My friends 1st season8 experience after not playing for 4 years

• So he just wanted to check out the PvP system. Asked me how to que. I explained everything to him and that from my experience going on the attack was quicker que times than being on defense. So he que'd up average wait 1-2 minutes. He spent 5 minutes in the tunnel and was like "So I can't do anything but look around?" He gave it the 2 minutes then loaded up a second game and que'd for a match on that game. Got into a match on that game while still in que on SoT. So when the battle finally started he tried to board missed the ladder then just alt F4ed to play the other game which had instant match making... So yea... I had said from the start I thought going on the offensive was kind of flawed with this waiting room which seems like a punishment to invading ships. I get the concept of the Disney tall tale portals allowing us to take loot with us to another server would just lead to people using them as a getaway from pursuing ships. I kind of feel like this would be such a minorly used exploit compared to all the exploits being done to cheat at this PvP system.

To me from the defense perspective I don't know how big of a boost defending your treasure gives you but I imagine its not much greater than offensive streaks I would think it should account for the amount of time you have lost waiting for a match. I have been in que for defense for over 2 hours before. I think as time goes on people are just going to abandon the defense system and just be offensive as there are too many hidden factors to how this match making system works. Like on defensive do we have a base time to give us time to grind PvE so the hourglass value goes up ETC. I know Rare doesn't like to tell us the mechanics of how things work but when it comes to a system like this where we are going to need to sit in a waiting room for potentially hours in the future... This is kind of unacceptable. I guess that's part of the reason you put 2 invaders up against each other if a defender isn't found but obviously needs a lot of work.

Like is it a regional thing? Are we only matched up against people in the same time zone? Cross play on or off obviously is a factor as well. These are things that impact our que times that we aren't aware of that can create a negative experience for players. There should be something else to do that work on AFK milestones. I imagine the amount of time to surface and start the match isn't enough time for grog to wear off either so working on grog milestones would be silly. Though I told my friend about the milestones thing and he was like "Yea don't care about any of that"

Also if you lose a fight we need to either always spawn at an outpost or kick us to the title screen since we will likely just quit out and set sail again anyway because it's quicker than sailing to an outpost to raise an emissary and get supplies. I know kicking a player to the title screen might seem like a harsh punishment for losing but it's just saving us a step.

Views
1 out of 1