Guide - Reduce/Stop Rubber Banding and Latency

• I always thought rubber banding and latency was just due to being in Australia, but I have found a fix to my issue, and hopefully yours.

Step 1: We need to test if the issue is on your end, Open cmd (Win + R and type cmd) > type: ping 8.8.8.8 -t look at the time= section, if at any point you see spikes, there is a problem on your end, if you do this while in sea of thieves, you might notice rubber banding during these spikes.

Step 2 (Only for ethernet - optional): If you are using ethernet you can take another measure to check if it's your computer or your modem/internet provider. If you're using wi-fi we have to assume it's computer specific. Warning before you do this take a picture of Step 2. Windows > hold shift while clicking restart > troubleshoot > startup settings > restart once in the boot mode screen Press f5 to select, "Safe Mode with Networking" sign in to your computer and Open cmd > type: ping 8.8.8.8 -t again and see if the issues are gone if you see a reduction in timing or it's completely gone then it is your computer, if not, unfortunately I don't know how to solve it.

Step 3: go to Settings > Update & Security > Advanced options > Delivery Optimization > Turn off "Allow downloads from other PCs" > restart your computer. This by itself can fix or reduce latency. I would still recommending doing step 4 even if this has fixed the issue.

Step 4: Stop any cloud based services like OneDrive and adobe while playing. (You need to close adobe creative cloud with task manager). I close everything but the essentials when I'm playing as random programs can be updating and syncing with online services when playing. Other launchers like epic games and vanguard can also cause latency issues. You can see these "Hidden" programs by opening the tray which is the little ^ icon on the right hand side of the taskbar. Just be sure not to close things like Nvidea, Intel, AMD or any of the essential programs on your computer.

I hope I have helped or even fixed your issue!

Views
windows 10general
1 out of 1