"Port Arrival" Bell @ NGS?

• Can't wait to see what's in store for what else they might have planned for NGS!

One suggestion, since I expect this level of "port" is more civilized than a standard "outpost" - there should ideally be some sort of audible bell when a new ship is approaching the port...

Since we'll be spending more time deeper inland, indoors, it would be nice to know when others are on approach.

A nice bell signature that could hear be heard throughout the island would be great! I supposed you could even make a case for when a ship departs as well.

Thoughts?

Views
  • Im not so sure an announcement bell would be so vital, much like any island of any size you go to, its up to you as the player to keep an eye on the horizon.

• Would be good to have, right now NGS's size is just a liability from a gameplay standpoint, though it looks nice.

• Like Natalie Imbruglia I'm torn

it does interfere with the environment but at this point in the game's risk reward, being just one outpost, sovereigns being a thing, I don't think it makes much of a difference anymore

they are putting in so much work to that specific location I think it could be an environmental treat without causing significant harm.

• @goldsmen said in "Port Arrival" Bell @ NGS?:

Im not so sure an announcement bell would be so vital, much like any island of any size you go to, its up to you as the player to keep an eye on the horizon.

Well, I think the idea is this is not like any island. It's a proper port with businesses and will be expanding. We find buildings there the like we don't see anywhere else, and we'll be spending more time inside of them.

I think it would be both a nice atmospheric addition, but also semi-functional so players somewhere inside can focus on their business at hand, rather than always running outside to see what if anything is happening :)

• @lethality1
    I could get on board with this. (no pun intended!) I think @WolfManbush said it the best as far as implementing it into the game.

Speaking of which, did you guys happen to notice that there are animal crates sitting along the bridge going West toward the docks? I wonder if we're getting a live-stock vendor or something like that?

• Personally, I think they need to work on some of the assets at NGS. A lot of the banners and thing render out even if you’re only a stone’s throw away from them

Views
1 out of 7