Boarding a Galleon

• Just played the new PVP game mode, gnerally have no issues, but had 2 people on a sloop vs us (galleon) board us without the ladders, one started in the captains quater, the other near the anchor, couldn't shoot cannons to save there lives, but managed to get both on our boat and there mast still be reapaired, i dont know to call people cheats and there accounts are 4 and 14 days old, but out of the 100 days played never seen this at all?

Views
  • It's the teleport trick, saw it on Twitch a few times.

• @cptfatsparow594 said in Boarding a Galleon:

Just played the new PVP game mode, gnerally have no issues, but had 2 people on a sloop vs us (galleon) board us without the ladders...

I thought the new PvP always matched ships equally, e.g. galleon vs galleon, solo sloop vs solo sloop etc...

How can you wind up matched to a duo-sloop when you are in a galleon???

• @gravesilence272 If you are a champion you can choose to fight against bigger ships. My very first fight in the hourglass when the mode was just out, was with a gally against a champion brig.

• @gravesilence272 said in Boarding a Galleon:

I thought the new PvP always matched ships equally, e.g. galleon vs galleon, solo sloop vs solo sloop etc...

How can you wind up matched to a duo-sloop when you are in a galleon???

If you have enough of a streak and get to champion then you can opt to hunt ships of larger ships not just your own. Weirdly, there's no option to make sure that if you're not a champion you don't get matched against a champion, but there is one to make sure that champions have an even wider pool of lower ranked players to hunt. Feels like maybe that should be the other way around, but hey ho.

• Personally I think there should be two voting options, no matter if you’re a champion or not. Let crews vote to find a matching opponent, or vote to fight any willing opponent.

Same ship size queue, and random queue.

• @foambreaker Pirates hate him! Click here to find out how with one simple trick, you can sink a ship!

• Record, report, and let the support staff be the deciders.

Retelling the story on here asking for forum-goers to decide whether it's cheating or not is about as useful as passing gas in the wind.

Views
1 out of 8