Ideas to prolong the life of sea of bones.

• Hello.

I would like to start off by saying that this update as far as im conserned is the most impactful and my favourite update in the game so far. I would really like to keep on playing it months and even years down the road and I have couple of suggestions that I think would keep the playerbase inside of that system healthy.

I think that main 2 factors for that are que times and the reward system.

Im going to start off with the reward system. Even when the current rewards are some of the most well designed cosmetics in the game I am conserned that once people reach that goal they might just yeet. Level 1000 curses are something that only a select few will go after.

To combat this I would like to suggest adding 2 additional lines to the season pass each season. One for reapers side and one for athenas side that would allow you to progress both of the factions each season and earn additional faction based cosmetics.

I think that would accomplish 2 things. First of all it would ease the grind for the curses as there are now side goals. Secondly it would make people repeat that content each season.

Now to address some ideas with the que times.

After certain time period under water (i.e 5minutes) place 2 invading ships that are under water against eachother in a server where there are 2 open spots.

Secondly allowing defenders to vote on the table when they are ready to be invaded sooner so they wouldn't have to wait out the 20 minute global cooldown.

Views
  • @papatankers2041 said in Ideas to prolong the life of sea of bones.:

To combat this I would like to suggest adding 2 additional lines to the season pass each season. One for reapers side and one for athenas side that would allow you to progress both of the factions each season and earn additional faction based cosmetics.

Adding the new factions to the emissary system or something similar sounds like a great idea. Would certainly encourage players to try take part each season.

• @papatankers2041 said in Ideas to prolong the life of sea of bones.:

After certain time period under water (i.e 5minutes) place 2 invading ships that are under water against eachother in a server where there are 2 open spots.

I don’t know if you’re aware, but they already do this! I don’t know if there’s a time requirement to be underwater, but if you’re watching your opponent when you rise and you both are rising out, then that player was also invading. Another way to tell is if the fight is in the middle of the water / an outskirt of the map. Examples can include the top of the map near the coral fortress, or north of smugglers bay, or in the devils roar. If you spawn here you’ll know you’re with another invading ship!

• @dabomb139 said in Ideas to prolong the life of sea of bones.:

@papatankers2041 said in Ideas to prolong the life of sea of bones.:

I don’t know if you’re aware, but they already do this! I don’t know if there’s a time requirement to be underwater, but if you’re watching your opponent when you rise and you both are rising out, then that player was also invading. Another way to tell is if the fight is in the middle of the water / an outskirt of the map. Examples can include the top of the map near the coral fortress, or north of smugglers bay, or in the devils roar. If you spawn here you’ll know you’re with another invading ship!

Didn't know this.

• I haven't looked at a full list of unlockable content but it doesn't seem like much? a ship set, a few cosmetic variations. Out of everything in the game this is the longest grind with the least amount of rewards. Rare has a history of not adding rewards to current content either so seems unlikely they would add more rewards to fill the 1-1000 grind. Instead they tend to only add new cosmetics to expansions so like they might add 5 more things and increase the level cap to 2000 in a few years? I could be mistaken but I think there's more milestone unlocks than there are unlocks from the factions themselves. Kinda of weird too. I imagine a non Pirate legend can unlock all these athena cosmetics from milestones right? Though its so easy to hit PL now.

The match making is already putting 2 invading ships up against each other. I think the issue is finding servers with open slots. I could be mistaken but I think this match making system only puts us on active servers it wont create a whole new server to throw us on to fight it out. That could be creating extended que times since we need to meet 1 of 2 factors. Either a server that doesn't currently have a pvp battle in progress or a server with 2 open slots.

I imagine this system wont allow 2 of these match making pvp battles on the same server as I think that might cause some lag issues.

• I'm pretty sure the idea to prolong the life of Sea of Bones is to add more cosmetics to levels 200-999 once a larger number of players have unlocked up to 200.

Views
1 out of 6