Stevens spoils Merrick Replacement

• Hi there, I know that this isn't on the top of the priority list with all of the season 8 things ya'll have to do (pvp on demand has been great btw and the new curses look fab) but I've noticed that after a long session of fishing at a sea fort and cooking my meat, I go to Stevens spoils and am let down by the fact that there still isn't a replacement for Merrick on Stevens spoils, which is a big inconvenience for other hunter's call members I'm sure. In terms of lore options I'm not sure, the Hunter's call family seem a bit stretched thin as it is, perhaps you could add a Dog or Cat NPC to the sea post and it can give coin and rep in exchange for our food. It'd just be handy to have a hunters call member to sell to at the sea post again.

Other ideas on a possible npc to replace Merrick's post on the sea-post. a cat with a sack of gold sitting next to it (it scratches you if you try to take the gold, so you have to give her your fish first)

a Mer-man trying a carnivorous diet

On the sentimental side, an alter to our fallen hunter, where you leave fish by his cauldron as offerings.

Would love to hear other's ideas for Merrick replacements on the sea post.

Views
  • I don't think merrick should be replaced by an another representetive. Forgetting about him and his whole arc like that would be bad in my opinion.

Also, since lore wise, the death reason and the rescue mission was kept a secret and many think "he just did not manage to return home" (twitter post), people are proably suspicious about Stephen. Especially considering his past record of uhhh... Brutality.

But, I would not mind if we got a dog there. The K9 dog even. It witnessed Merrick getting murdered, so it would be fitting.

When you sell meat, It gives reputation but no gold. It also does not accept any "non meat" hunters call "loot" like mermaid gems.

I would actually love that.

• Agreed completely. I don't even stop at Stephen Spoils anymore. Its frustrating to not have it as an option anymore when I want to sell fish along my routes. The seaports were all nicely situated on the map.

Views
1 out of 3