[Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 3

• @genuine-heather said in [Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 3:

I think barrels should all be locked to a specific type of product, like they are on our ships. In other words, instead of generic, multi-item barrels, you'd see a food barrel, or a wood barrel, or a cannonball barrel (or perhaps a more generic "ordinance barrel"). The cursed cannonballs would appear in cannonball barrels but not wood or food barrels. This would simplify and expediate resource gathering, and it would make a whole lot more sense.

I Agree 100 percent - I am an Athenas 10 Pirate Legend who stopped playing until they fix this Barrel UI Nightmare

• @am-big-red I am right there with you my friend. What a sad state of affairs

• Wow... We're are on part 3 of this thread and rare. Hasnt done much for the barrel 2.0 bug... Oh wait inventory system. Please remove this system and go back to the more fluid system that was in place prior.

Or if u have to keep this awful system.

Please fix the inability to move after accessing barrel.

Give us a quick command for planks, bananas, and cannonballs so we can grab in the heat of battle

Please display the contents of the barrels

Please add a take all and store all function.

Give the Xbox players the ability to hold down 'x' button to fast grab items like the PC can do when holding down 'f' button.

It is sad that Joe calls the system an 'impovement' in the dev video.

• I think they have already stated that they were adding the take all store all option

• Accessed barrel. Showed 6 bananas... when i looted i got cannon balls.. do ya'll test this at all?

Access inventory screen cursor went off screen minimized games on multiple instances... do ya'll test this at all?

• I've only played twice since the barrels were changed, can't stand it, it's a mess and I absolutely hate how many buttons I have to press just to get an item now. It may or may not work for PC players but it's abysmal for a controller to navigate, especially in the heat of the moment. Last time I played I just refused to use barrels, picked up all my bananas from the beach or had crewmates pass me things, glad you added that in now, probably made sense if you always knew you were going to ruin barrels for everyone.

• The sloops cannonball barrels can become inaccessible while sailing.. My #1 concern rn.

• @reedski said in [Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 3:

I've only played twice since the barrels were changed, can't stand it, it's a mess and I absolutely hate how many buttons I have to press just to get an item now. It may or may not work for PC players but it's abysmal for a controller to navigate, especially in the heat of the moment. Last time I played I just refused to use barrels, picked up all my bananas from the beach or had crewmates pass me things, glad you added that in now, probably made sense if you always knew you were going to ruin barrels for everyone.

It's not any better for PC players.

• Its insane they haven't come out with any fixes for this inventory system lol. I got the inaccessible sloop barrel this evening during a fight... I don't understand why I still play... When I get so frustrated with the game some times.

• @personalc0ffee I'm 1 update away from finding a better use for my hard-drive space mate

• The feedback regarding the Barrels 2.0 system:

First a list of frustrations/issues I have encountered.

1. PC issue: the window bar popping up while in the interface due to moving your mouse to high, etc. causing it to detach from the in-game controls is extremely problematic and immersion breaking. Not to mentioned amplifies the secondary issue and has actually killed me a couple of times now.
    2. The barrels are pretty much useless now in battle, as it forces your character to stand still (open an interface) and the inability to know whether there banana's in those barrels can cause you to lose HP to just check the barrels contents. In a game where mobility is such a key tool to survival, forcing players to stand still to open up an interface breaks the flow.
    3. The 'ghost' icon on the items you have picked up, this prevents the interface of moving on to the next item and forces you to move the selection. Breaking the flow of quickly looting and extends the time in there
    4. PC issue I would assume: When opening the controls to store or pick up items are the same, resulting in that I have to press: F, E or Q, F (while mousing over the items), X. Requiring a minimal of 4 commands and correct mouse movements. I still have while using this method that occasionally due to my mouse position being on the other side it still swaps to the incorrect barrel and starts storing or picking up items while I want to be doing the opposite. It feels clunky and frustrating.
    5. Barrel content no longer seems to be balanced based on where they are spawned, the amount of banana's on a Skull fort for instance seems to be way less than before. (this might just be my feeling / luck)

Now what I personally would like to see:

1. A way to interact with barrels (maybe just for basic items as a limitation) where it would not be required to open an interface. (Take all / Store all being clicks, while entering would be hold the button)
    2. Some type of limitation to the cursed cannonballs, something along the lines of have them share cannonball count (10 or up it to 15 regardless of type) or have one of each type (green/purple) able to be held by a single pirate at a time - there is currently no incentive to store them in barrels (making them impossible to steal).

Just my 2 cents that I wanted to share.

• I've been pretty absent from the forums lately so I have missed most of the discussion around barrels 2.0. I haven't seen it mentioned yet in this megathread but perhaps it was in the original. I would really like it for us to have the option of of putting the Reputation page as the default page to show when pressing TAB on PC. I know the equipment tab and resources tab are going to be swapped, but once the quick menu on the cannons comes for the cursed cannonballs I won't really have a need for the equipment tab.

Perhaps if we could customize the order?

• I personally don't have too much trouble with the barrels. The main thing that I would love to see changed however, is being able to open empty barrels.
    There is no reason to check an empty barrel at an outpost, because ya know... It's empty. So I am not sure why we are even able to look into them. Personally, that is the main thing I'd love to see changed.

• @yacantdutchthis said in [Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 3:

I personally don't have too much trouble with the barrels. The main thing that I would love to see changed however, is being able to open empty barrels.
    There is no reason to check an empty barrel at an outpost, because ya know... It's empty. So I am not sure why we are even able to look into them. Personally, that is the main thing I'd love to see changed.

The reason you can open empty barrels is so you can put things in them, as well as take things out. The old barrels worked in one direction only, but the since the new ones work in both directions...you can open them while empty.

• @genuine-heather But I don't think anyone feels the need to put items there. Which is why I see no reason to be able to open empty barrels. I get the reason why, but it's completely useless.

• @am-big-red said in [Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 3:

Lost three shipmates who I got to play this game, but won't anymore do to this change, plus I'm not far behind if this, and the other bugs don't get fixed. I'm sorry, but the old system was fine to me. The whole searching inventory is overkill....

I too have friends who, every time I ask to crew up, ask me if the barrels have been fixed. I don't think they are coming back.

• @strinder said in [Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 3:

@am-big-red said in [Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 3:

Lost three shipmates who I got to play this game, but won't anymore do to this change, plus I'm not far behind if this, and the other bugs don't get fixed. I'm sorry, but the old system was fine to me. The whole searching inventory is overkill....

I too have friends who, every time I ask to crew up, ask me if the barrels have been fixed. I don't think they are coming back.

Yah. My brother quit. It really sucks. An the inability to access the sloop cannonball barrel bug is driving me over the cliff too... I can't believe they haven't update this awful system in almost over two weeks. Lol and now any hope of fixes has been delayed to the 27th because I doubt Rare will patch any bugs this week either. Heck they didn't even bother patching bugs last week or do a maintenance. /facepalm

• @personalc0ffee said in [Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 3:

Rare's already said the improvements planned for the barrels in the threads in the OP of the post. Go read them if you are still lost about the direction the UI is moving in.

It's not us that's lost in the direction the UI is moving in....

• @personalc0ffee said in [Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 3:

@treefittymonsta That's because it is honestly not that bad a system.

Yah improvements are needed and some bugs are present. They'll get sorted in time and the game is perfectly playable with it, it just takes a bit of getting used to.

It's true it is playable but frustrating when u encounter a bug while in combat. But I would be ok with it current state if it was early access or beta but this a fully released game.

A fully released game that has had bugs in a non tested inventory system which was implemented four weeks ago... And the only thing improve was the fact that now we can see if a barrel is empty.

It's a bad system until they fix the bugs imho. But now we have to wait another week for anything. I bet u, the dlc next week will only introduce more bugs and will only fix a couple of existing bugs.

Just wait and see.

• My friends stopped playing over this change.

What if my friends could switch back to the old system and deal with the consequences that entails, no access to cursed cannonballs, special planks, exotic fruit or the rowboat footlocker? Then I could use/manage that stuff for them since the new system doesn't make me nauseous.

• Not sure if it's to do with the new barrels or not, but sometimes after I die, I cannot access barrels anymore. I can still interact with other things and I believe shooting a cannon once fixed it, but I'm not sure when it happens and how to reliably fix it.

• @ottersteeth said in [Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 3:

Not sure if it's to do with the new barrels or not, but sometimes after I die, I cannot access barrels anymore. I can still interact with other things and I believe shooting a cannon once fixed it, but I'm not sure when it happens and how to reliably fix it.

Hmm, that's odd. I haven't encountered this one before. Good find.

If you'd be so kind to create a bug report so the right people can start working on it :)

• @ottersteeth said in [Mega Thread] Barrel 2.0 - Part 3:

Not sure if it's to do with the new barrels or not, but sometimes after I die, I cannot access barrels anymore. I can still interact with other things and I believe shooting a cannon once fixed it, but I'm not sure when it happens and how to reliably fix it.

That bug has been in the game since a patch prior to cursed sails. Ive reported it many times and got the generic support reply. It never has shown up in the known issues list. Not been acknowledged by rare other than the generic response email.

Usually if u die and respawn it fixes it. They really need to add an option to suicide ur character. There are some spots ur character can get stuck in and you have to logout and log back in to get out. This doesn't work well if you're playing solo.

Here's hoping they fix the bugs someday.

/Signed Concerned customer

• @treefittymonsta Yea, I've been thinking about getting stuck too. Most games have at least an option to get back to a safe spot.

I can try and report the barrel issue too. There must be more people having the same problem.

• It was mentioned earlier in this thread but I'm going to add my two bits. I don't find the new barrel UI to be that bad (on PC) as long as the item you want is the first item in the barrel.

Allow navigation through the items in inventory using your mapped movement keys (WASD). Its odd that Q/E will switch between containers but they didn't think to use the movement keys for in-container selections.

A semi-related issue, but A and D keys should also cycle between pages where applicable (looking at you reputation commendations) instead of Page Up and Page Down.

• @khaleesibot will the 'take all' option still open the UI and slow you down?

• @pondobruin85 I created an account just to come here and give feedback. Alot of my friends have stopped playing because of these changes. It sucks and its why I'm here trying to give feedback as well!

• @personalc0ffee
    Wow well said! Coding is very much a puzzle every time you implant new or change things around unexpected things can happen to the big picture.
    Look at mincraft creepers were the result of unexpected Coding.

Aufrufe
156 von 168