More Shanties! :)

• I just thought I'd organise some threads about shanties into one thread for future reference or whatever, as well as adding a few requests of my own (see down below):

For my shanty requests, here is my favourite compilation of shanties so you guys can listen to them (please do tell which of them you guys like!). There are so many of them, and they're great:

And lastly, I'd like to specifically list Wellerman as my favourite shanty! Here's a lyric video for y'all:

EDIT - The guys who uploaded my favourite compilation also did another good one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR6TvpuRR0k), and besides those two, here is also a playlist of compilations containing many more sea shanties and some folk music and sea songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CykdTd-WsE&list=PL3KMj_NgL9PXb9dPf3vaGFsnLalUuD3he&index=18. I don't like all of them, but there are plenty of good ones. Maybe some will strike your fancy. :)

Aufrufe
    communityjust for funfeedback
  • @hotklou9848 There's a lot of pirate bands who i love to listen to while ingame! I think it'd be cool if Rare would add a significant amount of the pirate communitys' shanties to Sot. It's very unrealistic, but hey! A pirate can dream

• @el-spaniardchi said in More Shanties! :):

@hotklou9848 There's a lot of pirate bands who i love to listen to while ingame! I think it'd be cool if Rare would add a significant amount of the pirate communitys' shanties to Sot. It's very unrealistic, but hey! A pirate can dream

Oooh, I'd love to know more about these pirate bands!

• @hotklou9848 said in More Shanties! :):

@el-spaniardchi said in More Shanties! :):

@hotklou9848 There's a lot of pirate bands who i love to listen to while ingame! I think it'd be cool if Rare would add a significant amount of the pirate communitys' shanties to Sot. It's very unrealistic, but hey! A pirate can dream

The largest channel I listen to on YouTube would be A Pirate's Life. They basically post different pirate band's songs in exchange for advertising them and their Patreon e.t.c link to their channel

As far as individual pirate band's go, I like Stormfrun, Shipwrecked Rats, The Jolly Rogers, The Irish Rovers, Ye Banished Privateers, and The Captain's Beard. I don't like every song, but there's a lot I enjoy from these guys!

• @el-spaniardchi said in More Shanties! :):

@hotklou9848 said in More Shanties! :):

@el-spaniardchi said in More Shanties! :):

The largest channel I listen to on YouTube would be A Pirate's Life. They basically post different pirate band's songs in exchange for advertising them and their Patreon e.t.c link to their channel

As far as individual pirate band's go, I like Stormfrun, Shipwercked Rats, The Jolly Rogers, The Irish Rovers, Ye Banished Privateers, and The Captain's Beard. I don't like every song, but there's a lot I enjoy from these guys!

Thanks, I'll definitely check those out!

• @hotklou9848 No problem mate! Here's a link to my playlist if you're interested in checking out some songs I think are good. Playlist link

• honestly i shehidkshwjdjdjjajajddnbdhjsjsjfhfnds

• Ahoy maties!

As this thread was 7 months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Aufrufe
communityjust for funfeedback
5 von 8