[Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2)

• Ahoy thar Pirates of the Fo'Rum.

@khaleesibot has requested that we close the current round of Mega Threads and remake them for anyone new to the discussion, so here we go!

To read past discussions, check out this topic here: Mega Thread - Part 1

In an attempt to keep all the popular conversation topics in one place, we have made these Mega Threads.

This topic is focused on Microsoft's 'Play Anywhere' (Cross Play) and Balancing between the two platforms (Windows 10 PC and Xbox One).

Discuss below.

Thank you! :D

Keep to the Code - The Pirate Code
    As a reminder, the Pirate Code is more than just guidelines (though the reference really never gets old), but the rules of the community and game that we expect all members to abide by when participating on the forums. Any member who fails to abide by the code may find themselves put in the brig, or removed from the community.

Cast your good eye over the Articles here: The Pirate Code

Aufrufe
  • Share this link with your friends on social media, if you’re likeminded (or even if you’re not), let’s make #RAREaware

I would like there to be an option to opt out of crossplay when starting a crew, this is an ongoing debate regarding keyboard and mouse users vs controller users.
    Im a veteren gamer and have been playing both console and pc for over 20 years.
    I'm playin this game on xbox with my children (this is why i play on xbox and not pc since its quite expensive to buy 3 pc to game on)

Now I don't want to hear people deffend this argument because frankly, you cant support it. It is a well known FACT that KBM is superior to usiing a controller when shooting or pvping. Yes i know this game isn't hard core but ya know what? It kinda is. Yes its not twitchy but when you've spent a few hours of game time collecting chests to have it all lost to players that have a unfair advantage with aiming, movement and shooting something has to be done.

Now i have played this game on pc and xbox and it is literally a night and day differnce, a controller canno't match the precision and tracking that a pointing device can. For all of you adults out there, imagine using your xbox controller to naviage an EXCEL spread sheet or file a online banking report, its horrible, its slow and clunky and you 'over shoot' your target area.

I am feeling bitter that on console i am limited to this controller which is far sub par to a pointing device. So although this game is not 'competetive (you kidding right? - its competetve when im trying to protect my treasure) its unfair to effectivly force players to fight in unfair circumstances and potential undo hours of work.

I asked my child (he's 6 bless him) to try playing on a pc and although he was slow with the keyboard, i was asking him to shoot at pigs and chickens and he was simply pointing and clicking, no misses, and quite frankly fast aiming, on a controller its another story, slow and clumsy, to add to this when I play, i feel the sensativity needs a massive boost to be even close to competing with pc users on KBM. - yes scoped sniping is slow on both but DPI mouses can fix that.

Watch some streamers, watch some YT videos and you can see the pc guys pivoting on the spot, doing rapid 180 turns, with a greater situational awareness and then getting on target and tracking a moving target flawlessly – no they are not pros, its just super easy to do.

I would like to see this topic sensibly addressed and I would like to know what the devs will do about it, i'm all for KBM support for the consoles as far as cross play games go, thought i suspsect thats a barrier with microsoft.

Games like gears of war 4 have cross play and a toggle for it, rocket league too, its the playign field is fair you'll have a healthier and happier player base, for people that don't care about this ' handicap' let them play with their pc friends or vice versa – im all for that element, but please dont force us to play together if we do not want too.

The team at RARE are smart and talented guys, ive been playing their games for donkeys years, im talkign about RC pro, solar jetman, battle toads, goosebumps, banjoo and kazooie – you name it! LOVE the team, but I find it hard to see that they could have missed this one, im also aware they spent considerable time trying to balance toe 2 input devices but when you restrict a controller movement so slow and leave hip fire sensativity on a mouse lightning fast, its quite frankly absurd that nobody thought this wasn't going to be a problem.

So there you have it, please address this you wonderful guys – I want to get behind this game but the uneven playing fiend is killing my energy and passion for what can only be described as a dropped ball :(

• @holyskin
    I would like to completely agree with above post. I think also that to allow keyboard and mouse is something we would have to encourage to Microsoft, RARE will also have to push on this also. I’m fairly certain this isn’t high up on their list of To Do but, it is certainly needed. In defence of this thread I will add my two cents to the keyboard and mouse debate; I play on PC mainly for this, the reason is I am an extremely competitive gamer, the aiming alone on PC is enough for anyone to make the jump. Xbox players are slow and clunky, think a knight in heavy metal Armor vs, usain bolt during the 100m sprint. If this game gave you those two options, which one would you pick? This is my mentality when it comes to games requiring an “aim”. My vote goes to - allow keyboard support and/or cross platform toggle.

• I totally agree with this post. It is a well known fact that aiming and awareness of your surroundings is easier to achieve and excell at on pc, like the post said, because of the clunky nature of controllers. Although i agree fully on this post, i would see it more reasonable to enable toggle on crossplay over modifying game, because i would imagine that option to be easier and more simple to do (taking in notice that launch is coming on fast).

• We had zero issues playing the beta with controllers, and forcing players to use controllers easily levels the playing field for crossplay. We were playing one day with two xbox one players and being able to communicate specific controls to new players was perfect.

• Controller only seems that bad to those who aren't proficient with it. I am on PC playing with a DS4 and win 9 out of 10 fights, just as I can easily keep up even in more competitive shooters such as Rainbow Six.

And honestly, having played for years with both a controller and M+Kb I can tell you that both have advantages, the controller is way better at controlling movement while the mouse is way better for aiming. Both things can even be minimized by experience/practice. Imho, in a game like this, I feel like twitch aiming is even less important than normal (specially without actual crosshairs) and given that the controller is also better for steering and canon aiming, things even out.

Edit: There could be an optional aim assist for when using a controller on both platforms though. Done right, it will clear the issue completely.

• I play on both pc and console and I prefer console and that's my opinion and choice. I've been playing the alpha/beta for awhile and never had a problem where I felt at a disadvantage using a controller. My record is almost spotless. The only time I feel at a disadvantage is when the blunder buster doesn't work. You know when there is a fat guy on a wheel and you climb the ship and basically put the blunder buster in his back and he doesn't die. That's the only problem I run into when pvping. I've played against a lot of pc players and I beat many of them. So I think cross play is find.

• @gareeet i think you've missed the point completely. You can communicate fine with quick chat, you can play the game with a pad just fine, but when it comes down to a shoot out, or a battle on the sea you will be completely inferior to the fellow with a mouse easily tracking your small head with a sniper. I want to know, and i quote "forcing players to use controllers easily levels the playing field for crossplay" what gives you this idea as i personally think this is absurd.

@DeAshkiin
    "And honestly, having played for years with both a controller and M+Kb I can tell you that both have advantages, the controller is way better at controlling movement while the mouse is way better for aiming." - What? you're wrist can make more minute movements and quicker movements than your thumb can, regardless of sensitivity. This is easier for precise movements, precise targeting (much easier on pc).

"I feel like twitch aiming is even less important than normal (specially without actual crosshairs) and given that the controller is also better for steering and canon aiming, things even out." again, what? I've sniped so many people using a mouse on PC who are trying to canon fire. it is just too easy. your arguments are respected, but invalid. The mouse and keyboard will always be superior.

• @return-if-found said in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

@gareeet i think you've missed the point completely. We are not saying that playing with a controller has issues, or people using them expierence difficulty. I want to know, and i quote "forcing players to use controllers easily levels the playing field for crossplay" what gives you this idea as i personally think this is absurd.

@DeAshkiin
    "And honestly, having played for years with both a controller and M+Kb I can tell you that both have advantages, the controller is way better at controlling movement while the mouse is way better for aiming." - What? you're wrist can make more minute movements and quicker movements than your thumb can, regardless of sensitivity. This is easier for precise movements, precise targeting (much easier on pc).

"I feel like twitch aiming is even less important than normal (specially without actual crosshairs) and given that the controller is also better for steering and canon aiming, things even out." again, what? I've sniped so many people using a mouse on PC who are trying to canon fire. it is just too easy. your arguments are respected, but invalid. The mouse and keyboard will always be superior.

I don't see where you refuted my arguments. I said mouse was superior for aiming, you explained how/why (kontrolfreek and years of play does minimize it to the point I play in platinum on Rainbow Six Siege and have a positive KD);

I also said controller was better at movement and canon aiming, which you being able to snipe someone on canon doesn't refute at all. If anything just shows what the other could have done - shoot, leave and make you miss, then shoot towards you. I've done that many times

• @return-if-found said in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

@gareeet i think you've missed the point completely. You can communicate fine with quick chat, you can play the game with a pad just fine, but when it comes down to a shoot out, or a battle on the sea you will be completely inferior to the fellow with a mouse easily tracking your small head with a sniper. I want to know, and i quote "forcing players to use controllers easily levels the playing field for crossplay" what gives you this idea as i personally think this is absurd.

@DeAshkiin

Exactly my point. If keyboard and mouse are not supported, that forces everyone to excel with a controller, and there won't be an unfair mouse keyboard advantage.

• @gareeet Mouse and keyboard should never be supported imo, it just creates an unfair advantage in other more competitive games

• @deashkiin
    Arguments was poor wording choice, my bad! its more of an opinion.

it depends on the player skill, but i have sniped so many people on the canon, or headed to the canon rather easily.

• I think Microsoft should really have kept sea of thieves as an xbox exclusive and not made it cross play. I'm an xbox player and pc player and I think this way, because xbox is lacking exclusives compared to PlayStation and just allowing it to be cross play most PlayStation players have pc so they won't even bother getting an xbox

• @gareeet
    This game has cross platform, pitting people with a controller with inferior aiming vs people with a precision pointing device and saying, oh its okay people will just have to learn and force people to excel.
    Go watch some comparisons on YouTube.

@DeAshkiin
    it needs to be supported buddy because the game forces us to play with people with an advantage..

• @return-if-found There isn't even much consequence for dying like that though. Me sinking your ship however...

I do agree there is still some advantage (small, very small) overall towards PC, hence the aim assist suggestion. Specially now with the sword lock gone and not having an option (can see some more casual controller users having a difficulty with this). However there's other areas where the controller wins. M+Kb is not better at everything as some try to say, and if you can control where/how you're fighting you can easily win.

Edit: No need to start being condescending cause you can't argue "buddy". And no, it doesn't need to be nor would most console users use it as it's not the product's purpose. Again, I'm on PC playing on a TV - won't use M+Kb. Also there's other games to consider when supporting at a system level so that just won't happen anytime soon. And if it did it would be a big mistake on their part. See the big picture

@gareeet
    This game has cross platform, pitting people with a controller with inferior aiming vs people with a precision pointing device and saying, oh its okay people will just have to learn and force people to excel.

I haven't debated controller vs mouse tracking at all. I've stated if everyone on both platforms is FORCED to use a controller, your argument is rendered moot. Reread what I've stated, and what you've commented back.

I've been both a pc gamer and console gamer going back to 1982, so I do know the differences and advantages.

• @gareeet said in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

@return-if-found said in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

@gareeet

I haven't debated controller vs mouse tracking at all. I've stated if everyone on both platforms is FORCED to use a controller, your argument is rendered moot. Reread what I've stated, and what you've commented back.

I've been both a pc gamer and console gamer going back to 1982, so I do know the differences and advantages.

That would make more sense but still excludes a big part of the community who are elitists and would never use a controller. Doesn't seem like a solution for such a small problem either

• @DeAshkiin
    depending on the group, you may have 1-3 people using the canons during a battle (assuming both ships are in a location to use canons) i can pick of 1-3 people within 5-10 seconds leaving on 1 person guarding your ship, 3 of my crew will fire straight over = you lost.

I don't understand what you mean, the keyboard is capable of the movements you can make on a pad.

• @return-if-found Why would I stay on canon when I see you aim? You beat inferior players to you skill-wise. That's all. Also I don't see how I can explain something you'd have to dedicate time and experience to understand, but it is just as much of a fact as "aiming is easier with a mouse". And like I said before, all of this can be minimized by practice on either end, even if the gap is never closed completely.

Edit: D-pad? just noticed lol. Who uses D-pad? that just proves my point

• @gareeet said in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

@gareeet

My apologies i read your reply wrong.

• @deashkiin said in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

@gareeet said in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

@return-if-found said in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

@gareeet

That would make more sense but still excludes a big part of the community who are elitists and would never use a controller. Doesn't seem like a solution for such a small problem either

Elitist jerks that need to have a kb/mouse advantage can go stuff themselves. Sometimes we'll play kb/mouse on our desktop gaming system, and sometimes we'll kick back and play with a controller on the couch on our 82" hdtv. SOT plays perfectly on a controller, and rare has stated several times they want a level playing field.

Sounds like you just want an advantage over the console players to me.

• @gareeet What? Why is everyone getting so aggressive on this thread? I haven't used Mouse and keyboard with this game at all yet! Just pointing the fact that many PC users would never use controller. It was actually poorly worded as not all of them are elitists but yea, that was the point

• @deashkiin
    I just want an even playing field

• @return-if-found Me too but we aren't/weren't far. With a few adjustments it can be done in this kind of game

• This is blowing up and there is a lot of invalid arguments here. Once I get home I’ll add my 2 dabloons.

• I'm more interested in options to balance pvp players vs pve players that controller debates. I see that more of a launch impacting issue than kb/m jockeys.

In 10-12 hours of playing the beta this last weekend, we came across only one guy by himself in game who didn't want to kill us or sink our ship. Being able to extend an accord to another crew to share booty and work together would be a huge benefit, IMHO.

• @deashkiin sagte in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

@return-if-found Me too but we aren't/weren't far. With a few adjustments it can be done in this kind of game

yea, the adjustment for an even playingfield is, to give us the the option to disable crossplay. I mean 99 percent of the games on xbox which uses crossplay, have a option to disable it and make it optional for a Reason, but SoT forces us to it and thats are where the problem is.

• @lc-slyder I don't know if there will be enough players at start but regardless I'd much rather have a division made by input then, since there's so many controller users on pc in this game. I'm not against it though. Maybe when it grows

• @deashkiin sagte in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

@lc-slyder I don't know if there will be enough players at start but regardless I'd much rather have a division made by input then, since there's so many controller users on pc in this game. I'm not against it though. Maybe when it grows

dont worry about player numbers at start, this is not a no name game from a indi studio somewhere in asia, this is a AAA title from a well known Studio, and the game is already hyped as f***

• I honestly give up on this thread..

@LC-SLyDeR I said I agree friend, just sugested a (imo) better division of the player base. Not worried, just don't know. Neither do you.

• @lc-slyder
    I agree, I will be fine with a toggle implemented. I find it very unrealistic for them to include mouse and keyboard functionality but it would be good to have. One thing that needs to change is the sensitivity options we need a faster speed. I personally play with a high sensitivity when gaming on Xbox. I have yet to have been disappointed by RARE I grew up playing their games and have mad respect. I feel like we won’t b disappointed, but from what I’ve read in various places, the way they tested the “fairness” is a bit sketchy.

• It is now less than a week until the release date, Rare are cutting it fine with these debates, we need an official response so we know what Rare plans to implement at release or in the future.

Up vote this post if you want a response from Rare. Also quote and tag Rare employees, lets put the pressure on for answers. We as consumers need to know the kind of product we have purchased or are considering purchasing.

• Just want to say before you read whats below, there is no ill-intent towards anyone im countering, nothing but love, brothers! My editing ducks too, doing this of my phone, so bare with me. Also forgive my spelling but im not going back to correct everything.

@gareeet said in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

We had zero issues playing the beta with controllers, and forcing players to use controllers easily levels the playing field for crossplay. We were playing one day with two xbox one players and being able to communicate specific controls to new players was perfect.

Thank you, and I agree 'forcing players to use the same interface will indeed level the playing field (although I do not think this is the correct way to balance things). Acknowledging there i an issue is a +1 in my book!

@deashkiin said in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

Controller only seems that bad to those who aren't proficient with it. I am on PC playing with a DS4 and win 9 out of 10 fights, just as I can easily keep up even in more competitive shooters such as Rainbow Six.

And honestly, having played for years with both a controller and M+Kb I can tell you that both have advantages, the controller is way better at controlling movement while the mouse is way better for aiming. Both things can even be minimized by experience/practice. Imho, in a game like this, I feel like twitch aiming is even less important than normal (specially without actual crosshairs) and given that the controller is also better for steering and canon aiming, things even out.

Edit: There could be an optional aim assist for when using a controller on both platforms though. Done right, it will clear the issue completely.

deashkiin: "Controller only seems that bad to those who aren't proficient with it. I am on PC playing with a DS4 and win 9 out of 10 fights, just as I can easily keep up even in more competitive shooters such as Rainbow Six"

ME: No mate, please get a clue and no disrespect intedned, controllers ARE BAD period. Yes you can grow proficient with it, the younger generation have never known any different. Bold claim about your victories. WHy do you think every console shooter has aim assist? Ever think about that; it's to assist a sub-par interface option.

deashkiin: And honestly, having played for years with both a controller and M+Kb I can tell you that both have advantages, the controller is way better at controlling movement

Me: Here you are actually regurgitating an age old argument thats not even your own, and your misrepresenting the claim that is age old within the gaming community. I'll explain... movement on a controller is better only in the sense that with an analogue imput you have a touch sensetivity so you can creep and move slowly; unlike the microswitch of a keyboard button that simply toggles on and off. There is no advantage here for the xbox controller - they are literally equal.

deashkiin: while the mouse is way better for aiming. Both things can even be minimized by experience/practice
    ME: you admit that a mouse is the better option for aiming - my whole post is in deffense of this fact, which you agree upon, so what is the argument? you spent a portion of your deffense negating this fact only to agree yourself later in your post. You can indeed get better with a controller, I'm pretty decent myself on call of duty for example but this is an ignorant claim, im sorry.

deashkiin: I feel like twitch aiming is even less important than normal (specially without actual crosshairs) and given that the controller is also better for steering and canon aiming, things even out.

ME: I partly agree, this game is not twitchy, but on a mouse you are still able to spin around and have greater situational awareness. The controller has a hard cap that is coded into the game so we have a limit on how fast we can turn, which is considerably slower than a mouse. Fun fact... set the ingame sensativity on the lowest setting on xbox and it actually takes 12 whole seconds to do a fulll 360. This is crazy, noody would ever play like that so RARE have indeed set the bar too low and the higher end as a result is slower.

@ods7-117 said in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

I play on both pc and console and I prefer console and that's my opinion and choice. I've been playing the alpha/beta for awhile and never had a problem where I felt at a disadvantage using a controller. My record is almost spotless. The only time I feel at a disadvantage is when the blunder buster doesn't work. You know when there is a fat guy on a wheel and you climb the ship and basically put the blunder buster in his back and he doesn't die. That's the only problem I run into when pvping. I've played against a lot of pc players and I beat many of them. So I think cross play is find.

Maybe you do not feel the disadvantage, and im happy for you, but when you are shot with near 100% accuracy from a pc player you'll feel it and feel cheated. Because this game is so slow ie: actually player speed is slow it amplifies how fast a mouse can get a lead on you and hit you. Your record is spotless? Elaborate? I guarantee you if you duel a pc player in open combat with any ranged weapon you will die more than yu win, i promsie you, infact i want to see some solid tests on this by th player base.

@deashkiin said in [Mega Thread] - Play Anywhere, Cross Play and Balancing. (Part 2):

@gareeet Mouse and keyboard should never be supported imo, it just creates an unfair advantage in other more competitive games

If this is not the smoking gun I don't know what is! You are admitting that KBM creates an unfair advantage in OTHER games that are competetive, excuse me? So because a game is not competetive then it doesnt matter? Either way, (and again i might add) you are supporting my original post.
    Why do poeple complain in COD when users play with a XIM4? Because its unfair right? Its superior, twitch or no twitch the underlying process remains, KBM can get on target faster and look around faster - thats no different in this game. If i can get on you and train on you faster than you can on me, then I win right? I believe so. The fact that its a valid claim in one game and not another astonishes me. FOrget leaderboards, forget K/D ratois. Sea f thieves IScompetetive because guess what? the players are, the fact that there is no ranking does not change the fact that people will feel cheated when bested by a superior aiming system.
    Heres my logic, you have one platform so one controller type should exist OR both should exist. You have a cross platform game so again both options should exist for players to freely choose being restricted is not the answer and just causes contention within the ocmmunity.

@return-if-found There isn't even much consequence for dying like that though. Me sinking your ship however...

I do agree there is still some advantage (small, very small) overall towards PC, hence the aim assist suggestion. Specially now with the sword lock gone and not having an option (can see some more casual controller users having a difficulty with this). However there's other areas where the controller wins. M+Kb is not better at everything as some try to say, and if you can control where/how you're fighting you can easily win.

Edit: No need to start being condescending cause you can't argue "buddy". And no, it doesn't need to be nor would most console users use it as it's not the product's purpose. Again, I'm on PC playing on a TV - won't use M+Kb. Also there's other games to consider when supporting at a system level so that just won't happen anytime soon. And if it did it would be a big mistake on their part. See the big picture

What are the areas where a controller user wins? aiming a cannon? on Pc you can pick up your controller (if you have one) and be at no disadvantage but when shooting you can switch back over to KBM, yet another +1 for pc users.

M+Kb is not better at everything as some try to say, and if you can control where/how you're fighting you can easily win.
    deashkiin: M+Kb is not better at everything as some try to say, and if you can control where/how you're fighting you can easily win.

Me: This is a rediculous thing to say, a player cannot pick and choose where to fight, often the fight finds the player. Please give me an example of how a player can "easily win" vs another in tis way? You areseriously saying that if, and only IF a player on a controller can contol and choose where he fights he wins? WHat about where he does not? The fact you have to describe a fantasy scenario that benefits the controller user is laughable.

Elitist jerks that need to have a kb/mouse advantage can go stuff themselves. Sometimes we'll play kb/mouse on our desktop gaming system, and sometimes we'll kick back and play with a controller on the couch on our 82" hdtv. SOT plays perfectly on a controller, and rare has stated several times they want a level playing field.

Sounds like you just want an advantage over the console players to me.

Even if he wanted an advantage (and who'd blame him). Your supporting the fact that there is an advantage lol. Nobody is arguing that the controls are buggy or otherwise bad. I fund them comfortable and intuitive, BUT the problem is, the sensitivity is too low and it is a less precise pointing device when it comes to shooting.

This is quite logical to me. If you are mixing platforms then every player should have the choice of using the input devices of the platforms involved, if this cannot be done then there should be a toggle for people to opt out. As I've said previously, GOW4 has it, rocket league has it. The developers recognise that there is balance issue.
    Many shooters have auto aim to compensate the inferior tracking of a controller. A game doesn't need to be competitive in nature for gamers to be competitive in it. They will, because they want to win, because they are gamers! And when you add in PVP and the fact that your hard work can be undone and you can loose then there will be a sense of loss. Even if the reward is cosmetic, somebody has still lost out, so you better believe peple will be competetive.
    On this note alone it warrents the develpers to create an even playing field for all. It is their responsability to, and ofcourse they are trying (which is good and decent of them) BUT they are actually failing a portion of the community. I know they know aout this balance issue, it would have been impossible for them to miss this way before this game ever got into the public hands or so I would like to believe.

I suspect that once enough stats get out there the devs will address this issue just they have with every other issue thats gotten enough attention, and rightly so. And once the PC elitist crews get on, and they will you will see a lot more people complain about the divide between the input options.
    I'll keep my argument centered around the input devices but cast them aside and pc actually has so many more advantages over consoles.
    60 frames per second? Better hardware? 3rd party macros? Hacks? push toggle communication? the devide grows.

For fun just look at this youtube video,

pc player, he is running around the skelly fort like hes paying call of duty, fast, twitchy, and insane tracking and targeting, do this on a controller chaps.

also he can turn on a dime while running, do this on a controller and you run in a small arc...

aaaand... heres an xbox player

yes there can be individual skill gap, but just look at the movement differences, night and day difference... slow, clumsy and bad tracking on targets

(sorry in advance if your not allowed to link videos

• @holyskin
    That video just proves everything, easier movement, better stability, better aim. There is no debate in regards to which one is better. The superior aiming device, or a slow, clunky controller with a SLIGHT edge in movement.

The difffrence is these videos is black and white, one looks more confident and precise like a Japanese samurai calculating strikes, and the other is like the chopped, tied up bamboo that samurai is using to practice on.

• My crew was PC in the final beta. Though we didn't take the time to ask other crews what their platform was (save for that one guy that joined our crew when we were one short), some vessels were much easier to take on than others (regardless if sloop or galleon). I know my crew would support the option for the xbox platform to opt out of cross-play. Not because we don't enjoy boarding / sinking your ships because ... well we know its not fair. All that said, the easiest ships to sink had no man in the crows nest. Doesn't matter the gaming platform. Regardless of what most of the crew is doing, if no one is watching the ship, for attacking npc or player, its vulnerable and your chances for it sinking sky rocket.

Aufrufe
1 von 213