Exploiting matchmaking with low hours alt accounts...

• I'm getting a bit tired of players who have the need of exploting this game. The new faction PvP is lots of fun but up to this point my crew and I have met many crews and even some streamers too that we are quite sure exploits the matchmaking. Some of these crews includes one or two alt accounts which have only few hours of gameplay. I imagine it makes matchmaking unbalanced and these alts are without doubt not new players. The need to cheat and bypass the MMR, just to race your faction reputation up with less sweaty fights, leaves the other losing half stuck without much real progression.

I think new accounts shouldn't be able to jump right into faction PvP, and players should do at least X amount of stuff before they're able to represent a faction.

Views
  • They left the skill out of matching so it doesn't matter anyway.

• @pithyrumble The more you play, the better you get. That's usually how it goes, right?

A crew with total of 10000 hours should be pretty skilled. Now image one or two of these crewmembers create alt accounts, then the total playtime is altered to maybe 4000 hours, but their skillset haven't changed. Isn't that exploiting the matchmaking to avoid getting fights with other crews on the same level?

• The match making isnt based on hours of gameplay.

• @paytwig

I have 100+ days. I am bad at pvp still. I also have an alt account.

MM doesn't consider that right now. Just region, availability, and whether or not you won your last fight.

• @paytwig said in Exploiting matchmaking with low hours alt accounts...:

I think new accounts shouldn't be able to jump right into faction PvP, and players should do at least X amount of stuff before they're able to represent a faction.

This will hurt only actual new players and not alt accounts - they can just join a crew that is about to turn in with a high level emissary and gain levels within a few minutes.

Also, if a new player joins a crew that would mean the whole crew is now prohibited in what they're about to do and would ask the new player to leave the crew.

• What is it the PvP players are always saying?

Ah, yes.

"Git gud".

• @lem0n-curry I doubt most new players want to jump right into faction pvp as the first thing in this game. Also, I never mentioned to base this on get gold / gain emissary level.

• @goldsmen I guess you're right :)

@PithyRumble I guess you're right too :)

• Yea, smurfing/matchmaking is rly bad...
    Me and my crew got into the match with aimbots (not calling them cheaters, but they obviously much more skilled than we are). They spawn killed us for almost 1h (we didn't want to leave because we wanted to improve, but sadly we can't grind 5k+ hours worth of skill in 1h).
    Ok, happened once, not a problem... But next day, same crew, same outcome... Does matchmaking even exist in this new game mode?

Views
1 out of 10