother about the ghostships if u get to many holes just sail straight away from the fort and repair when u repaired everything sail straight back to the fort and take down what u can just start circle around the fort when you feel comfortable with the fort.for the beginning the best tactic is sail straight to the fort take one side down and sail straight away from the fort to repair ,the ghostfleet doesnt make much damage the most damage you get is from the fort

• Use LOTV to get to grade 5, but then cycle the emissary quest and use another LOTV to supplement it back to 5 over and over. This will get you more rep than just doing LOTV itself as you earn a small boost in rep from lowering your flag(just like you get a small chunk of gold). But also you only earn rep for Athena items specifically and the emissary is 100% Athena items, while the voyages are only part Athena and the rest other faction loot. You can go ahead and sell what you have on board at grade 5 before you lower and raise again. Always sell at grade 5 to get most rep.
    Also I personally prefer claiming the emissary at Sanctuary. I feel like I get smaller islands more often from that outpost and smaller islands are always easier to work on.

• @abjectarity said in Legend of the veil/Athena help:

Use LOTV to get to grade 5, but then cycle the emissary quest and use another LOTV to supplement it back to 5 over and over. This will get you more rep than just doing LOTV itself as you earn a small boost in rep from lowering your flag(just like you get a small chunk of gold). But also you only earn rep for Athena items specifically and the emissary is 100% Athena items, while the voyages are only part Athena and the rest other faction loot. You can go ahead and sell what you have on board at grade 5 before you lower and raise again. Always sell at grade 5 to get most rep.
    Also I personally prefer claiming the emissary at Sanctuary. I feel like I get smaller islands more often from that outpost and smaller islands are always easier to work on.

This is a very productive approach for people that want less intensity but still want to play efficiently

Veils are well designed but the ending can be stressful depending on the person (both the pve and pvp risk), anyone that wants to avoid the stress but still make a lot of progress I would recommend what you posted here.

• Turn in before going to the tornado. Most people either don't want to bother you or know the voyage will get canceled if they do 😆 but to always get progress turn in.

That website I keep mentioning also has a guide for the picture maps from Sudds.

Liar Maps (comparing island paintings) you either have to know all the pictures or just go visit each one.

Take firebombs for the fight at Belle's location. The Ancients catch on fire and spread it to the phantoms and each other so one or two will shorten the fight, and the Soulflame Captain doesn't stand a chance against 3 flaming ancients.

When they put the Shipwrecks back, the air bubbles can be used on a lower deck by swimming up or down to the ceiling. The Grim whatever it's name is will have a clue telling you which ship has the key.

Views
xbox onequestionwindows 10story & loreevents
2 out of 6