Pet abilities

• I feel like pets something unique to them like a dog can help you dig and maybe an attack ability too

Birds can help you find and locate treasures on a voyage

Views
    windows 10xbox onegeneralquestionmerchandise
  • The only change needed for pets is to let me equip ALL of my pets at once.

Pet abilities make them pay to win, something Rare wants to avoid.

• @pithyrumble said in Pet abilities:

The only change needed for pets is to let me equip ALL of my pets at once.

Pet abilities make them pay to win, something Rare wants to avoid.

Either you need to get this or I need to get my bow

at least one of them needs to happen before this game ends.

• Pay to win

That is all. End.

• @fivelamb521 said in Pet abilities:

I feel like pets something unique to them like a dog can help you dig and maybe an attack ability too

Birds can help you find and locate treasures on a voyage

No, because that would be pay to win, since it would give you an advantage.

What do should do however: Pet emotes! I want to be able to pet my pet, or play fetch with him (dog or fox) or tease it with a string (cat), etc.

• @burnbacon said in Pet abilities:

Pay to win

That is all. End.

Giving everybody a free basic pet would eliminate the pay to win aspect.

They gave away free pets before. So i dont see why doing so again for a new gameplay mechanic wouldnt be possible

• @shadow20642 said in Pet abilities:

@burnbacon said in Pet abilities:

Pay to win

That is all. End.

They gave away free pets before. So i dont see why doing so again for a new gameplay mechanic wouldnt be possible

1. When did they give everyone a free pet?

2. Giving free pets takes away sales from emporium. That thing that helps pay for all the free updates the game does...

• @shadow20642 said in Pet abilities:

Pay to win

That is all. End.

They gave away free pets before. So i dont see why doing so again for a new gameplay mechanic wouldn't be possible

Maybe a dog with mange (can't say it as an adjective because that word is restricted), a stray cat, a balding parrot, a poorly groomed monkey, and a dirty fox could work as 'sailor' pets. Not saying they should do that, imo they shouldn't, I'm just giving ideas.

• Pay to win is such a lame argument ESPECIALLY when visibly better cannon flares exist only available from buying with ancient coins (but NOONE seems to cares about that)

Pet features is a great idea. Besides how is it pay 2 win when EVERYONE gets ancient coins for free???

Ancient skeletons and plunder pass coins.

• If they have different abilities it becomes a requirement and some people don't like pets. (Weirdos) Or I may want the dog's ability on my cat instead.

Unless there's a new one, they adjusted that one (cannon flare) in emporium a while back. There were angry posts about it lol. You can also just not use cannon flares like I don't use a hook or pegleg.

@shadow20642 said in Pet abilities:

Pay to win

That is all. End.

1. When did they give everyone a free pet?

2. Giving free pets takes away sales from emporium. That thing that helps pay for all the free updates the game does...

1. I got a free monkey as a reward. I csnt remember exactly why but i never bought it.

2. 1 free pet of each type isnt going to bankrupt the emporium.

• @rdrjj said in Pet abilities:

@shadow20642 said in Pet abilities:

Pay to win

That is all. End.

They gave away free pets before. So i dont see why doing so again for a new gameplay mechanic wouldn't be possible

Maybe a dog with mange (can't say it as an adjective because that word is restricted), a stray cat, a balding parrot, a poorly groomed monkey, and a dirty fox could work as 'sailor' pets. Not saying they should do that, imo they shouldn't, I'm just giving ideas.

A dirty fox!! 😂😂😂
    It sounds like you’re describing the punters at our local social pub! haha.

Not gonna lie i’d definitely buy that pet!

I can just imagine it sat inside my ship staring at the wall and rocking itself back and forth because its absolutely out of its mind crazy! haha

• To buy a pet without paying real money you need to get either lucky with ancient skeletons or complete two plunder passes without spending a single coin on anything else.

• If they add abilities to pets they would need to offer pets that you can get without ancient coin.

• @dragotech123 said in Pet abilities:

To buy a pet without paying real money you need to get either lucky with ancient skeletons or complete two plunder passes without spending a single coin on anything else.

You have to play the game to gain a FUN, highly situational, and only sightly convenient boon from having a pet equipped?

OUTRAGEOUS!

No-one is suggesting that you can launch your dog from a cannon and it turns into a torpedo and immediately nukes the enemies ship into oblivion

Just that maybe it takes 1 less dig if you have a puppy with you.

Or maybe a bird will fly to ROUGHLY where a treasure dig site is.

The pets as they are are lifeless, pointless companions. Give them a purpose. It's just for fun.

• @goldsmen I don't think they need to give away free pets.

Play the game and earn your ancient coins. Yes, it may take some time to accumulate enough coins (just like perk points in Deep Rock Galactic)

But you will acquire them eventually.

• @paparug420 said in Pet abilities:

@goldsmen I don't think they need to give away free pets.

Play the game and earn your ancient coins. Yes, it may take some time to accumulate enough coins (just like perk points in Deep Rock Galactic)

But you will acquire them eventually.

You CAN earn ancient coin, but being able to buy pets to get your boost in a competitive game earlier than others would fall under pay to win.

• @paparug420

I get that, but it's still a situational advantage that someone could pay for. We got 1k dubloons on this pass. If you start next pass you're at a disadvantage to someone who started this pass. Philosophically speaking, it goes against design too. Imma butt out because I don't want to derail this thread into LET ME EQUIP ALL MY PETS OR AT LEAST A PET FOR EACH PLAYER POSITION ON MY SHIP.

• @goldsmen then the hide n peek bundle is pay 2 win.

The tattered sails and sighted cannons are pay 2 win.

Rerolling your pirate to get a skinny pirate is pay 2 win.

Buying certain "clean" weapon sets is pay 2 win.

All these can be bought in the Emporium with ancient coins, yet no-one cares.

But a pet that isn't just a glorified trinket?

"GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE YOU PAY 2 WIN CHEATER"

Can't believe people could get so butthurt about suggesting that a pet dog could reduce the number of digs on a chest from 4 to 3?

Just a fun little addition with MINOR gameplay changes.

• @goldsmen boost in a competitive game?

Like the expensive DA sails? Or having gold to buy all your supplies every time you leave an outpost?

These are boosts in a competitive game that actually effect PvP drastically.

The gaps between players exist beyond just experience in this game already.

@goldsmen then the hide n peek bundle is pay 2 win.

The tattered sails and sighted cannons are pay 2 win.

Rerolling your pirate to get a skinny pirate is pay 2 win.

Buying certain "clean" weapon sets is pay 2 win.

All these can be bought in the Emporium with ancient coins, yet no-one cares.

But a pet that isn't just a glorified trinket?

"GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE YOU PAY 2 WIN CHEATER"

Can't believe people could get so butthurt about suggesting that a pet dog could reduce the number of digs on a chest from 4 to 3?

Just a fun little addition with MINOR gameplay changes.

None of this is pay to win, all of it is cosmetics other than a pirate that you can have thin instantly when you start, and hiding emotes... the most vital of which being free... Otherwise, cannon sights help little to none, different sails hardly do anything.

A pet being able to advantage you however, would be a direct upgrade, an upgrade that as it stands, if they rolled it out, most people dont have right now.

Why exactly are you so insistent on not having a free non ancient coin version if you dont think its an advantage you would have over others? I can think of no reason to try to push for this change, but actively not wanting to have a free option other than the realization that it would be a personal advantage if they didnt add a gold buy option.

The da sail point in your other post, i have addressed, the advantage is so minimal that it would only slightly help some one who doesnt realize that sitting on the wheel constantly is not a good thing, and after just a quest or 2, or even a world event, a new player can buy supplies without grinding out multiple seasons worth of coins.

• @paparug420 let's not make cosmetic slots required. Pets are annoying at best and just a complete inconvenience at worst.

They are an interactive cosmetic and should stay that way. I shouldn't be required to use them to be on equal grounds.

@goldsmen boost in a competitive game?

Like the expensive DA sails? Or having gold to buy all your supplies every time you leave an outpost?

These are boosts in a competitive game that actually effect PvP drastically.

The gaps between players exist beyond just experience in this game already.

To add to my other post ontop of this, even if da sails were any good to anyone who doesnt play an already disadvantaged play style, da sails are not pay to win, they are still in game gold, as is getting supplies, you cant spend real life money to get a crate of wood.

• No to pay to win mechanics, all my homies hate pay to win.

• @captain-coel said in Pet abilities:

@paparug420 let's not make cosmetic slots required. Pets are annoying at best and just a complete inconvenience at worst.

They are an interactive cosmetic and should stay that way. I shouldn't be required to use them to be on equal grounds.

This right here. I would rather introduce "invisible" pets that I can see but others couldn't. Some people just don't like them.

@captain-coel said in Pet abilities:

@paparug420 let's not make cosmetic slots required. Pets are annoying at best and just a complete inconvenience at worst.

This right here. I would rather introduce "invisible" pets that I can see but others couldn't. Some people just don't like them.

you've got it right there. You can equip them all for your ark and I can turn em off. THIS SOUNDS AMAZING

• @captain-coel
    Occasionally I say smart things.

• No, that's not fair to players who don't have pets. I wouldn't mind them having just dumb fun abilities like using them like a kite or a drone, controlling them but from your own point of view

Views
windows 10xbox onegeneralquestionmerchandise
1 out of 28