Border around the item we are aiming at

• One of the things that perhaps most disturbs those who tend to have several items placed in the same place, either due to organization or lack of space on the ship, is that sometimes we aim at an item and take another. Of course, the name appears, but sometimes a slight movement of the mouse can make us grab another item that we don't want. This becomes even clearer when we have several items with the same name.

My proposal is to place a border around the item we are aiming at, as in the example image.

In the settings, it would even be interesting to turn off the option if the player wants to, and of course, to change the color and thickness of the border.

Views
  • Which items do you mean in particular?

Also, as long as you can toggle it on or off and a feature helps people, I am all up for it.

• @zig-zag-ltu said in Border around the item we are aiming at:

Which items do you mean in particular?

Also, as long as you can toggle it on or off and a feature helps people, I am all up for it.

At first I thought of any item we can carry, but maybe this can be useful for example, when picking up ammo, aiming at resources barrel, etc.

• It's kind of funny that you even made it harder for yourself by using the "sticky prompt at the bottom"...

• @ondrejbakan said in Border around the item we are aiming at:

It's kind of funny that you even made it harder for yourself by using the "sticky prompt at the bottom"...

This is because in a battle its advantageous. Suppose you board an enemy ship and want to lower the anchor, this way you can do it from a greater distance than the other way.

• @targasbr said in Border around the item we are aiming at:

@ondrejbakan said in Border around the item we are aiming at:

It's kind of funny that you even made it harder for yourself by using the "sticky prompt at the bottom"...

This is because in a battle its advantageous. Suppose you board an enemy ship and want to lower the anchor, this way you can do it from a greater distance than the other way.

And this is why people anchor-muffin.

• @sweetsandman said in Border around the item we are aiming at:

@targasbr said in Border around the item we are aiming at:

@ondrejbakan said in Border around the item we are aiming at:

And this is why people anchor-muffin.

I don't know this term (anchor-muffin). What does it mean?

• @targasbr said in Border around the item we are aiming at:

I don't know this term (anchor-muffin). What does it mean?

They stack loot on their anchor. It's a cheesy tactic, but it's because Rare has allowed the current Metas go unchecked, so I at least understand why people do it.

Views
1 out of 8