NEW MEGALODON MECHANICS(lost a shrouded due to this)

• Hear Ye Hear Ye here is how rare will screw you out of a shrouded ghost. Megs run now; let me explain by telling you a tale. Yesterday I was on the west side of Old Faithful going south when a meg spawned. I thought it was a shadow maw but looking past the fog behold a shrouded ghost in night mode(I was unaware if the different music that is played). When I realized I went just outside of the music but quickly turned around and the music began playing again. I saw the meg, anchored and proceeded to shoot is 5 times with a sniper off my bow. But what's this? It wasn't engaging me at all. It was just sitting in the water. I raised my anchor and went towards it when it started to move. But it wasn't coming toward me it was going away. The meg went father and farther away. I hit it with several cannon shots but the meg did nothing. Finally I heard the attack music but instead of actually attacking me it DISAPEARED. Gone, vanished, evaporated, faded into the sea. I sailed for multiple minutes around where it disappeared but it never came back. Is this another glitch from Rare or intentional game design?! Let me know Rare because I am fuming since I was cheated out of a shrouded ghost. ALL PLAYERS BE WARNED

Aufrufe
  • @bigman5125 This isn't new. Megalodons have always been able to do this. It sucks to lose a Shouded to it.

• You likely found someone else's meg

Stealing a meg now is different, more difficult, they stay attached to their original target. Meaning you can trigger it, it might attack you, but it stays interested in the original target even if the original target is gone.

I steal megs and it's much more difficult, it requires quick clutch shots as the meg will do their own thing before bouncing now.

Megs get buggy around land, that's part of the reason they were nerfed in the first place (even though I don't think they should have been)

I wouldn't change them. Buggy is better than rare, inconsistent activity is better than inconsistent spawning.

The immersion is also much better when unpredictable in pattern, having a meg that moves unpredictably and might just leave and escape is higher quality immersion.

Aufrufe
2 von 3