Ancient Kraken Event

• Hello everyone, ahoy.
    I want to say that I have been playing this game for a while and I am really excited when during my adventures I have different encounters. My favourite one is Kraken, I really like fighting him. When I fight him I imagine that scene from Pirates of Carribean at World's End. However, I often play with open crews and more I encounter him, more I see than most of the crews I play with end up leaving the game or just running. Such specific behaviour made me thinking. What if the encounter with Kraken wouldn't be just a random encounter, what if it would be an event, a world event. And that's how I came up with Ancient Kraken Event.
    Imagine a Big/Gigantic Shipwreck Graveyard. Surrounded by clifs/rocks on which shipwrecks are also strung. There is only three thin paths which will lead you in inside area. Inside of such place you will find a large pool area, which also surrounded by shipwrecks. Under the water you will see a large number of shipwrecks ( around 8 ships) with one in the middle. You will also notice that several ships on the clifs have cannons pointing at you and several barrels containing food, planks and mostly cannonballs.
    To trigger/activate the event you will need to drop the anchor and, as whole crew, play the Shanty "Who Shall Not Be Returning". After playing it for a while you will notice that lanters which located on the shipwrecks below and around you starts light up. After all of the light up, the battle music will start to play and several tentacles will appear. They will block the exits and wrop around your anchor, completely blocking it ( All the tentacles which I will mention in this topic will look different form standart ones, they will have cuts, scars, harpoons stuck in them and even some weapons). As soon as it will be activated the storm clouds will appear above it in the form of water funnel, a cyclone.
    To complete the event you will need to fight throw the deadly waves of Skeletons, who will shoot at you with their guns or by using a cannons, as well as boarding your ship by jumping from shipwrecks or climbing on it; Ocean Crawlers who will also use cannons and board your ship by jumping from water onto your deck; angry pirate ghost/phantoms who will appear on your ship; and sirens ho will shoot at your ship with tridens or their voices. By defeating each wave you will progress furter in the event. You will meet different skeleton lords, ocean crawslers and sirens lords (ones with the red names above them), and phantom captains. You will know that you are getting close to completing such world event by noticing that during the waves tentacles will emerge from the depths. Some will do nothing, some will hit your ship, wrap around it or suck a pirate up into the tentacle and try to drown him. To complete the wave you will need to defeat tentacles too. There will be 10 waves. The final stage before the final fight, will appear 8 tentacles which you will need to defeat to progress to final fight. After you defeat them, 14 (13 if you on sloop) tentacles will emerge from the depths. 2 (1) of them will wrap around your ships ends while 12 will be around it. 4 of them will be "inhalers", another 4 will do nothing ("targets"), last 4 will be attacking your ship.
    Now, let's talk about the loot. Before I will talk about shipwrecks and loot from shipwrecks below your ship and loot which you will recieve after defeating Ancient Kraken, I want to mention loot which you will recieve after defeating certain foes.

• Skeleton Lords. From Skeleton Lords you will recieve skulls (mostly gold, but it will depends on skeleton lords) and gold pouches (160-600 gold).
    • Ocean Crawlers and Sirens. Ocean Crawlers and Sirens will bring you siren gems (50/50 chance, unless there is red name above it, then it's 100 %).
    • Phantoms. Phantoms will bring you gold pouches (160-600 gold).
    • Phantom Captain. Phantom Captain will bring you gold pouches (160-600 gold) and bewitching doll (300-400 gold) or dark relic (depends on relic).
      Now let's go back to Kraken.
    • Ancient Kraken. After defeating Ancient Kraken you will recieve from each tentacle including ones that blocked exits, wrapped around your anchor and ends of your ship Ancient Kraken meat (1-2 pieces) and a random treasure items (1-2 pieces), as well as a key to a captain cabin.
      As you remember, at the beggining I have mentioned that below your ship is a large amount of shipwrecks (around 8) and one in the middle. Inside this shipwrecks you will find different treasures, such as:
    • Siren Gems & Mermaids Gems
    • A wide variety of chests (Captain's, Castaway's, Maradeur's, Seafers)
    • Skulls
    • Chalices & Artifacts
    • Crates
    • Animal Cages (Empty)
    • Gunpowder barrels
    • Coral Treasures
    • Barrels filled with different resources
      The ship in the middle will be a captain ship. You won't be able to enter it unless you have a captain key. After opening it, you will have access to whole captain ship below which you will find it filled with loot I have listed above and also this one:
    • Chest of Legends
    • Legendary Chests (Rage, Sorrow, Thousand Grogs, Ancient Tribute, Damned)
    • Ashen Chests and keys
    • Reapers Bounty & Gifts
    • Broken Emissary Flags and Captain Logbooks
    • Stronghold Gunpowder
    • Athena Fortune treasure
      After completing such event you will not only have your pockets filled with enough gold (40 treasures max from 8 shipwrecks, 60 treasure max from captain shipwreck, 40 max from tentacles (40 kraken meat max), 4 skulls max from skeleton lords, 8 siren gems max from Ocean Crawlers and Sirens Lords ( if 50/50 hit then more), 1 max from Phantom Captain, and that brings us to 153 treasure max (it without counting meat & fish and 50/50 chances)), you will also have a great memories and stories to tell in the tavern behind the mug of good grog.
      Such event will interest people more in fighting Kraken. And people will stop running from such encounters, they will stay and fight, so one day they will be able to defeat a Mighty One.
      P.S
      I just want you to remember that after defeating Ancient Kraken, the ancient tentacles that blocked the only paths to enter to such event which were protecting you from being attacked by other crews will be vanquished. Therefore everyone would be able to sabotage your ship/sunk it. Plus the clouds which were indicating about the beginnig of this events will dissapear too. Therefore, you will become a target for every ship on the sea. I also wanted to add that such event will be able to complete only once in 1-2 hours. And that it would be nice if such place would exist in The Wilds, in between O1 and P1, in uncharted sea.
      P.S.S
      Thank you very much for listening/reading this topic. I hope you like this idea. If you want to add something to it or change it slightly or radically, or you don't like it, please leave a comment. Thank you very much for everything . Have a nice day or night and see you on the Seas.
      Selgewick The Seaman
      Chronicler of Legend
    Views
  • I want to say that I have been playing this game for a while and I am really excited when during my adventures I have different encounters. My favourite one is Kraken, I really like fighting him.

You had me right after hello

Excellent suggestion thread, well thought out and written up.

• @selgewick

Tl,dr...

Yes superkraken.

• I like the kraken, I just wish it actually gave loot, getting a stupid trident with that meat out of the 2 tentacles I get to kill on a sloop is bad, why I seriously prefer Megalodons to Kraken, ESPECIALLY with the randomness of between event spawns.

• I agree that Kraken in the current form is joke and not challanging at all, but you are basically making an even longer and harder FoF... and almost noone does FoF due to how long it is - easily to pinpoint and steal.

• You could also make this related to the hunters call and drop new loot for them (potentially new quests/emissary, etc).

• @wolfmanbush Thank you

• @n0soup4u It's a great idea, thank you

• Great idea. I just wish there were more types of Krakens (like megs)

Or at least if Krakens would have different damage effects, like Fire/Poison/Grog etc. Obviously this would only make it more fun for sloops...GL HF for Galleons.

• @adara-haze I see your point. However, I made it that long because of greater risk (being sunk by kraken, skeletons and others (on cannons, etc.) during event and after event by players) and greater rewards for completing it.
    Plus, to steal loot from Fort Of Fortune, you need someone to complete it. And since you stated it, it means that there still people who doing it from whom you can steal. Therefore it still popular in our community.

• @selgewick This is exactly the reason almost NOONE is doing FoF anymore outside alliance servers and I did mention it, because I have been playing this game for years and did see how people ignore FoFs more and more. People are server hopping to find crew DOING one, but almost noone actually does it.

Too long event, would be a waste of resources to put it in the game. I would prefer devs to work on Quality of Life updates instead of spending god knows how much time on even most people would try doing once in their lifetime and ignore for ever without even completing. Just look at percentages of achievements.

• @adara-haze Actually I did not supported your statement, I opposed it. However, I want to say that I understand your concern, however this is not the reason why nobody doing it. The real reason is because they all focused on getting Skeleton/Ghost Curse, which is amaizing (Skeleton Curse is my favourite). Also, I want to mention that I said that I am open to all the ideas, changes, etc. Therefore if you don't like the way I wrote it, then it's okay. Propose your idea to make it better. There is no need for creating an argument. However, if you want to do it, then you are most welcome to do so in you own suggestion. Thank you.

• @selgewick Do you think game is only 3 months old? What kind of argument is this?

• Hello everyone. I just want to say that I would like to add some changes to the Topic above. You see, when I wrote it I didn't know that Skeleton Fort has 12 waves, by knowing this information now I would like to extend the number of waves from 10 to 15 - 18. In my opinion 15 - 18 waves will be more fun and challenging, and fair. Since such event will be bigger and harder to complete than standard Skeleton Fort. Plus, much more rewards for completing it.

• Yesterday I saw a Kraken swimming while diving for hourglass. Thankfully he was swimming AWAY from me :)

Anyway +1 on the idea.

• Would love a Kraken World Event that was deliberately challenging unlike the current kraken experience on a sloop, which is a kinda of oops hope you wern't running from a fort, deal.

As for Ancient Kraken, if Old Mother isn't dead.... that'd be a pretty good usecase to bring her into the world.

• @honestauntyelle said in Ancient Kraken Event:

Would love a Kraken World Event that was deliberately challenging unlike the current kraken experience on a sloop, which is a kinda of oops hope you wern't running from a fort, deal.

As for Ancient Kraken, if Old Mother isn't dead.... that'd be a pretty good usecase to bring her into the world.

well she could be undead too

• @foambreaker thank you.

• @zig-zag-ltu It is very interesting thought. Can you tell it more details?

• @selgewick I realized now that I wrote poison, which is the current effect (snake like venom).

But what if instead of poison damage, the kraken could set the ship on fire/get you drunk or sick/ all at once?

I'm not even sure what is the best approach, but Kraken in general is the coolest thing when it comes to seas and ships, way cooler than any fort or ashen boss, or a megalodon (those are super cool tho) It's a shame that the beast never received a proper update since it's release. Still has no head, the loot is still very very very unrewarding and apart from a sloop, you don't ever wanna meet it.

I wish Devs would rewatch PotC and especially the ending (can't remember which part) where Jack Sparra got eaten by it in the end. Seeing that thousand teeth mouth would be terrifying.

I really hope Devs will find the time to give that mythic beast the attention it really needs. This would benefit the game so much and players encountering it first few times won't be disappointed afterwards.

If I remember correctly, now the water is completely dark and you can't see underneath, you take a bit of damage instead. But few years ago, you could see clearly that those tentacles are pure magic and don't have a body that they are attached to. So it is a very clever solution from the devs, but a bit of a cheap one if you ask me ^^

• @selgewick
    Well written, thought through, interesting topic!

I Hope Rare will make this happen

Now Take my upvote Kind Sir and thanks for the idea!

;)

• @zig-zag-ltu I see. It is very nice reply. I love it. Thank you very much.

• @lt-n-bonaparte Thank you.

• @j-van-der-berg Thank you.

• @mercenaryverroq Thank you for your comment matey. I hope it will be added/implemented to seas too.

Views
1 out of 26