Xbox vs Pc

• I want aim assist. Xbox players have ZERO chance against pc when it comes to gunplay. Xbox servers are sweaty af and all dead, and pc servers have 50 50 chance of having sweaty double gun pc tryhards with no life who kill you instant. Can't do anything on xbox against these guys, they have every single advantage known to gaming. Aiming cannons is easier, aiming guns is easier, swinging swords is easier, moving around and jumping is easier, connection is better, everything on xbox is against you. I'm not buying a thousand dollar gaming pc to play only this game on it, so please add aim assist buckos. Don't make it absurdly powerful like in cod warzone, made it so we don't get spat on because analog aiming is nearly impossible. Thank you.

Aufrufe
    xbox onewindows 10feedback
  • Some skilled xbox players out there.

A majority of this game's population aren't competitive and skilled shooters. Just because a ship or two on a server sometimes are highly skilled doesn't mean the game is filled with high skill shooters or even people that are interested in it. Most people on most servers are rarely shooting any pirates unless it's defending themselves or taking advantage of a lucky draw of happenstance.

The skilled players are gonna defeat a majority of the crews they face no matter the hardware or scenario, that's the massive skill gap in the game. A lot of them also roll 3 or 4 deep which is massive overkill on a large majority of any random servers within the game. That's just how it goes in a game like this.

Xbox players just gotta do what most gotta do. Don't stack, play efficiently, win some and lose some.

• @aiduin-thuri sagte in Xbox vs Pc:

I want aim assist. Xbox players have ZERO chance against pc when it comes to gunplay. Xbox servers are sweaty af and all dead, and pc servers have 50 50 chance of having sweaty double gun pc tryhards with no life who kill you instant. Can't do anything on xbox against these guys, they have every single advantage known to gaming. Aiming cannons is easier, aiming guns is easier, swinging swords is easier, moving around and jumping is easier, connection is better, everything on xbox is against you. I'm not buying a thousand dollar gaming pc to play only this game on it, so please add aim assist buckos. Don't make it absurdly powerful like in cod warzone, made it so we don't get spat on because analog aiming is nearly impossible. Thank you.

The ONLY ADVANTAGE PC players have, is when it comes to man on man fights...as long as you keep them off your ship they have no advantage at all...
    Your "cannon aiming easier" is totally wrong...both equal in pure shipfights

XBox player here playing on crossplay server only since beta

Edit: "move around and jumping is easier"...that's just 🤦

• @aiduin-thuri
    I can agree that people playing on a PC have an advantage with aiming, but that's also the reason why Xbox-only servers exist. If you get sunk there, then it's just an issue with skill and practice. Keep playing and eventually, you'll be as good as them. The people who double gun on PC would be just as deadly with a controller. Just having a mouse, doesn't instantly make your aim better, it still takes a lot of practice.
    If you really believe a mouse and keyboard would make everything easier, plug those into your Xbox and see how much of a difference it makes.

• @schwammlgott said:

But not at the wheel! 😉

• @galactic-geek sagte in Xbox vs Pc:

@schwammlgott said:

But not at the wheel! 😉

You mean on the wheel it's easier on xbox, due to the vibration? Or what do you mean?

• @schwammlgott said in Xbox vs Pc:

@galactic-geek sagte in Xbox vs Pc:

@schwammlgott said:

But not at the wheel! 😉

You mean on the wheel it's easier on xbox, due to the vibration? Or what do you mean?

It's more refined and easier to turn on Xbox - you have more control. PC it's 2 keys, but on controller, it's a joystick with a tilt. We controller pirates can adjust the rate we turn the wheel; PC pirates don't have that option.

• @galactic-geek sagte in Xbox vs Pc:

@schwammlgott said in Xbox vs Pc:

@galactic-geek sagte in Xbox vs Pc:

@schwammlgott said:

But not at the wheel! 😉

It's more refined and easier to turn on Xbox - you have more control. PC it's 2 keys, but on controller, it's a joystick with a tilt.

Ok...didn't know that...just tried a bit on a pc, but never used the wheel there...

Aaaaand fishing is much easier on XBox/with controller 😬

• As someone who has played both console and pc, and with and against others on mixed servers, that is just not the case. Skill is skill, I recognize it when I see it, I'm decent, but I still get rolled

• Xbox player here. I sometimes play on Xbox servers, sometimes on PC servers. I choose Xbox when I want a more laid-back experience, and PC when I want more thrill and/or someone in my crew is playing on PC.

If you're looking for thrills but feel you're at a disadvantage, I think you should try to read the skill of the opponent while you still have a way out. You can often tell if someone knows what they're doing from a distance, based on their maneuvers and shooting attempts (was that cannonball even remotely well aimed? does it look like they know how to handle the sails, use the wind or geography to their advantage? did they approach you from an angle where you'll have a tougher time getting away? are they trying to board you? how are they trying to do that?).

Then again if you'd rather be looking for a fight at every chance, it's a tough one. Aiming on PC is way too fast, to the point of feeling irreal, and absurdly easy—to the detriment of comfort to my taste. But that's precisely why I wouldn't want an aid with the controller. The mouse already feels like an aid and that's why I don't like it. Giving that option to controllers would mean not being able to find a balanced experience even on the Xbox servers.

• @aiduin-thuri said in Xbox vs Pc:

I want aim assist. Xbox players have ZERO chance against pc when it comes to gunplay. Xbox servers are sweaty af and all dead, and pc servers have 50 50 chance of having sweaty double gun pc tryhards with no life who kill you instant. Can't do anything on xbox against these guys, they have every single advantage known to gaming. Aiming cannons is easier, aiming guns is easier, swinging swords is easier, moving around and jumping is easier, connection is better, everything on xbox is against you. I'm not buying a thousand dollar gaming pc to play only this game on it, so please add aim assist buckos. Don't make it absurdly powerful like in cod warzone, made it so we don't get spat on because analog aiming is nearly impossible. Thank you.

It sucks. But you just gotta do what the rest of us do, and play on Xbox only servers.
    One bunny hopping PC boarder can take most Xbox crews down. It’s absurd. Just play with Xbox mates. Or a majority PC crew.

• Xbox has dedicated servers?

• @treefittymonsta said in Xbox vs Pc:

Xbox has dedicated servers?

Xbox "preferred" servers to be specific, meaning that if there aren't enough local Xbox players on the servers then you can still be connected to crossplay servers

• Xbox players have ZERO chance against pc when it comes to gunplay

Prefer Xbox.
    Done and done.

• @mintharp184509 said in Xbox vs Pc:

I read through literally almost all of the replies and no one will touch the phrase “aim assist” with 10 ft stick.

Yes this game would benefit from adding a lightweight aim assist that simply slows down your sens as you aim over an actual target be it player or PvE.

Why would it benefit from a lightweight aim assist?

Because this game has high movement speed, unlimited sprint and unlimited jump.

Because anybody who actually plays this game on controller will tell you it’s laughably hard to shoot people in this game that never stop moving/jumping.

I grew up on Call of Duty and God how much better that franchises games feel when played on controller. The response curves are better on CoD with actual useable acceleration. There is aim assist in CoD. Overall the gunplay just feels light years ahead of SoT. Players are constantly missing shots in SoT because they have no aim assist.

The developers are great at PvE and environment but literally the worst when it comes to a fair and balanced multiplayer experience. And I mean the worst.

Sure but since Xbox and PC are cross play and not completely separate, they would need to make the aim assist be an option AND it be across all platforms. That or it disables when you are not on Xbox preferred servers.

I read through literally almost all of the replies and no one will touch the phrase “aim assist” with 10 ft stick.

Yes this game would benefit from adding a lightweight aim assist that simply slows down your sens as you aim over an actual target be it player or PvE.

Because anybody who actually plays this game on controller will tell you it’s laughably hard to shoot people in this game that never stop moving/jumping.

I grew up on Call of Duty and God how much better that franchises games feel when played on controller. The response curves are better on CoD with actual useable acceleration. There is aim assist in CoD. Overall the gunplay just feels light years ahead of SoT. Players are constantly missing shots in SoT because they have no aim assist.

The developers are great at PvE and environment but literally the worst when it comes to a fair and balanced multiplayer experience. And I mean the worst.

You don't need aim assist, IMO. You just need to aim ahead of your target if they're moving. As long as you can see your opponent, as well as the direction they're moving, simply aim ahead of them, and fire as they cross your aim. If they're jumping simply aim at where they're going to land and shoot as they fall into your aim. It's actually quite easy.

@galactic-geek said in Xbox vs Pc:

@mintharp184509 said in Xbox vs Pc:

You don't need aim assist, IMO. You just need to aim ahead of your target if they're moving. As long as you can see your opponent, as well as the direction they're moving, simply aim ahead of them, and fire as they cross your aim. If they're jumping simply aim at where they're going to land and shoot as they fall into your aim. It's actually quite easy.

Galactic thanks so much for telling me that. I am aware of how to lead my shots in this game which suffers from server - client desync. I still think the game would benefit as any console multiplayer FPS would benefit with a lightweight aim assist to help players connect shots especially those in very close quarters like deck fighting.

I know in your eyes SoT is a perfect flawless gem that cannot be criticized but if just about every other console FPS includes a form of aim assist I’m sure there’s a reason why that is so.

IMO, having an aim assist that keeps your aim on target would be too OP.

Galactic thanks so much for telling me that. I am aware of how to lead my shots in this game which suffers from server - client desync. I still think the game would benefit as any console multiplayer FPS would benefit with a lightweight aim assist to help players connect shots especially those in very close quarters like deck fighting.

I know in your eyes SoT is a perfect flawless gem that cannot be criticized but if just about every other console FPS includes a form of aim assist I’m sure there’s a reason why that is so.

I agree. It shouldn’t be a Rockstar 3rd person aim assist that snaps to targets and follows them.

It should simply slow down your sens when you are aiming at a target.

That is still OP. It doesn't just make it easier to shoot; it gives you more time to shoot, which is a huge advantage. Hit-reg aside, timing is a huge aspect of how this game works.

I agree. It shouldn’t be a Rockstar 3rd person aim assist that snaps to targets and follows them.

That is still OP.

It’s not OP you are drawing a conclusion before even trying it. The goal is to lower the skill gap and make the gunplay in this cartoon pirate game a little bit easier for those on controller. There’s literally nothing wrong with that.

Before trying it? I have played shooters for over 20+ years - Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake, Unreal, 007, Perfect Dark, Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Timesplitters, Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Atar Wars Battlefront, PUBG, Fortnite... The list goes on. I think I get how it would work in the context of this game.

...and there is a problem with that - just think of the balance from the weapons you're using! A blunderbuss that needs all of its pellets to hit for an instant kill just became virtually guaranteed (moreso than it already is); and the EoR while zoomed in? Pff! Child's play at long range. The flintlock? Why aim at all as long as you're within that zone of proximal hit location? Even the sword!

That is still OP.

It’s not OP you are drawing a conclusion before even trying it. The goal is to lower the skill gap and make the gunplay in this cartoon pirate game a little bit easier for those on controller. There’s literally nothing wrong with that.

Before trying it? I have played shooters for over 20+ years - Doom, Wolfensteun, Quake, Unreal, 007, Perfect Dark, Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield, PUBG, Fortnite... The list goes on. I think I get how it would work in the context of this game.

...and there is a problem with that - just thi k of the weapons you're using! A blunderbuss that needs all of its pellets to hit for an instant kill just became virtually guaranteed (moreso than it already is); and the EoR while zoomed in? Pff! Child's play at long range. The flintlock? Why aim at all as long as you're within that zone of proximal hit location?

Every single one of those shooters you mentioned is leaps and bounds better than the simplistic garbage gunplay found in SoT where your bullets may or may not count.

And honestly why am I even here you know everything and you are my God how could I argue with you. Let me delete.

I'm not saying it can't be better; but I'm also saying that this isn't the answer that you're looking for.

EDIT: We gotta stop requoting... 😅

@aiduin-thuri sagte in Xbox vs Pc:

The ONLY ADVANTAGE PC players have, is when it comes to man on man fights...as long as you keep them off your ship they have no advantage at all...

XBox player here playing on crossplay server only since beta

Edit: "move around and jumping is easier"...that's just 🤦

PC movement is definitely a cut above basic Xbox controller movement. Now, if the Xbox player has an Elite controller its a different story, it then boils down to how well the Xbox player can handle high sensitivity.

• @bieltan as I said, the advantage is just on man on man fights...don’t let them on your ship and the advantage doesn't exist

• Nah, you guys got your xbox servers, deal with it. No matter how sweaty they are, you are on equal ground as you guys requested, so quit making excuses and complaining that everybody got advantages/have no life/whatever, bucko.

• My crew are a mix of PC with a mouse, PC with a controller, and Xbox. The pirate with a mouse tends to do better with guns, the two of us with controllers tend to do better with both steering and cannons.

It's fine as it is.

• Instead of buying a PC, why not buy a keyboard & mouse? I learned to play K&M on this game and only use it for this game.

Cheers, good luck !

@bieltan as I said, the advantage is just on man on man fights...don’t let them on your ship and the advantage doesn't exist

Aye, I was more referencing the other guys point about moving/jumping as that does hold true. Unless you have an elite, you cant adjust aim as you jump like you can with M&K

• @bieltan sagte in Xbox vs Pc:

@bieltan as I said, the advantage is just on man on man fights...don’t let them on your ship and the advantage doesn't exist

Aye, I was more referencing the other guys point about moving/jumping as that does hold true. Unless you have an elite, you cant adjust aim as you jump like you can with M&K

I have an elite, but the sensitivity is the same as the regular controllers...the good thing with that controller is, that you can put jumping on the paddles on the back, so you can aim and jump at the same time

@bieltan sagte in Xbox vs Pc:

I have an elite, but the sensitivity is the same as the regular controllers...the good thing with that controller is, that you can put jumping on the paddles on the back, so you can aim and jump at the same time

Aye thats what I'm saying. You can jack up your look sensitivity for the right stick in game, you might not be able to snap round quite like an MnK player can, but you can compete. Not everyones gonna spurt £150 on a controller mind you 😂 which is why the point of "moving and jumping is easier on PC" is actually a fair point.

I too have an Elite and when I end up in combat in controller only lobbies, its painfully apparent most folks are on standard controllers. Hell, a lot are on default sensitivity too 😬

@bieltan sagte in Xbox vs Pc:

Aye thats what I'm saying. You can jack up your look sensitivity for the right stick in game, you might not be able to snap round quite like an MnK player can, but you can compete. Not everyones gonna spurt £150 on a controller mind you 😂 which is why the point of "moving and jumping is easier on PC" is actually a fair point.

I too have an Elite and when I end up in combat in controller only lobbies, its painfully apparent most folks are on standard controllers. Hell, a lot are on default sensitivity too 😬

What are you talking about? Again...Highest sensitivity on regular controller is the same as on elite controller

• @schwammlgott dropping the quotes before we end up with a string of vertical letters lol.

I think we are both misunderstanding each other here lol, I wasnt trying to say that Elites have higher sensitivity than standards, I know thats an in-game setting. My point was the paddles allow you to keep control of the right stick at all times which does indeed make movement and jumping easier in a similar way to MnK.

Btw if we misunderstand one another again, are we honour-bound to say rude things about our respective mothers until the mods drop an anchor on our heads?

• Pc doesn't have every advantage. You can row better on xbox

• @aiduin-thuri said in Xbox vs Pc:

I want aim assist. Xbox players have ZERO chance against pc when it comes to gunplay.

WRONG!!! I have played sea of thieves on Xbox for 2 years and the way I got better is just by trying harder.
    Not only that but It was so much easier aiming cannons on Xbox than PC. I will agree that aiming is a lot easier on PC than Xbox, The way I worked around that was just lowering my sense.

In conclusion, Lower your sense, aim your shots, and stop acting as if the game is against you.

@schwammlgott dropping the quotes before we end up with a string of vertical letters lol.

I think we are both misunderstanding each other here lol, I wasnt trying to say that Elites have higher sensitivity than standards, I know thats an in-game setting. My point was the paddles allow you to keep control of the right stick at all times which does indeed make movement and jumping easier in a similar way to MnK.

Btw if we misunderstand one another again, are we honour-bound to say rude things about our respective mothers until the mods drop an anchor on our heads?

I guess we keep the rude things in pm, people still want to discuss in the threads 😜

• You don't need an elite controller to make moving and jumping easier, just re-map the buttons.

Right stick in - Primary interact
    X - Throwables
    RB - Jump
    A - Map radial
    Right DPad - Food

Never need to take your thumb off in combat, makes life 10x easier.

I play controller on cross-play servers, aiming guns can be a challenge but I hold my own in the vast majority of fights. I have sensitivity near max to eliminate the controller turn speed, takes some getting used to but it's great when you get comfortable with it.

Aufrufe
xbox onewindows 10feedback
1 von 38