Private Servers

• PLZ private server so WE CAN STOP TOXIC PLAYERS

Views
    questionfeedback
  • Custom servers, also known as Private Servers, are currently in the works, but will provide no Gold or Reputation gain when playing on them. They will purely be for interacting with the sandbox, and/or playing with friends without progression.

PVP and Piracy in this game isn't toxic. If someone is actually being toxic, such as hateful speech over mic, you can clip it and report it. People will want to fight, steal, and sabotage other ships because that's what some pirate's want to do, and that's allowed in this game. Tools not Rules.

• Can you please define what is "toxic" for you?
    If it's a player who sunk you and robbed you, this is not toxic.
    If it's a player who insulted you on the mic, this is toxic.

• @jimmy-collings

• PLZ private server so WE CAN STOP TOXIC PLAYERS

Sure..that will stop them.

• @silentkiller646 Gaaawd I wish they would allow us non-partners access to those custom servers, regardless of how rudimentary they may be. Seeing them regularly utilized in the sotshot contests is frustrating and rather unfair...

• @neon-ic0n Yeah i agree, it has been a long time coming, it would be nice to finally see them released to the masses (and hopefully not paid). They aren't a solution to the "PVE Server" conundrum, but they'd be a welcome little addition to the toolset, especially for, like you said, SOTShot.

• @jimmy-collings I hope you are aware that the only private servers are those were you gain no gold and you can't progress through commendations.

• Private servers would be a terrible addition if they allowed you to make gold imo. It's way better that people can steal your loot in sea of "thieves"

• Ahoy!

The team has given their thoughts on the topic of PvPvE and discussed it in an official Podcast here.

There is also a thread for Custom servers here.

Dropping an anchor on this thread.

Best!

Views
questionfeedback
4 out of 10