Duel mechanic: Fight your friends!

• How do people feel about the idea of challenging your friends in a duel, removing friendly fire between two players until one of them becomes defeated?

This could be added in the form of an item... Say a glove? Which when used against another player, that player could accept or refuse the duel. Why do I think this would be a great addition?

• I want to practice sword fighting so that I am ready to fight other players when the time comes.
    • Fun activity to do when the wind is against you and you need to sail across the map!
    • I want to fight in dramatic locations, like on top of the sails.
    • While the sword combat system seem fairly robust on paper, most people just jump around swinging wildly. I believe being able to practice on their own terms would help a lot of players understand the mechanics of it.

Additional ways in which this could be implemented? A vote options in the crew menu (Where you send players to the brig), or a circle drawn in the sand at outpost which once entered would enable friendly fire.

Thoughts?

PS: Did you know that jumping while blocking makes your character perform a little dodge in the direction your are holding? This is much safer and better than trying to jump away mid-fight. No need to thank me!

Views
  • @verminpup
    How about an emote in a similar way as the friends one? It would as you stated just turn on friendly fire until one of you dies.

• @fishst1ck said in Duel mechanic: Fight your friends!:

@verminpup
    How about an emote in a similar way as the friends one? It would as you stated just turn on friendly fire until one of you dies.

This I think would work great.

• I guess it will be added with an update in a few months or so, no way they don't have this in mind.

• @verminpup said in Duel mechanic: Fight your friends!:

How do people feel about the idea of challenging your friends in a duel, removing friendly fire between two players until one of them becomes defeated?

This could be added in the form of an item... Say a glove? Which when used against another player, that player could accept or refuse the duel. Why do I think this would be a great addition?

• I want to practice sword fighting so that I am ready to fight other players when the time comes.
    • Fun activity to do when the wind is against you and you need to sail across the map!
    • I want to fight in dramatic locations, like on top of the sails.
    • While the sword combat system seem fairly robust on paper, most people just jump around swinging wildly. I believe being able to practice on their own terms would help a lot of players understand the mechanics of it.

Additional ways in which this could be implemented? A vote options in the crew menu (Where you send players to the brig), or a circle drawn in the sand at outpost which once entered would enable friendly fire.

Thoughts?

PS: Did you know that jumping while blocking makes your character perform a little dodge in the direction your are holding? This is much safer and better than trying to jump away mid-fight. No need to thank me!

I like finding friendly crews and challenging them to a duel until I die xD
    I tell them ill leave when they ask or when I die and that I dont want their treasure, just a chance to practice

• @fishst1ck said in Duel mechanic: Fight your friends!:

@verminpup

Works too. Now to drunk duel on the highest peaks.

Views
2 out of 6