New PvP interaction (using hourglass)

• My son and I wanted to try PvP, I decided to do it. We won the first game. I think the guy quit bailing and accepted his fate...

The 2nd time we had a random gallon interfere and it became 2v1. My son and I were the 1...

My son as some people know is 7. We did ok against a master crew at 1v1.

He repaired/bailed. I shot like hellfire.

But once that 2nd ship got involved that was too much. We lost.

I decided until that level of malarkey is involved is stopped, or reduced to an insignificant level (non-existent) my son and I can't take the chance of being blindsided by other players in game.

Views
    windows 10xbox onefeedbackcompetitionevents
  • I hate to disappoint but this is not only perfectly acceptable behavior but encouraged. There are no "rules of engagement" on the waves, just you, your crew, and your skills as sailors. It sounds like you got excellent practice at dealing with multiple opponents.

• @blam320 said in New PvP interaction (using hourglass):

I hate to disappoint but this is not only perfectly acceptable behavior but encouraged. There are no "rules of engagement" on the waves, just you, your crew, and your skills as sailors. It sounds like you got excellent practice at dealing with multiple opponents.

When you are put into matchmaking. No it is not. If this was on the seas and you found someone, then I would agree, but that is not the case of what we were told.

We were told we would be matched with people and transported to fight.

In that case it should be in an arena not in the open ocean.

• But once that 2nd ship got involved that was too much. We lost.

Just like if you were sailing around normally. Started a fight with one ship and another joined.

This. Isn’t. Arena.
    Open world adventure. Even a skeleton ship can join the fight!

• @imperatormorsus It will match you against an even opponent but you're still in the open world which means other players can sail in and choose to engage either ship.

• @burnbacon then PvP hasn't changed and this is an even worse variation of it.

• @imperatormorsus
    You did not opt into a fair 1v1 fight.
    That's not what the hourglass does, that's not what it's intended to do, and it's not what Rare is trying to make anyone think.

Using the hourglass and the invader map is opting in you having your ship relocated near another ship, instead of having to manually search for people, while remaining fully subject to anything and everything adventure can offer.
    That includes PvE attacks of megs, skelly's, and krakens, that includes storms and active volcanoes, and yes, it includes the other 4 ships on a server.
    The main difference now is when you find another ship you're actually liable to get a fight, instead of just finding a parked unmanned sloop of some solo that's in a cave unable to defend.

• @imperatormorsus

It's not that bad. Life lessons in being a gracious loser. Even when it wasn't fair. MM needs some time to balance and sort everyone still. Plus you still get rep if you're attacking and lose.

It's SoT... of course there's underhanded shenanigans 😋

• @pithyrumble said in New PvP interaction (using hourglass):

@imperatormorsus

It's not that bad. Life lessons in being a gracious loser. Even when it wasn't fair. MM needs some time to balance and sort everyone still. Plus you still get rep if you're attacking and lose.

It's SoT... of course there's underhanded shenanigans 😋

I can u understand to an extent. But they literally had arenas, they found have re-used those for this event. It would make it more challenging overall.

And I am willing to accept a loss in pvp if it's against the person attacking first and foremost, not against some rube that decided to stick their nose in where it didn't need to be.

• @imperatormorsus

90% of SoT is going where you shouldn't and getting into trouble.

• @pithyrumble maybe that is an indication of a bigger problem?

• @imperatormorsus said in New PvP interaction (using hourglass):

@pithyrumble maybe that is an indication of a bigger problem?

I think that's part of the charm. "F around and find out" doesn't always have to be a negative thing. Think of ways to put yourself at an advantage. Blow your ship up yourself a few times. Why? Why not! We're told in a Tall Tale not to mess with a skeleton lord (Briggsy) and then immediately go poke her with a stick.

The "spirit" of the game is shenanigans.

• @pithyrumble said in New PvP interaction (using hourglass):

@imperatormorsus said in New PvP interaction (using hourglass):

@pithyrumble maybe that is an indication of a bigger problem?

I think that's part of the charm. "F around and find out" doesn't always have to be a negative thing. Think of ways to put yourself at an advantage. Blow your ship up yourself a few times. Why? Why not! We're told in a Tall Tale not to mess with a skeleton lord (Briggsy) and then immediately go poke her with a stick.

The "spirit" of the game is shenanigans.

If you are going to define the direction of the server, I think if we are going to have hourglass PVP, noncombatants (other players) that see it go on, shouldn't be able to interfere... because they are by proxy choosing a side without the consequences attached to it.

Views
windows 10xbox onefeedbackcompetitionevents
1 out of 13