ANCHORS!

• When dropping anchor on ship, there is no anchor below. This is quite triggering for me and my friends and is a feature in other ships such as the Flying Dutchman in the castaway’s tall tale (great tall tale btw).
    In short we would like to see a line or rope from the bottom of the ship to show an anchor

Views
    xbox one
  • It would have to go pretty dang far if you drop anchor in the middle of the infinite ocean, as well as raise incredibly fast to go from the bottom of the ocean to your ship in the time it takes to raise anchor. As cool as this would be, there's too many minor things that make it impossible to pull off while still looking good.

• It's nice to see enthusiasm about anchors that isn't just about when people put stuff on them.

• Would be cool, but also a technical nightmare.

The way anchors work in game right now makes little sense and would make even less sense if someone had to visually model what was going on.

*Anchors take the same amount of time to drop and raise wherever they are
    *Anchors must drop completely to work, but must also be raised completely to stop working.
    *Anchors have no "give" and the chain would be completely stiff when lowered unless that's changed
    *Capstans aren't connected coherently to anything, especially on the sloop, but that part's negligible.

But I am a proponent of anchor riding and diving bells. If they get implemented.

• When dropping anchor on ship, there is no anchor below. This is quite triggering for me and my friends

Really?

• Maybe for SoT 2... You could even have differing times for raising and lowering anchor depending on depth of ocean bed

But as I said, maybe for the sequel

I'd much rather have other features introduced than an improved anchor system...

• Unfortunately for you Chapman has talked about this. The team has talked about this as well and they basically said it isn't worth the performance hit for this bit of realism.

• Just a nitpick

• @burnbacon it is from my friends perspective (I think he’s a nitpick but it’s triggering for him) ngl I don’t even notice it.

Views
xbox one
1 out of 9