This is driving me nuts!

• OK so my game keeps getting big fps drops to 20/30 ish fps and I've tried everything to fix it "I think" so I'm normally getting around 90 to 100+ fps but I can see my gpu usage drop to like 20/30% and I have no idea why, I'm running a 2070 maxq can't remember the cpu but it's being used at like 7% when running the game and temps are all good

Views
    questiongeneral
  • Set SoT to max performance in the driver setting.

1. Make sure the game is using the GPU through windows settings.
    2. This game is known to have pretty bad FPS drops (Multiple boats in the same spot, big islands/world events etc.) even on good hardware.

I have a 3070, 120fps constant until im at a fortress with other ships it dips to 70 fps for example when looking at the fortress.

• Do you have enough ram? Are you running a lot of stuff in the meantime? Is your system cluttered with bs? How long ago did you format?

• Mine just drops from 140-90 to about 80 in New Golden Sands outpost. Perhaps in other instances too, but I only notice on that one as no action ever goes around there.

• Without knowing what you've tried to fix it, I'll shoot in the dark with some common things:

1. Are you using the latest drivers for your GPU?
    2. What visual settings are you using in-game?
    3. Do you experience FPS drops in any other game or just Sea of Thieves?
    4. Was it working before, and stopped working recently, if so, what changed?
    5. What happens when the FPS drops, is it at certain locations, events, or just a constant FPS drop?
    6. Are you using the Steam or Windows version of the client?
    7. Have you attempted running the game from a Clean Boot version of Windows (meaning no 3rd party software or unnecessary services running in the background) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd

Happy to dive in and help you solve it, just hard to troubleshoot without knowing more ;)

Happy Sailing!

• 2080 here and my fps drops to around 70-80 on New Golden Sands. That is with nearly the lowest settings, only model and textures mid-range. In 1080p :D

• 3080 here with a 7700k and I get frame drop.

I noticed it is mostly shadows and lighting quality.

Views
questiongeneral
2 out of 8