Patch Notes - 1.0.8
In case you were adrift, lost at sea and missed it, we released our official trailer for The Hungering Deep and our very first issue of the Pirate Times! What hides in The Hungering Deep? Find out on May 29th when this free content update arrives! For now, keep your eyes out for that grizzled old soul Merrick on the shores. He's seen... things.
Patch 1.0.8 brings with it much-requested features like the ability to discard voyages and set your aim sensitivity, and the first of many updates to improve accessibility for our colour blind pirates!
Xbox One: 1.22GB
Xbox One X: 1.22GB
Windows 10: 1.18GB
Xbox Installation Instructions can be found here.
PC Installation Instructions can be found here.
- On to the Next! - Players can now discard unwanted voyages within the Quick Menu. No more having to propose them on the Captain's Table and cancel them!
- Did You Hear That? - When you are transmitting voice over your mic, an icon will now appear on screen to let you know that you are doing so. This can be toggled on in the Audio Settings!
- Stories Untold - Players will now come across more Lore books on their adventures.
- Give and Take - Resource Crates which are being held by players can now have items put into or removed from them.
- Distressed Chickens - The unsettling sound of a squawking chicken whilst caged is now... more bearable.
- Music of Legends - The musical sting that plays when entering the Legendary Hideout has been updated.
- Updated Voice Lines - Legendary Tavernkeeper Louise, the Pirate Lord and the Order of Souls NPC Olivia now have new ghostly-sounding voice lines.
- Visual Effects - Improved multiple VFX of weapon impact to grass terrain, and cannon impact to water.
- Icons - Updated the Chests UI to make it clearer that players can scroll through the filter tabs. Icons are now also prettier, bigger and generally better.
- Out Of Stock - Shipwrights and Weaponsmiths will no longer stock the eight cosmetic pieces which weren’t visually distinct enough.
- Launch Crew Eye of Reach - We kept it in for an extra week due to its popularity, but this time-limited item has now been removed from the weapon shops!
- Colour Blind Accessibility - There is now a High Contrast 'X Marks the Spot' option in the Accessibility Settings. Enabling this will change the red X on the map to white with a black outline, which we understand will be easier to view for red-green colour blind pirates.
- Aim Sensitivity Slider - Player can customise their controller and mouse sensitivity specifically when aiming with each ranged weapon. The Blunderbuss, Flintlock Pistol and Eye of Reach each have their own slider to adjust.
- Shhh! - Additional muting options have been added to "My Crew". These now include the ability to mute voice, text chat and non-verbal phrases separately.
- Whilst on the ship and in multi-ship scenarios, performance has been improved.
- Server optimisations to reduce latency.
- Frame rates while streaming islands have been improved.
- Improved gunplay in high-latency network conditions.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Issues with giving items have been resolved and the feature is now re-enabled.
- Skeleton Fort keys will no longer drop into inaccessible locations.
- Dates displayed on pocket watches will no longer go out of sync.
- Fixed areas on Smugglers Bay and Plunder Valley where Bounty Skeletons were not spawning.
- Pirates should no longer lose their clothing upon respawning after death.
- Changing your bucket at the equipment chest will make the water spill out instead of just vanishing. So be careful not to flood your ship!
- Players should no longer encounter an issue where they are unable to interact with reward items floating in the water once they leave the area and return.
- Barrels of Plenty no longer disappear when respawning onto your ship after death.
- Improved skeleton movement in Skeleton Forts.
- Instruments will no longer sound muffled / cut out when being played on the back of a sloop.
- Opening the vanity chest multiple times in a short span of time will no longer cause your pirate preview to stop appearing.
- It is now possible to loot all items in Skeleton Fort vaults.
- The prompt to talk to the Merchant Alliance NPC on Sanctuary Outpost is no longer missing her name.
- Chicken movement should no longer appear jittery.
- Pirate Legend band in the Hideout now play audible shanties.
- The legendary Tavernkeeper was loading the wrong text loadout – the correct text loadout has been rebound to the NPC.
- Players will no longer incorrectly hear ambient sounds (storms/rain/birds) after using a mermaid, exiting the Ferry or being teleported after getting stuck.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in-game.
Once you redeem your code, here is a Support Article that shows you where to find your items in-game. If you still cannot find your items in-game, please raise a support ticket to log this issue.
- Washed up items, including messages in bottles, are still disabled following issues in last weeks patch. We are working on getting these switched back on as soon as possible.
A lost page from Tales from the Sea of Thieves has been found washed ashore…
Looking For Crew?
Looking for new crew mates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to the official Sea of Thieves: