Game stuttering (micro-lag)

• I was incredibly hyped by my new config and by the idea of playing with a nice and constant 144 fps. However, it appears that my game is very (very) often lagging.
    It's not like a big lag every 15min but one very quick fps drop (almost freezing the screen) for a few frames every 1 to 2 min. Which makes playing pvp almost impossible.
    This happens no matter the quality and Sea of Thieves seems to be the only game impacted.

Here is my setup:

• MSI B560 Tomahawk
    • Ryzen 7700X
    • RAM: 2x16Go 5600MHz
    • SSD NVMe PCIe 4.0 firecuda 530 1To
    • AMD Radeon RX 6800

If you have any idea, I had be glad to hear them!

Views
  • This seems to happen every update for some people.

I've been getting some lag, I watched a streamer yesterday that appeared to have those short fps drops

yeah that kind of stuff is super frustrating during pvp

• It's happening to a lot of us. It's only some fights.

• I get near some boats (very few actually) and around 5 ship-lengths from them and I get the stutter, is it from trinkets or boat decorations?

• I've hade the same problem since I upgraded from an RX 480 to an RX 6800 XT.
    Stutters and frame-drops whenever anything hectic is going on or just running about.
    Seems to happen more frequently when actually using the mouse or keyboard and not when standing still.

• I guess there is nothing that could be done on the user side then...

Thanks anyway to anyone who has responded.

• @blattepython460 said in Game stuttering (micro-lag):

I guess there is nothing that could be done on the user side then...

Thanks anyway to anyone who has responded.

Restart game fixes temporarily

• @dbflx unfortunately, that does not work for me.
    I think it's linked to amd's drivers for the RX 6800... It's the only reason I can think of to explain that.
    On another computer with an RTX 3600 (portable), it works flawlessly.
    However, SOT seems to be the only game impacted, which is kinda odd ...

Views
7 out of 8