[Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.

• @letslipthedogs said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

I play with a lot of pc gamers. I am xbox we all know they have the advantage! Shut the pie holes!

• @letslipthedogs
    Opt out isn't the answer to that though. Rare should have spent this time balancing Crossplay, not working on an opt out.

• @sluggardbat6692 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@nwo-azcrack your comparing an opt out lobby to a PvE server. That's why we don't want to be on your pool. You think Xbox players are generally bad, and that we just need a pvE server. Lol that says it for itself.

You missed the entirw point of the post. I play on xbox. I listen to xbox players make excuses for losing to pc plyaers constantly. When the opt out gets here xbox players will no one to blame for their loss anymore and pve servers are gonna be their next request. Mark my words

• @nwo-azcrack well anyone who asks for a PVE server isn't a real pirate and can take their opinion with a grain of salt.

• @sluggardbat6692
    I feel the same way.

• @blazedrake100

I'm sure they tried to work on a solution as hard as possible.. It just wasn't to be.
    So opt out is coming.. Crossplay is still here for friends to connect and play together if they choose too, Xbox users with controllers will have a much fairer experience in combat and a much better enjoyment level of the game in a whole, an as from what i have experienced Xbox vs Xbox makes for some amazing battles win or lose.
    And the PC servers will also find themselves having a much closer matched level of combat than it has been, which makes for awesome gaming sessions.
    Brilliant for everyone.. I don't see a downside.. I really don't!
    (Unless of course you can't compete and need the easy mode to remain)

I'm so excited for this to finally reach the shores.. I and so many friends simply can't wait to get back to enjoying this game at it's full potential, and not being made to be punished with this forever dragging out nonsense we are enduring.

• @needsmokes
    The downside is that it slows down progress. Crossplay is the future, and the lines between console and pc will continue to get thinner.

• @blazedrake100 well they need to realize it just can't be done unless they are both running the same hardware there will always be an advantage.

• @blazedrake100

Kinnect was once the future for Xbox.. What happened with that? And guess which company was involved with that?
    No, crossplay is not currently the future.. There is far too much disparity between platforms for it to ever truly be fair just now.. Maybe some day.. But not today.

• @sluggardbat6692
    The only real advantage of pc is the kbm. Everything else can be balanced easily or doesn't matter. Kbm will take some work to balance, but I believe this game is pretty close to balance between kbm and controller.

• @needsmokes
    As long as you have a decent fps, hardware doesn't really matter. I do think a performance mode for the x would be good.

• @sluggardbat6692

well they need to realize it just can't be done unless they are both running the same hardware there will always be an advantage.

...and this doesn't already exist on PC? Xbox players don't seem to realize that hardware inequality is massive in the Pc community. Not everyone has SSD, $100 plus peripherals, or chairs that have lumbar support. Some of our rigs cost less than your xbox's or are simply the family laptop/computer. The reality, is that PC players don't care about the inequality. Only at the highest tier of competitive does that matter.

PC gaming is an expensive hobby, not everyone goes all out. Think of it like cars, some deck out their cars or buy expensive ones, but they obviously aren't the majority of car owners.

• @needsmokes said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

Brilliant for everyone.. I don't see a downside.. I really don't!
    (Unless of course you can't compete and need the easy mode to remain)

Indeed, you made it quite clear you don't (won't) see a downside, despite having people explain obvious ones multiple times. You would rather use the same tired and false pretense of easy mode instead. 🙈🙉

I'm so excited for this to finally reach the shores.. I and so many friends simply can't wait to get back to enjoying this game at it's full potential, and not being made to be punished with this forever dragging out nonsense we are enduring.

You don't say! After the 30th time you've repeated the old "I can't wait" line, I wasn't sure exactly how you were feeling about all this. No wonder this thread has 102 pages.

• @bloodybil said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@needsmokes said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

You don't say! After the 30th time you've repeated the old "I can't wait" line, I wasn't sure exactly how you were feeling about all this. No wonder this thread has 102 pages.

THIS! I can't wait to find out how needsmokes thinks about this tomorrow. Or the day after. Or the day after. Very valuable indeed!

• @l4chsfps
    I dont know but i bet you he cant wait!
    Funny thing is he has been waiting a long time......

• @bloodybil

There is NO downside to it.
    None at all!

• @bloodybil

Ps, I'm excited for this s to happen.

I will remind you on page 103 too

• @needsmokes said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@bloodybil

Ps, I'm excited for this s to happen.

Nothing wrong with that.

I will remind you on page 103 too

Hehe sounds good, I'll come make sure it's there!

• @sluggardbat6692 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blazedrake100 well they need to realize it just can't be done unless they are both running the same hardware there will always be an advantage.

Right but the Xbox console eco system isn't all running the same hardware, this will only get worse when Scarlett arrives in approx 14 months.

• I think the next big step is to properly promote the optional crossplay that is coming get back the xbox players who all left and let them know Sea of Thieves is going to be fun again.

• @blatantwalk4260 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

I think the next big step is to properly promote the optional crossplay that is coming get back the xbox players who all left and let them know Sea of Thieves is going to be fun again.

I highly doubt it, considering rare even said they wouldn't be putting the toggle at the forefront.

• @blatantwalk4260 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

I think the next big step is to properly promote the optional crossplay that is coming get back the xbox players who all left and let them know Sea of Thieves is going to be fun again.

This game supports crossplay, would you like to participate?
    Yes X or No ✓

A little pop up like this is all other games offer before you begin, and it's enough.

• @blatantwalk4260 Yes I have a lot of Xbox players that stopped playing because of crossplay and at this point I dont know if the damage is already done

• Or not. Rare still wants Crossplay, it's just that people didn't want it. So now, if people think there's so much of an advantage, they can opt out if they feel like it and have the knowledge to search for the option.

• @blatantwalk4260 whats funny is that people against the opt out think that it will hurt player interactions. Its actually the opposite. Xbox crews tend to avoid other ships knowing that if that one pc player exists on the other ship thier loss is guaranteed. By knowing that pc players no linger exist in a session we are more likely to engage or interact with other ships knowing they wont have some absurd powerhouse killing everyone. SoT is about interactions but interaction is so limited because pc players ruin these interactions

• @blatantwalk4260
    No, your hatred of pc players ruins interactions. The opt out won't change interactions directly, but it could make population issues, with a bad server merge system.

• @nabberwar said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@sluggardbat6692

well they need to realize it just can't be done unless they are both running the same hardware there will always be an advantage.

...and this doesn't already exist on PC? Xbox players don't seem to realize that hardware inequality is massive in the Pc community. Not everyone has SSD, $100 plus peripherals, or chairs that have lumbar support. Some of our rigs cost less than your xbox's or are simply the family laptop/computer. The reality, is that PC players don't care about the inequality. Only at the highest tier of competitive does that matter.

PC gaming is an expensive hobby, not everyone goes all out. Think of it like cars, some deck out their cars or buy expensive ones, but they obviously aren't the majority of car owners.

This. ^^^^^^^^^-------------- the whole premise of the othersides argument is that we all own super computers when a majority of us DON'T. A lot of PC owners don't have the money to chill out for a high end rig.

Again it was never about fair play. Just straight up prejudices and hate. I'm sad Rare is making this decision. Eventually it will ultimately be PC on one server and xbox on the other. Its going to happen. Human nature dictates it.

There might be a few xbox players that play in the everyone server but thats only because they have PC player friends.

@blatantwalk4260 Xbox crews tend to avoid other ships knowing that if that one pc player exists on the other ship thier loss is guaranteed.

This is the most ridiculous statement i have ever read

• @xultanis-dragon said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@nabberwar said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@sluggardbat6692

This. ^^^^^^^^^-------------- the whole premise of the othersides argument is that we all own super computers when a majority of us DON'T. A lot of PC owners don't have the money to chill out for a high end rig.

Again it was never about fair play. Just straight up prejudices and hate. I'm sad Rare is making this decision. Eventually it will ultimately be PC on one server and xbox on the other. Its going to happen. Human nature dictates it.

There might be a few xbox players that play in the everyone server but thats only because they have PC player friends.

Although it can become a slippery slope, I am pretty sure we won't see a day where consoles will be totally separated by server. At some point Rare can't please the segregation needs of everyone, for every technical or mental discrepancies between players.

I am sure that not all fearless xbox remainers will only stay for friends, some have the iron cannonballs to face anyone regardless of console and won't back down from any challenge, no matter how exaggerated.

Those guys will be the new bane of the xbox only servers, should they decide to try it for a laugh.

• @xultanis-dragon
    That's probably what it is for some people, but then other people believe the pc haters for advantages. They then see an advantage everywhere, even if there is none.

• @needsmokes
    Funny how you get called out on im excited for this, but the countless repeats of counter arguments dont get called out too...bias maybe?

These last few pages have been hilarious, all the straw-grasping and tin foil hat predictions to try and win an argument that no one wants to have:
    None of the serious crossplay debaters have been involved in pve server discussions.
    Using Scarlett as a reason to postpone opt out for another 16 months is weak sauce, Rare havent said whether Scarlett gets the choice to opt out or not. Rare hasn't even said if Scarlett gets a super version or the Xbox X version of SoT. Maybe keep the tin foil in the top drawer for now, hats arent necessary.
    Rare hasn't stated whether the opt-out is happening because of pressure from Xbox owners, or because of internal stats and data(which they said they were collecting and analysing last year), but some posters seem certain that Xboxers pressure is the reason. If i was to put my own conspiracy hat on, i would guess that the data did show a noticeable difference, but because Rare don't want 100% of Xboxers to leave, they will not release those findings. I have no proof at all, but neither do the guys suggesting 'xbox pressure' as the reason ...I must remember to invest in tin foil shares at some point.
    Some posters like to imply that 'xboxers think all pc players have super computers'. Nah, not all, but some do. You chose to enter into a market with hundreds of variables and differences. Dont expect the market with a handful of variables to be happy about your invasion.

@NeedSmokes lol, got a bit sidetracked there, but I too am super excited that this option will finally be available. Let me know if you need another crew mate, I'll probably reinstall when the update goes live.

Also, if anyone cares, @NatiRedGals is also super excited that opt-out is finally happening. Also said something about sand, but i forget what.

• @pomalotacusmk3

I would love them to share those figures.. But we know they won't, and we know why.

Would just like to take this opportunity to say how excited i am that opt out will soon be here.

But i have to add this: Should i get sunk by one single Xbox crew i will be demanding PVE servers next! Is that about right? Have i been reading correctly?

@blatantwalk4260 whats funny is that people against the opt out think that it will hurt player interactions. Its actually the opposite. Xbox crews tend to avoid other ships knowing that if that one pc player exists on the other ship thier loss is guaranteed. By knowing that pc players no linger exist in a session we are more likely to engage or interact with other ships knowing they wont have some absurd powerhouse killing everyone. SoT is about interactions but interaction is so limited because pc players ruin these interactions

I do agree that post opt-out, I will be able to approach every ship without concern about the number of pc players on board, which will in turn change the way some interactions unfold.

I do, however, agree with @NWO-Azcrack. Saying that loss is guaranteed is a bit ridiculous. You have to realize that some comments harm the efforts of other debaters.

• @needsmokes
    Me too, im so excited, i just cant wait.

I agree, as soon as the toxic xbox crews attack me while im doing a TT, i'll be right here demanding pve servers, elite controller servers, and a set of sails with a roll of tinfoil as the emblem...or maybe the whole sail is made with tinfoil thread? Mmmmm shiny :)

Heavy sarcasm,except the giant silver sails, maybe a whole ship set with a 'metal mario' theme...

• @pomalotacusmk3

I do, however, agree with @NWO-Azcrack. Saying that loss is guaranteed is a bit ridiculous. You have to realize that some comments harm the efforts of other debaters.

We all have our people who we wish didn't argue on our behalf.

Aufrufe
3565 von 3601