Sea Dog Gambler's Den

• Just a thought:
    The old sea-dog tavern area at the center of the map. Let's open the inside of the tavern, and make it a pirate gambler's den.

Bring your loot, and stash it with the house. (You get full-credit, but no emissary bonuses with it.) Then, pirates can take their ship to the gambler's house and wager with what they have at the house. Liars dice, card games, etc. We've seen examples at the taverns in the game that these gambling games exist. All winnings and losses come from hour house stash, not your regular doubloons.

Your money is SAFE in the sea dog tavern, but is separate from your gold stash. To add to your coins, you have to "cash out" at which point you are given an item, say a "Cash-out box" that has to be traded in with an Tavern Keeper at one of the regular outposts.

Aufrufe
  • Literaly everyone wants something to happen at the sea dogs tavern. I personally think that it would be neat to become a hunter’s lodge for the hunters call. But I still LOVE your idea

• I like the idea of there being pari mutuel betting on Hourglass matches. You can look at ship stats and place bets and there will be a running board and then everyone watches a replay of the match.

• @lordqulex said in Sea Dog Gambler's Den:

I like the idea of there being pari mutuel betting on Hourglass matches. You can look at ship stats and place bets and there will be a running board and then everyone watches a replay of the match.

Who knows? I've put up the general shell. There's any number of things that can be added to it. Hourglass bets, jumping puzzle races, fighting pits, etc.

• @tybald said in Sea Dog Gambler's Den:

@lordqulex said in Sea Dog Gambler's Den:

I like the idea of there being pari mutuel betting on Hourglass matches. You can look at ship stats and place bets and there will be a running board and then everyone watches a replay of the match.

Who knows? I've put up the general shell. There's any number of things that can be added to it. Hourglass bets, jumping puzzle races, fighting pits, etc.

Frankly, this is desperately needed.

Rare likes to talk about how emotes and tables and interactable scenery and sea forts were designed for role players but they're not used for that. I understand this is a PVEVP sandbox and I like it, but when their advertisement focuses on friendly pirate interactions and sharing a grog in the tavern and having fun you need to give them a place to do it! What is Lesedi up to anyway? Amaranta's gone, DeMarco's gone, theoretically Lesedi is the only Sea Dog left so she owns the place.

Unless the Sovereigns/Grand Maritime Union roll in a few galleons and try to take control of it or something.

• @lordqulex

I've tried to create a balance. In General, the den should be relatively safe. Treasure should be relatively easy to offload/stash there (say Sovereign level safety efficiency). Other than creating chaos, the inside of the den has no purpose for PVP, as there's no treasure in there. On the other hand, the gold stash is also "useless" in that it can only be used for gambling. To make use of the gold (even to purchase gamblers den cosmetics) you have to use "real gold" which can only be done by cashing out, and doing an outpost run, and hope you don't get robbed while doing so.

• Rare cant add gambling to sea of thieves because it would change the games rating

• I think Rare can’t add gambling due to age rating on the game. Correct me if I’m wrong but adding thinks like smoking and gambling onto the alcohol consumption which is already in the game would bump the age bracket up a notch.

• @peteloaf777

Ouch, apparently "gambling" is an automatic "Pegi 18" which just seems odd to me.

Aufrufe
8 von 9