@paciencia095 said in Release Notes Discussion - 1.0.1:
IMHO the best solution ever and the only one possible is
TO RESPAWN AT THE FARTHEST SPAWN FROM THE LOCATION YOU SANK
instead of spawn next to the event wich makes people be more careful, for example, if the event is on the middle of the map and your ship sinks then you spawn at the island that is more far of that position, lets say on west are 4 islands and east are 5 islands, you spawn at the 5th island, instead of spawning at the island next to the place your ship was sank.
Changing server and that stuff just add more stress to a already overloaded server.
Also IMO as of right now because of mainly the absurd spawn so close after sinking it brokes the game experience a lot just to mention a few:
- There isnt any reasson to take care about the ship wich get us to-
- People tend to kamikazi like rushing straight to ships sinking themselves without even try to shoot wich get us to-
- They spawn next to where they sank and repeat until they sink yours wich get us to-
- You do the same wich get us to-
- A very bad experience about repeating all these points until one of the ships get that bored to give up wich can be hours wich get us to-
- The game isnt meant for that cluster "hell" garbage.
Another big issue is there isnt any penalty for dying other than wait like 30 seconds, if it were at least 2 minutes it should be a easy fix for now.
Now if they wanna fix it the fix is pretty simple really:
They make ships spawn at the farthest location of where they sank no matter what happened.
They increase the time to come back when a player die to 2 minutes.
And that is basically it, its very very simple and fixes a HUGE problem not to mention how good get the game experience in general.
This is not really the place for a drawn out discussion so I will be quick.
Spawning further away on death is definitely a good solution to the problem.
However the longer death time might not work as well. There is already nothing to do while waiting for the doors to open, waiting even longer is going to make it very frustrating. If you count the death time and the loading time it is already a fairly long wait. Long enough for players to have taken all your treasure and run off.
The main other element that needs to be added to death is that the destruction of a ship should spawn flotsam barrels. And, in my opinion, their contents should be completely unrelated to what the ship was carrying. Just make a standard barrel spawn.
This solves two problems:
- The winning ship gets a chance to resupply right then and there (while grabbing some well deserved loot) to be ready for the next fight.
- And this provides some small reward for sinking a ship that didn't have any loot. The reward isn't so good that you would want to sink every ship you run across (supplies can be found anywhere and a ship battle might cost you more than you get) but it gives some reward for being the victor in an open-pvp game.