Disappearing loot in season 8 PVP game mode

• I have noticed that everytime that I am diving with loot on my ship looking for a battle, the loot on board the ship disappears. I don't think this is supposed to happen, and it's also kind of bad because this makes matchmaking less attractive for those who want to earn more gold (me included).

Views
  • @addeknight When you choose to dive by voting on the War Map, it is essentially the same as using a Portal and as such, all loot is removed as intended.

• @addeknight it is 100% meant to happen that when you dive with loot that you lose it, otherwise you would be able to escape any conflict by diving if you just have a bit of range on someone.

The loot hoarding system is for defenders (pirates voting on the hourglass but not the map) if they have a lot of loot on board they get increased reputation for their chosen faction. Plus the hourglass value they gaun for sinking the opposing ship

• @triheadedmonkey Yes but there is a bug that you can see on reddit of the loot being deleted without even diving. https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/z3hsxy/uhhhh_i_guess_no_loot_for_us/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

The only issue I see here is they unrolled the map. They hadn't voted to dive though so perhaps something about just unrolling the map or having it unrolled for a certain amount of time deleted the loot. Map being open or closed shouldn't matter if you don't vote. This whole not wanting to let people take treasure with them seems silly. Defending ships always having to protect their loot haul from invading ships coming in with nothing but a potential commendation and kill count. I am certain they will nerf the gold from this mode too despite the gold pretty much being meaningless.

• @magus104 Best place to report this is as a bug via a support ticket.

Be sure to be as descriptive and give as much info as possible.

There is an option in the drop-down menu for either Live or Insider specific bugs.

• @triheadedmonkey Okay so it's supposed to happen, but I find it kind of bad. If you're able to carry supply crates when server hopping then the same should be with loot, what else is the point with a treasure grade if you just lose it when doing a matchmaking, I can understand that others can attack my ship but it makes it more limited with the pvp.

• @addeknight said in Disappearing loot in season 8 PVP game mode:

@triheadedmonkey Okay so it's supposed to happen, but I find it kind of bad. If you're able to carry supply crates when server hopping then the same should be with loot, what else is the point with a treasure grade if you just lose it when doing a matchmaking, I can understand that others can attack my ship but it makes it more limited with the pvp.

Don't want this to be used to escape from others with your loot.

The treasure grade is for defenders and if you invade someone with treasure and win, you get their loot.

If you want to invade but have treasure, just sell before you dive.

Views
1 out of 7