Stuck in infinite black screen

• I'm on PC. Whenever I load in since the update I get stuck in black screen when the crew is fighting against the skeleton ships. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so, will Rare ever release an update that doesn't break a ton of stuff? Testing...what is that?

Views
  • @flying-poopla YES. I had this happen during my first skeleton ship fight. The game froze up and I had to force quit (Xbox).

I was unable to rejoin my crew for the duration of the fight (infinite black screen, I could hear them on coms and all the SFX of the game but never finished loading in). Allegedly my crew could see me on the ship as well.

As soon as they sunk, I was able to rejoin without issue.

Kind of a big deal for a cooperative event. :S

• @flying-poopla @Kyros-Darkbeard

I've heard of a grey or black screen on launching the game but not this, definitely one to submit a Support for I think, so the right team can take a look at it.

• Just had this happen last night to me as well. Thought it was my connection, sorry to hear it's a widespread issue (but at the same time glad to know it wasn't my fault, lol). Just like the other post, couldn't load back in until ship sank, until then black screen with voice chat, sound effects, and even controller vibrations. My crew could see my character in game as well, but nothing on my end.

• @katttruewalker Thanks. Support ticket raised with detailed repro steps and a link to this thread. :)

• When a long black screen with spinning wheel presents itself, I’ve found some common observations...

Black screen ppl can hear audio and controller shakes, game chat will usually be present, text chat will work and display for crews in game as well.

Sometimes a player who is black screening shows up in game but without clothing and stationary. Sometimes not at all.

What I’ve discovered that might help anyone experiencing this (which is common) - is to vote the black screening player to the brig. I’ve found success, say 3/5 times... then once minimum time is served, vote out of brig.

Please try and I hope it helps!

• @baconwrappedsac Thanks, I'll give this a shot if it happens again and report back. I'll be on with my crew tonight so although I'm hoping none of us crash, I'll give this method a shot if anyone does.

Cheers!

• @kyros-darkbeard No probs... I feel it works well because the game is trying to spawn you in and gets stuck in a loop - voting to brig gives the game a finite spawn point.

• I have had this problem too, I used to have a similar (but less severe) version of this around contested forts, it seems like the servers struggle when you've got multiple players, ships, and AI all in the same area, maybe if you're joining friends a solution could be to have them sail away until you load then get back to the fight? I think it's impressive Rare got battles of this scale to work at all, I'm not surprised there's a few issues, and don't take that the wrong way, there's no sarcasm there, I don't know a lot about how it all works but I assume this was a massive challenge. Doesn't make it any less irritating though lol

• Never had this problem and Im on pc (but run My game on a SSD disc)

• @baconwrappedsac said in Stuck in infinite black screen:

When a long black screen with spinning wheel presents itself, I’ve found some common observations...

Black screen ppl can hear audio and controller shakes, game chat will usually be present, text chat will work and display for crews in game as well.

Sometimes a player who is black screening shows up in game but without clothing and stationary. Sometimes not at all.

What I’ve discovered that might help anyone experiencing this (which is common) - is to vote the black screening player to the brig. I’ve found success, say 3/5 times... then once minimum time is served, vote out of brig.

Please try and I hope it helps!

This helps. Sometimes they are already in the brig and you just have to vote them out. We’ve been getting a cool glitch where people respawn as skeletons. Only a couple of people can usually see the skelly form though.

We’ve been having crazy game chat/party bugs where different people drop from audio entirely and have to restart.

• Still happening. You think it would have been fixed by now?

• As this thread was 3 months old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic! Please note, issues may sometimes appear at the surface to be the same thing, but can be completely unrelated to what was happening several months ago. Please raise a ticket with support so that the team can investigate.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our forum rules

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 13