Merchant voyage broke

• So apparently there’s a bug in the merchant ship voyage where you get the book and then boom the voyage finishes. I know for the fact that’s not right. Has anyone else had the same issue.

Aufrufe
  • The voyage always ends when you pick up the book. So you want to make sure you use the key first before looking for the manifest.

• @abjectarity

Oh okay I didn’t even know that so voyage has been fixed.

• @elitereactor159 the ship despawns randomly even if you have the key, its unpredictable

• @aut0-pii0t

This game needs a lot of work done to it to get it to high standards and that voyage is the best voyage out there for merchants. Something needs to be done about it.

• @elitereactor159 Yeah its been broken since it came out, despawns have been happening less since then but it's still a problem

• @aut0-pii0t

Yeah and also my mate who I use to have game with had problems with lag at the sea forts and when he died it kicks him out of the game. He’s always active when he’s been playing it.

• I've heard all different claims about it from "the cabin won't open when you grab the book" to "the barrels lock when you grab the book"

I don't think the cabin part is true, but there's no reason not to bring the key down first.

• @elitereactor159 said in Merchant voyage broke:

So apparently there’s a bug in the merchant ship voyage where you get the book and then boom the voyage finishes. I know for the fact that’s not right. Has anyone else had the same issue.

That's not a bug - the quest is to retrieve the manifest, not the cargo.

I've never had it affect anything. I can still unlock the cabin and loot the wreck afterwards, so I've never seen it as an issue at all.

@scheneighnay said in Merchant voyage broke:

I've heard all different claims about it from "the cabin won't open when you grab the book" to "the barrels lock when you grab the book"

I don't think the cabin part is true, but there's no reason not to bring the key down first.

I've definitely unlocked cabins after taking the manifest. One thing I have seen, though, is other people's wrecks spawning near mine. Those had me confused for a second, until I checked the ship name. My own wrecks were correctly spawned very close by, and I could open them as expected.

• @eldritchbear

I think Rare does need to do something about it because before we got the book we didn’t see the key.

• @elitereactor159 said in Merchant voyage broke:

@eldritchbear

I think Rare does need to do something about it because before we got the book we didn’t see the key.

One potential problem is that sometimes the key doesn't seem to sparkle. This makes it very difficult to spot, especially when it's floating in the wreckage, but also if it's on an island. I've lost wrecks to server merges, but I've never had a voyage where I couldn't find the key.

The wreck is at the end. If you get there without having found the key, the best thing to do is leave the wreck alone and check the clues again.

• @eldritchbear
    @scheneighnay said in Merchant voyage broke:

I've heard all different claims about it from "the cabin won't open when you grab the book" to "the barrels lock when you grab the book"

I've definitely unlocked cabins after taking the manifest.

Yeah I’ve heard this too, but not experienced it. But what I have experienced is it impacting the commendation. Once the voyage is over, if I used the key I didn’t get a +1 to the Cabin Fever commendation

• @eldritchbear

Server merges is another problem because it freezes your character and you can’t move and inch and it happens when trying fix your ship.

Aufrufe
11 von 13