Release Notes Discussion 2.0.2

• Release Notes - 2.0.2

Our maintenance period isn't quite over yet, but the latest update to Sea of Thieves is is nearly here! Read our release notes to find out more about the fixes and quality of life improvements to the Anniversary Update that this build introduces.

Release Notes 2.0.2

alt text

LOOKING FOR CREW?

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

Views
  • Looks to be a pretty good update!
    Well done team!
    👏

• Player shadows will no longer be visible prior to a player respawning onto their ship.

Woohoo finally! 🎉

• Yip looking good to me... can't wait to jump in later.

• Looks good, but whats about the servers? Can we get any info about that? :(
    It is the most important issue since the anniversery update..

• Yay! Excited to sail the seas today :)

• @takuboto a dit dans Release Notes Discussion 2.0.2 :

Release Notes - 2.0.2

Our maintenance period isn't quite over yet, but latest update to Sea of Thieves is is nearly here! Read our release notes to find out more about the fixes and quality of life improvements to the Anniversary Update that this build introduces.

Release Notes 2.0.2

alt text

LOOKING FOR CREW?

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

still haven't listed/corrected the sword bug that appeared the 6 feburary of this year ? really ? the sword is not playable right now, the stun the sword should give is not here most of the time. please update us on this bug, i'm sick of openning tickets to support that are ignored even with proof

• The gold curse is now the same for everyone !! Really why ?!?!?! u should have just let us reroll it I really loved the way my curse looked :(

• @takuboto

Some really nice fixes here, especially the one about player shadows.

Can't wait to see the new gold curse, because mine only covered like a single spot on my pirate's model xD

As always, thanks for your diligence, Rare!

• @takuboto
    So the bucket fix and the shadow fix is pretty important i guess, everything else seems pretty trivial. Not that its not appreciated, but...
    How bout a crossplay update?

• The Shores of Gold’ – Resolved collision issues with a certain type of tree

This was a weird one, me matey @mr-dragon-raaar had half a body, I'm guessing it was this?

https://i.imgur.com/g30KQVV.jpg

Couldn't move, had no lower body. Had to quit & come back in.

• Thanks for the update. Might I suggest adding the "Crew Icon" from the Arean to Alliances in Adventure mode?

There have been countless requests for different colored nameplates and now that this functionality exists to a degree, it would be great to add the alliance flag or something to the characters nameplates so players can differentiate easily in group combat.

• Looks like another great list of fixes, but I looking more forward to the next update.

• Patch Notes said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.2:

Equipping bait to your fishing rod then leaving the Ferry of the Damned will no longer leave the bait floating in the doorway.

What? No more "grubs of the damned"?

• @takuboto nice sir captain

• Great Patch!

@takuboto said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.2:

Crew Icons in The ArenaPlayers will now see an icon alongside pirates' gamertags defining which crew they represent.

Could we get a small adjustment to Streamer Mode that keeps the Crew Icons but hides the Gamertags?

• @algaram4x said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.2:

The gold curse is now the same for everyone !! Really why ?!?!?! u should have just let us reroll it I really loved the way my curse looked :(

Definetly should have just added a wider variety of possible curses and let us reroll....

Listening to this type of feedback is why we cant have nice things in this game. Instead of letting the people with bad luck, either try their luck again on a reroll or next time there is a different rng cosmetic, and letting the lucky ones have something truly unique and meaningful, we now will all have the same meaningless cosmetics because a few people couldnt handle it and you guys listened to those people instead of sticking to your guns (here comes the “oh ya cranky keep asking for optional xplay then”, but anyone who is really aware of basic concepts and logic
    knows the huge difference)

Now nobodys curse is cool because the people who didnt get lucky enough made sure to cry about it, and your reaction was too quick and thoughtless imo rare. Why put the effort in to design multiple gold curses and then whenn you can use them, decide to not do so because of a player complaining that it isnt fair. This isnt pvp these are cosmetics lol.. beyond that even if you think it isnt fair either there are better solutions, and that had been posted like a week or 2 ago about rerolling the curse. Why not use feedback, its not like ruining this curse was a pressing issue that needed to be done by this patch lol... every single person ive talked to prefered it random... i swear its like you guys get trolled by feedback and it works or something. Same reason crossplay took so long to understand..

How hard is it to let us reroll by resetting that commendation in our menu or something and needing to repeat shores of gold one time to earn a reroll.

Really takes the wind out of my sails on repeating the few tales to earn the curse i have left, but ill probably still do it....

And to repeat, listening to this type of reactionary feedback is why we cant have nice things in this game apparently. Death tax mermaid spawn changes and many other things that rare needs to test on their own and with insiders (as they did with vengeance) before letting the belligerent masses of gold curse ruiners have their ruinius opinions taken into account. Lol.

• @takuboto gold curse looks the same on everybody - worst decision ever
    I was not completely happy with the looks of my curse before...but making it similar to everybody else is even worse

• I really love that food is placed in the pan differently now.
    But now my mate will never leave the kitchen again! I be cursed to a live of solitude at the helm of faithful Brünhild with only the sizzling sound of frying fish to keep me company. Woe is me.

• Cooking Pot Food Placement – We’ve spiced up the cooking pot with some visual variety, and food placed into the pot will no longer land in the same spot every time.

Now all I need is an apron and I'm just about ready to start my "Cooking on the high seas" youtube channel where I simply cook and fish and get overly excited about every thing I catch.

• As of today the "Fate of the Morning Star" TT is glitching out. When you dig up the Ferrymans Coffin it digs out only once, pops out the ground halfway, and lets you open it. But the lantern is just stuck in the ground.

• @xsyaoronx Ahoy matey!

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the Fate of the Morningstar quest at the moment, the team are aware and are investigating a fix.

• @TakuBoto

Where was this topic posted? I don’t see it under release notes discussion and if it wasn’t for the forum notification I got by following you, I would have completely missed this even now...

• @cyberguardian77 said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.2:

@TakuBoto

Where was this topic posted? I don’t see it under release notes discussion and if it wasn’t for the forum notification I got by following you, I would have completely missed this even now...

Atleast you still get the notifications... im halfway certain that some of rare just have me blocked at this point lol.... I mean i have said some critical things about their company a few times but it hasnt been completely unwarranted... id say my good ideas and actionable feedback for their product that they get for free, far outweighs my negative thoughts on their company. Either way the notifications dont work anymore for anything rare posts for me and i have double checked multiple times and am following multiple people from rare that i dont get notifications from.

• @a-cranky-eskimo a dit dans Release Notes Discussion 2.0.2 :

@cyberguardian77 said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.2:

@TakuBoto

Atleast you still get the notifications... im halfway certain that some of rare just have me blocked at this point lol.... I mean i have said some critical things about their company a few times but it hasnt been completely unwarranted... id say my good ideas and actionable feedback for their product that they get for free, far outweighs my negative thoughts on their company. Either way the notifications dont work anymore for anything rare posts for me and i have double checked multiple times and am following multiple people from rare that i dont get notifications from.

Lol don't worry, it's the same for me. I think that maybe they're preparing the threads in advance and making it them visible afterwards which doesn't give the notifications? Or maybe they were fed up with my instant upvotes on each topics ;P

• @jetorchidee97 said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.2:

@a-cranky-eskimo a dit dans Release Notes Discussion 2.0.2 :

@TakuBoto

Lol don't worry, it's the same for me. I think that maybe they're preparing the threads in advance and making it them visible afterwards which doesn't give the notifications? Or maybe they were fed up with my instant upvotes on each topics ;P

Ok haha, likely one of those reasons. You know me, always jumping to the worst possible conclusions lol..

@jetorchidee97 said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.2:

@TakuBoto

Ok haha, likely one of those reasons. You know me, always jumping to the worst possible conclusions lol..

Haha I hope so at least. Cheers matey!

• @jetorchidee97 said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0.2:

@TakuBoto

Well i mean, you are a pretty upstanding forum citizen especially in comparison so if it is doing the same for you surely it cant be the blocks. Lol.

@TakuBoto

Well i mean, you are a pretty upstanding forum citizen especially in comparison so if it is doing the same for you surely it cant be the blocks. Lol.

Am I? I've no idea about that but thank you Cranky, I love seeing your profile picture poping up in the recent list. I noticed it's now 3 years I'm subscribed to the forum, how the time goes by, it's quite something.

• @jetorchidee97 always glad to see you reply or post aswell! It has been quite the voyage hasnt it lol.. Sometimes the alpha feels like yesterday other times it could have been another life

@jetorchidee97 always glad to see you reply or post aswell! It has been quite the voyage hasnt it lol.. Sometimes the alpha feels like yesterday other times it could have been another life

Haha exactly! I think I'm going to drink a half pint to it!

Views
31 out of 32