Remove double gunning

• Double gunning is a poison for the game, remove it. This typical situation where you get ganked on by just one guy and spawn kills you for eternity is abysmal, unable to do anything since they just macro a hyper accurate double tap without a flinch of sweat. This is going to ruin the new PVP experience I'm telling you, there's not even a fight in double gunning, you just suffer it. Make it so we can't equid two firearms, end of line. It was a tumor in the game 2 years ago and it still is a tumor, fix it.

Views
  • Never gonna happen to remove the option to equip two guns, but a short delay, like, once you switch a weapon, there's a quick hand turn to inspect the weapon before being able to use it. Would cut out the macro users and cause a lot of rage to the sweaty double gunners. ^_^

• Pretty much nobody that pushes the "double gunner is a problem" narrative is going to see any different results even if the nerf happened.

Skilled players stay skilled, they are still going to board and camp

that's the problem, people don't build up their naval and board defense, they blame the double guns when the pirates never should have been on the boat in the first place.

The best defense against skilled players whether they use 2 guns or not is to sail well and guard ladders well.

Not everyone gets great with gun shooting, many more people will find success working on sailing and guarding ladders. It's far more casual/adventurer friendly than deck fighting in this game and far more effective long term.

• @darkwhip0331 said in Remove double gunning:

Double gunning is a poison for the game, remove it. This typical situation where you get ganked on by just one guy and spawn kills you for eternity is abysmal, unable to do anything since they just macro a hyper accurate double tap without a flinch of sweat. This is going to ruin the new PVP experience I'm telling you, there's not even a fight in double gunning, you just suffer it. Make it so we can't equid two firearms, end of line. It was a tumor in the game 2 years ago and it still is a tumor, fix it.

I don't double gun but I have no problem with it being an option for players.
    I'd rather they leave it in and add the option to double blade......I need me some fast hack n' slash action!

• @darkwhip0331
    Haha sounds like a skill issue to me ngl

• @darkwhip0331 There's a lot of things about this game that SUCKS!! not just the double gunning

• @noxamist
    There already is a delay put in place. People have just found out how to remove that animation. That being said there still is a pause between shots even with the animation gone.

• @wolfmanbush nailed it. Well put.

• This is going to ruin the new PVP experience I'm telling you

It did alright before Season 8....wont change anything afterwards

• It's a sandbox game, the point of a sandbox is to let you whatever you want and that includes using your aiming skills with 2 guns. Most we could get is a re-balance but never a removal

• @darkwhip0331 I vote to remove the sword.. see how that works?

• I vote everyone is forced to carry a sword and two guns.

Make everyone a sweaty double gunning sword lord and no one is a sweaty double gunning sword lord...

• As things currently stand, double gun is the meta, there is a reason why the higher skilled crews are using it. If more are using double gun vs sword + gun, then this shows there is an imbalance in the weapons. Anyone stating it doesn't need changing are gatekeeping there preferred playstyle and don't want to lose the advantage they have.

I don't advocate for removing double gun, its a preferred playstyle but weapon balance needs reviewing.

• Animation cancelling needs removing for a start.
    • Sword block needs to function.
    • Sword damage probably needs a slight buff to counter the blunderbuss ohk. I'd propose increasing damage per hit rather than just flat rate damage to encourage combos and blocking

I'm not 100% on my third point, I think I may be balancing that in my head with animation cancelling double gun. My point is though that many are not using it as it was originally intended with regards to how quickly you can deal damage and heal between shots. The whole animation cancelling is part of the issue with accusations of macro'ing been thrown around. remove that and you remove that major advantage. It needs addressing, especially with season 8 being pvp focussed.

• The game would be better for many players and easier to balance if it had dedicated melee and range weapon slots like games with more entertaining combat (Darktide has been just released - check it out).

• @fuzzypyrate lol like a dagger? Way less damage not as much of a sword lock mechanic but super fast…….. you’ve peaked my interest 😁

• @flickero could you imagine lol I can hear the uninstalls

• @a10dr4651 sword needs a nerf. I say that as a sword user! Also I just want my blunderbuss to work. Does anybody know what allegiance I have to be to unlock live rounds for it? Mine seems to fire blanks only 🤣😂🤣😂

• @a10dr4651 said in Remove double gunning:

As things currently stand, double gun is the meta, there is a reason why the higher skilled crews are using it. If more are using double gun vs sword + gun, then this shows there is an imbalance in the weapons. Anyone stating it doesn't need changing are gatekeeping there preferred playstyle and don't want to lose the advantage they have.

I don't advocate for removing double gun, its a preferred playstyle but weapon balance needs reviewing.

• Animation cancelling needs removing for a start.
    • Sword block needs to function.
    • Sword damage probably needs a slight buff to counter the blunderbuss ohk. I'd propose increasing damage per hit rather than just flat rate damage to encourage combos and blocking

I'm not 100% on my third point, I think I may be balancing that in my head with animation cancelling double gun. My point is though that many are not using it as it was originally intended with regards to how quickly you can deal damage and heal between shots. The whole animation cancelling is part of the issue with accusations of macro'ing been thrown around. remove that and you remove that major advantage. It needs addressing, especially with season 8 being pvp focussed.

The other issue with the game is hit reg is attrocious. And Rare will never fix that either.
    The animation cancelling was already attempted at a nerf years ago. But Rare didn't follow up as people discovered the run cancel animation. And no-scoping EoR still works.
    Macros are being used by sweats too.. Rare isn't tracking or providing Anti-Cheat to actually combat real cheaters.
    Overall, theres no real support from the devs on this front.

And we'll continue to get basically useless comments from the community like 'you'll never see the devs remove the ability to have 2 guns on you' or 'skill players will always be skilled' and lastly the hidden (get gud - written in many different ways here). Its pathetic.

Ive been playing since launch. And the worst players by far are the sweats that double-gun (animation cancel is what we're really talking about), hopping around like frogs, spawn-camping, and when they lose they message you in Xbox chat. They usually have the same patterns of behaviour like trolling in open-mic telling how bad you are or something about your mom.

But I can't blame those players, really. I can only blame the devs and the lack of support. Cause the game is in the worst state it has ever been that even now its hard to tell if you truly died to a skilled player or the poor state of the game..

• @jj-h816 Now I believe that is a skill issue my guy. I'm sure you are also being hitreg'd but I don't think I have issues with my blunder. Could also be lag causing the issue if you are on a distant server for some reason. Maybe if you use a VPN it will cause latency issues idk how VPNs really work to be honest.

• The Devs fixed it in the past but players have worked out how to work around the fix. At the moment with some of the double gunners I have encountered recently it feels like an unpatched exploit.

Views
1 out of 20