World suggestions: Natural Disaster events

• Disaster #1: Massive Maelstrom - Giant whirlpool that slowly swirl-spawns with thunder and rain (much like At World's End Calypso)

Disaster #2: Giant Tornadoes - Water Tornadoes that sucks up your ship and rains it down when they despawn. Tornadoes are roughly the size of Smuggler's Bay and they all travel in random direction.

Disaster #3: Tsunami - Giant tsunami wave roughly the size of 2 Smuggler's Bay islands spawns in that has a chance of sinking ships that sail in it's moving path.

Aufrufe
    feedback
  • the storm serves its purpose which is to break up the monotony of sailing and contributes to spicing up a variety of scenarios but that can easily be over done

adding more significant happenings will just get more complaints from pvers and pvpers and will take away from the calm which is just as important as the chaos

• I love all of these suggestions. These could be world changing events that happen for a limited time. Each one could impact and alter the world in a specific way, such as blowing debris all over the place or washing shipwrecks a shore. You could even restructure islands, by having the wind reveal new caves or hidden vaults that had been buried away. The hard part is how do you do it without impacting existing tall tales and other world events?! It would have to alter islands in a way that still makes the other events possible.

• i like it! but it needs bigger world

• yes to all...the shock factor of natural disasters could be a cool timed events why not!

• When the game was released, I wrote a similar subject, that of a maelstrom that could appear and if we were absorbed teleported us randomly on the map, this would allow us to escape being tracked by another player . or to avoid having to cross the map to reach a distant point, the result of this maelstrom would be damage to the ship after the teleportation, then with the graphics of the game there is a way to be completely inside! :)

Aufrufe
feedback
1 von 6