Huge disappointment of Season 8

• As I suspected in advance, this is one of the worst updates in a long time.
    Not in terms of gameplay, because the theme is really cool, the naval battles are cool, but in terms of the player community it's the worst!

Didn't Rare learn from their mistakes with the arena? Have they lost their memory? Don't they know that part of the community is extremely toxic and I'm weighing my words? And the wonderful idea they had: leave the voice chat? Sorry, what? So either Rare supports this kind of behaviour, and we joeuurs just have to shut up and make dozens of reports like the nice doggies we are, or Rare realizes that this mode is an open door to the worst of humanity and makes decisions.

I won't even talk about the completely bogus MMR at the time of writing, as a lot of data must undoubtedly be collected in order to have a correct MMR, but the toxicity of the players is unbearable!

I won't talk about the God Mod used by many people who are so bad that they have to cheat to feel strong, because this bug will hopefully be fixed very soon.

But one thing is certain: if it continues like this, Sea of Bones will die just like the arena. And the community has only itself to blame.

Either Rare cleans up its community very quickly, or the game will die! And when I talk about the game, I'm talking about the Sea of Bones PvP mode
    So yes, I'm disappointed, and not just a little.

Don't make me look like a rager, because if hate toxicity is your idea of being a rager, then you're not very smart.

I have more than 6000 hours of play, don't come and give me lessons on how to play, keep these remarks to yourself.

Edit: I could also have mentioned the non-stop spamming of chaos balls in battle, even in arena there was no such thing. But hey, that's part of the game.

Finally the shipfight gameplay has changed and not for the better

Views
    generalcommunity
  • The feature largely caters to content creators and/or very skilled players

The content creators are live which means they aren't going to be violating TOS in any sort of consistent way. They also report constantly more often than not.

Highly skilled players (especially solos) are chill far more often than not.

The feature literally appeals to some of the least likely to be toxic types of people, for different reasons.

Without the shared waiting room design of arena a lot of that drama isn't a part of this content.

• @wolfmanbush So no, this game mode is not just for content creators, or did I miss something? A whole season for a minority of players and leaving a majority behind? Since when?

I fought highly skilled players, NAL players in particular, a great fight, fairplay and above all fun.

• Had tonnes and tonnes of battles and every single one has ended pleasantly with a GG well played. Maybe if you are having a bad experience you could simply disable player Comms?

• @toxie-will-kill So the answer to toxicity is for me to find on my own by preventing me from communicating about a game that is also based on player communication?
    Either you stick your head in the sand or you condone it.
    It's not about how many GGs I can get, how many tons of cool battles I can have, how many bad experiences we can have.
    I remind you that it's not up to us players to manage the community, it's up to Rare!
    If you've experienced the arena, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

• I think the majority of the playerbase are fine who take part in this. There are certainly a select minority though who cause issues and this game mode will make them stand out significantly. Most players will dabble in and out of this game mode but to some regard, I do agree with what you're saying.

I was really hyped for this update but with it being so focused on pvp, it's starting to highlight a lot of issues with the games core with regards to exploits. Most average players don't want to deal with this so will avoid the mode when they can hardly progress. I think a good hard look needs to be done to clean up PvP and shake it up abit.

• @zeyrniyx said in Huge disappointment of Season 8:

So the answer to toxicity is for me to find on my own by preventing me from communicating about a game that is also based on player communication?
    Either you stick your head in the sand or you condone it.
    It's not about how many GGs I can get, how many tons of cool battles I can have, how many bad experiences we can have.
    I remind you that it's not up to us players to manage the community, it's up to Rare!
    If you've experienced the arena, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

They don't have the shared waiting room and the one that loses is merged out

they handled it, now people can use the report button if they encounter a random issue

Nobody can prevent all rule breaking, reporting the incidents is how to handle it.

• @wolfmanbush So that's what I'm saying: it's up to us to make deferrals while ignoring the problem. But that's good. At least we know the future of the mode, history will repeat itself, as always.

• @zeyrniyx said in Huge disappointment of Season 8:

@wolfmanbush So that's what I'm saying: it's up to us to make deferrals while ignoring the problem. But that's good. At least we know the future of the mode, history will repeat itself, as always.

Trying to prevent rule breaking by trying to silence those that have not been shown to have done anything wrong is trying to control people. That doesn't make the content stronger or the seas more friendly or safer.

• @zeyrniyx do I get this right...you complain about toxic people beeing toxic in a video game? You act like you're new to the internet...
    Muting people by default, because they did in Arena? Seriously? It's still adventure mode...if you want to go pvp with the new feature, mute other crews and if you go "normal" adventure un-mute them again
    Really, this seems to me like a "you"-problem

• @wolfmanbush Did I ask to see safer seas in my post? No.
    Did I ask for this mode to change so that it becomes easier? No.

• @schwammlgott I'm sorry? The toxicity I may experience is MY problem? But I'm awake! Are you serious?

• @zeyrniyx sagte in Huge disappointment of Season 8:

@schwammlgott I'm sorry? The toxicity I may experience is MY problem? But I'm awake! Are you serious?

That's what mute options are for...if you don’t use it, it's your problem...you can also mute each person on it's own...see someone you don’t like? Open profile, mute him...

• @schwammlgott But after all, it doesn't matter, let's all be toxic, let's go, we are on an online game, it doesn't matter! Everything's fine in the best of worlds, it's cool.

• @zeyrniyx by the way...you really think arena got closed because of toxic people? I don't think so

• @zeyrniyx in all honesty matey, in reading the posts, I'm not sure what you want?

You want Rare to catch, but shouldn't have to report?
    You want no toxic chat, but won't mute?

Perhaps think about the tone of messages, as telling people how NOT to respond never ends well sadly...

• @zeyrniyx sagte in Huge disappointment of Season 8:

@schwammlgott But after all, it doesn't matter, let's all be toxic, let's go, we are on an online game, it doesn't matter! Everything's fine in the best of worlds, it's cool.

Just because others are, you don’t need to follow...but do as you wish...I won't stop you

• @schwammlgott a dit dans Huge disappointment of Season 8 :

@zeyrniyx by the way...you really think arena got closed because of toxic people? I don't think so

The closing of the arena is due to the fact that only 2% of the total playing time is available.
    Thank you I know that. I was there, before, during and after the arena.
    I'm talking about the arena for a very simple reason: the voice chat had to be deactivated because of the toxicity of the players, true or false?
    On the other hand, if only 2% of the overall game time is because of what do you think?

Don't put words in my mouth, don't mix my words to suit your opinion.

• Ahoy @zeyrniyx !

We try to encourage natural discussion on the Forums and, while we understand your intent is to leave feedback, posts such as these can be seen as antagonising and do nothing to contribute to the discussion and tend to lead to negative sentiment towards other groups of players.

Please rest assured that our team is aware of the all the issues you are concerned about and is working to resolve them in the nearest future.

That said I will be dropping anchor here.

Thanks!

Views
generalcommunity
1 out of 19