Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - NOW FINISHED

• @taaaamas said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

I want to get hired for the general clothing shop on an outpost, any positions open?

Yes but you may get eaten by a shark!

• @rhaps0dy-sky said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

Will we ever see more ship skins representing other cultures? Like a ship skin that makes a ship look more like asian ships ?

We are working on new ships cosmetic all the time and played around with some great looks but want to make sure that when added they are part of the rich lore and history we are building....if we just had the right story of some type......👀

• @taaaamas said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

Will the Sea of the Damned become any more expansive than it is right now? Like hitching a rowboat off the ghost ship and finding places like those depicted in so many concept arts

I’d also love to adventure in the Sea of the Dammed but it would spilt the players between the worlds and I don’t think anyone wants to live in limbo forever. You never know there could be a way of bringing a little of the sea of the damned to the main sea when the time is right and the worlds align.

• @rhaps0dy-sky said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

Will we ever be able to replace the brig on our ship with a nice fishtank? :D

Have you seen the size of some of the fish! It would be so huge you could sell tickets to visit it!

• @tre-oni said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

I hope I haven't been lost in the shuffle, but I'll try again.

@tre-oni said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

Hey guys.

All I'm wondering is, will we ever get masks...?

Briggsy's mask looked like it would have been a perfect reward for completing the legendary comm for the Tale. It really seemed like a bit of a missed opportunity on a unique reward.

I'm hoping and wondering if in the future we might be able to start seeing masks introduced into the game in the eyepatch slot or something so we can wear something over our faces, and still do hats maybe?

@tre-oni said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

I lied, I asked my one, but I actually have a second. This is the only other thing I'm curious about..

What is the likelihood of our pirates properly displaying our equipped weapons. We've seen NPCs with eye of reach slung across their backs for example.

Is this something we can see make its way to player characters? Swords, on hip/on back, pistols on hip, blunderbuss/EoR on back for some examples?

Love the idea of masks and we've discussed it a lot, especially recently. There are some technical issues we'd need to overcome with different player sizes, but we're still investigating.

Showing the weapons on the character is extremely difficult with how varied body sizes are. We'd love to support this, but it would take a lot of investment of artists and engineers that could be spent on new features. Its a great example of something that should be simpler than it actually is unfortunately.

• @jkmiller123 said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

Hey, do you know if maybe in the future there’s a possibility where loot stolen can be sold for more or something along those lines to incentivize more pvp action within adventure?

Yes, exciting plans here. Not for the next few months but something very cool for players who want more PVP in Adventure!

• @justsaiyen93 said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

Have you guys thought about adding something like a battlepass for the Arena? Or even adding time limited cosmetics to the Arena?

We are definitely looking at more / wider progression options in Arena, beyond just improving the core experience.

• @captainbroly said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

Can pets go on our shoulder ?

Unfortunately not :(

This is part of the pirate fantasy, but it pains me to say that this was too complex with all the varied cosmetics and body sizes. Basically, the same reason you don't see weapons carried on your character.

• @mr-razamataz said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

Question for @MikeTheMutinous Have you ever thought about adding a pirate journal that maybe keeps track of all the lore books you find or updates when you complete an update/event?

Yes, we always called this the 'Pirate Journal' and we always wanted to make it in-world and immersive. Now we have the Tall Tales books, it would be much simpler to implement, however, no specific plans right now.

• @yelmurc said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

Are there any plans to add additional things to look for any explore under water? For instance pearl diving.

Yes!

• @joeismoe said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

As someone studying Computer Science, what should I focus on if I want to work in Game Design at Rare in the future? ;)

Fantastic! Hope you're enjoying your studies so far!

Get hold of one of the free game creation tools, such as Unity, Unreal or Gamemaker. Set yourself the goal of making simple games.

Rather than rushing straight into a new game idea, start by trying to recreate an old classic, like Pong, Space Invaders, Missile Command etc. At the very least, this will teach you about the thought process and complexity behind what drives those games. Once you have some confidence, try and put spins on those games, until eventually you start incorporating more of your original ideas.

Remember though, it's not coding skill we look for, its an understanding of what makes a game fun to play. It can often touch on the psychological side of what motivates and excites us as human beings. It's also not about just being the one with ideas, but rather someone who can think about how a system of ideas can work alongside each other to make an overall fun experience.

Try things, play games and keep going!

If I can do it, so can you! I'll be waiting for you! :D

• @krrybarker said in Live Q + A: Adventure with Joe Neate, Mike Chapman and Ryan Stevenson - Monday 2nd September 5pm BST:

Rare, mine and @KrlBarker (Gameaholik) 11yr old son Rhys loves SOT.

But he loves Turtles even more!

He has severe ADHD, learning disabilities & a melatonin deficiency.
    Turtles are his world, they calm him and help him through his difficulties.
    He has the biggest collection of turtle plushies, ornaments, posters, pillows, clothes you name it.
    Each and every one has it’s own name.
    He also has two of his very own living turtles called Tario & Tuigi (after Mario & Luigi)

He would love to see turtles feature in Sea of Thieves. He’s seen all the Turtle paintings around the map and would like to know if you have any plans in the future to add them to the game. He’d love his own Turtle figurehead to sail around with in the future.

Hi - sorry for missing this question earlier!
    I love your passion for turtles, Rhys, and I'm glad they are such a positive force for you. With regards your question, I'll ask @Scurvyson if we have any plans - or can make some - around a turtle figurehead. This is certainly something that would fit into our world. I can't promise, but we'll certainly have a chat about it and see if it's something we can work into future plans.

Views
350 out of 362