Chainshot knockback on sloop

• Make it less.

Ridiculous that everything else except chainshots is balanced to not knock you off of your sloop. If blunerbombs can't, chains shouldn't be able to either.

Views
  • Didn't they JUST do this silly request already? Reducing blundbombs?

• I do feel like more knockback has been introduced again

• @burnbacon yes the knockback on blunderbombs have been reduced, however chainshots now give more knockback and mainly vertical impulse to a player then blunderbombs

• If someone manages to hit me with a chainshot rather than the mast well that's fair play in my eyes. It's very rare I'm finding myself hit by them. Cannons and blunders were a different matter. I'd rather they reduce the cannonball knockback effect you get on the Brig. It's very easy to be popcorned off a Brig.

• @a10dr4651 I had a match yesterday. My teammate on the brigantine got hit in the face with a cannonball. I was standing two metres behind him. I got thrown off the ship)

• @a10dr4651 said in Chainshot knockback on sloop:

If someone manages to hit me with a chainshot rather than the mast well that's fair play in my eyes. It's very rare I'm finding myself hit by them. Cannons and blunders were a different matter. I'd rather they reduce the cannonball knockback effect you get on the Brig. It's very easy to be popcorned off a Brig.

I haven't tested it yet, but I've had the theory that you're better off aiming your chainshot at the helm than at the mast against a sloop.

You can hit the helmsman, break the helm, and potentially break the capstan as well since it's right there.

• @burnbacon but they stated that they huuuuge popcorning range (and only when shooted out of cannon) was never their intention.

I don't miss it.

• @a10dr4651 pretty sure the problem is sloop specific, but not 100%. They reduced knockback on sloops for everything except chains im pretty sure, so chains just deal way more knockback.

• @burnbacon said in Chainshot knockback on sloop:

Didn't they JUST do this silly request already? Reducing blundbombs?

Not blunderbombs, chains. Especially on sloops.

• @pugawuga216 a dit dans Chainshot knockback on sloop :

@burnbacon said in Chainshot knockback on sloop:

Didn't they JUST do this silly request already? Reducing blundbombs?

Not blunderbombs, chains. Especially on sloops.

He's just here to look down on people. Dude maxed both factions and Hunter's call in 2 hours you see. No time to read.

• @a10dr4651 honestly this too. I've heard its an issue there too, I just don't play a lot of brig lol.

Views
1 out of 12