What role does ''Lucid Gaming'' play in the Sea of thieves regarding their recent collaboration with RARE?

• Past few days I heard news that "Lucid Gaming" an English gaming studio (Same as RARE) have partnered up with RARE LTD. Sea of Thieves, and was curious in what this collaboration means exactly.

Their titles majorly caters towards the PlayStation and mobile (IOS/Android) platforms, which got me wondering, logically speaking SoT is a Microsoft Exclusive title.
    I also heard rumours that they were brought it for an anti-cheat to the game, announcing their collaboration two days prior to the ban wave on update day, although this is just speculation with the timing hence the rumours.

Can any officials from either party share what this means for future/health/longevity of Sea of Thieves, having their involvement on board for clarity's sake?

Views
  • I dunno why people have been saying anti-cheat

I haven't seen anything to suggest that and nothing about their company that I read suggested some expertise on the topic

probably just standard outsourcing for future content being turned into wishful thinking by sot players

• No idea, but judging by the games they made, we are getting light sabers, cars on old faithful isle and the best out of the list - goats

• If I had to make a guess, it would be to allow more of Rares team to move across to work on Everwild as that game sounds like it needs extra help.

• Where did you hear this?

• @personalc0ffee said in What role does ''Lucid Gaming'' play in the Sea of thieves regarding their recent collaboration with RARE?:

Where did you hear this?

• They're probably just handling some content development for Rare. Nothing in their previous work suggests they'd have experience with anticheat.

• The biggest games Lucid have involvement with is Apex legends and Star Wars Fallen Order. With there experience in Apex legends maybe they could be helping with PvP and server side elements of that. This is just a complete guess though.

• @a10dr4651 I agree, just a bid odd they announce a partnership so to speak, but no actual info on what their involvement means.
    A lot of gaming companies that team up at least make an announcement on what exactly they are cooperating for in what aspect of the game.

• @ix-indi-xi said in What role does ''Lucid Gaming'' play in the Sea of thieves regarding their recent collaboration with RARE?:

@a10dr4651 I agree, just a bid odd they announce a partnership so to speak, but no actual info on what their involvement means.
    A lot of gaming companies that team up at least make an announcement on what exactly they are cooperating for in what aspect of the game.

Seems like a name drop (in a positive way) to me

probably a big deal for them to get to work with Rare and they wanna market that collaboration

can't really release details if it's content as the content hasn't been announced yet.

• @wolfmanbush said in What role does ''Lucid Gaming'' play in the Sea of thieves regarding their recent collaboration with RARE?:

can't really release details if it's content as the content hasn't been announced yet.

Considering there are not many details of what this partnership is going to offer to begin with, it's a little easier to assume it's content.

I hate it when Rare's NDA leaves us in the dark, this is not one of those moments where info needs to be kept super secret when people are expecting something from Rare in regards to addressing issues.

• The only thing you will get here is speculation because as has been pointed out, nobody has announced what they’re working on.

Also, does it really matter? Regardless of what they’re working with Rare on it will be good for us as a community.

• @glibunicycle220 As much as I'd like some killer figureheads and sails for the emporium (there is no way whatever cosmetics they make DON'T make it to the emporium exclusively). I wouldn't mind some more professionals that can handle bug fixing for the game's servers to resolve some otherwise unfixable bugs, or other worrying issues.

• Thank you for providing the source.

This is interesting, if nothing more for them to put on their resume.

Views
13 out of 14