Big Update Coming, But !! What About Hackers !!!!!!!!!!

• I stopped Playing this game cuz of some hackers, i came back a week ago and there's More Hackers !!! how come!! how can i report them!! for example, a Galleon is shooting us from far away with a damn aim bot and what i heard they could customize where exactly they want shoot with their aim bot and they keep shooting with Blunderbomb to get damage and get kicked from our ship and sometimes we sunk cuz of that Lol , how am gonna know his name? shot myself with a cannon ? ok i board into his ship, which one of the 4 members the hack is ? also if i tried to board their ship they will shoot me inside the Water before coming to their ship !!! why its so difficult with such a big game has no ANTI CHEAT ? Seriously why ? im so hyped for the new update especially the PVP, but disappointed when i remember Hackers

Views
  • @sir-l0rd The game already has an anti-cheat in place and hackers are a rare occurrence. If you suspect a player of cheating you can report them here:

/end thread

• Series S + console preferred = no modders!

• @dlchief58 how come !! how am gonna know which of the 4 members is the hacker if they r shooting from far away ? also if i tried to board their ship they will shoot me inside the Water before coming to their ship !!!

• if people thought there were a lot of accusations of cheating before

just wait for pvp on demand in adventure mode

• What about hackers? do your best to report them.

• During the livestream today, they talked about the dive mechanic and the extra work that went into it. One thing they mentioned, almost in passing, is that the matchmaking will be skill-based. This should alleviate most people's concerns (valid or otherwise.)

A hacker's stats will be easier to spot on a ranked matchmaking system and Rare can take action. Or if they appear to just be "elite" then, regardless, most players won't get matched with hackers anyways because of those stats.

Hackers will end up fighting hackers or other elites and weed themselves out. It's a self fixing problem.

• I stopped Playing this game cuz of some hackers, i came back a week ago and there's More Hackers !!!

Again, for starters. It Mods not hacks.
    If someone was really hacking, you be seeing a pirate doing much more than silly stuff. Wearing a npc as a costume for example. So please kids, stop saying Hacks when it Mods. (Mods only affect the user not the game)

a Galleon is shooting us from far away with a damn aim bot and what i heard they could customize where exactly they want shoot with their aim bot and they keep shooting with Blunderbomb to get damage and get kicked from our ship and sometimes we sunk cuz of that

1. Some people have good aim, not that difficult. Good practice.
    2. If they werent shooting bananas or Kegs, I say heresay
    3. Blunderbombs do damage and knock you off your ship. It what they are for.
    4. It gets confusing. Galleon with four cannons, shooting all at once. Sometimes you cant tell what is hitting you.

how am gonna know his name? shot myself with a cannon ? ok i board into his ship, which one of the 4 members the hack is

Report the whole Crew I say. All are at fault for allowing and playing with player.

also if i tried to board their ship they will shoot me inside the Water before coming to their ship

okie..and? Didnt know you could shoot in and out of water or something?

One thing they mentioned, almost in passing, is that the matchmaking will be skill-based.

hahaha...not gonna work I say.

• @sir-l0rd [mod edit]

It's always odd to me how people have these specific examples of uncommon things

like the deep in the water shooting thing, why are people always deep in the water lol? I've fought literally thousands and thousands of times and almost all of the time I was deep in the water was a glitch/bug.

Just always stuck out to me as an odd thing in these "cheating is rampant" type of posts.

Not many situations where deep in the water makes much sense yet it so often is in these threads.

The large majority of under water action is within skill range for the pirates that regularly hit their shots. I dunno where all of this deep water action is happening or why it would be happening. It's the sort of detail that causes me to think that these anecdotes are more of shared narrative pushing than commonly experienced examples.

• @sir-l0rd [Mod Edit]

2 Questions!

1. Do you have proof that they were cheating?
    2. If so, why did you not report them?

People can see you under the water, its not super clear, but you can be seen still, especially with lower water qualities, so if that is your basis for the supposed cheating, then thats not a very solid proof.

• @goldsmen u asking for proof ? OMG some guys asking questions with 0 IQ after what i explained .. im gonna make it clear for the last time, If u r deep deep in the water they should'nt seen u, most of them they shoot cannon balls and blunderbomb from far away with their aimbot its HARD trust me , even if i tried to fight them they will kill me before getting to them to see their names to report, do u Understand now ?

• @wolfmanbush so do i need to be sweaty to get their names ? how about new players ?

• most of the comment are saying its ur fault not to be sweaty to get their names and report them , instead of blaming the game anti cheat system

/ End of discussion

• @sir-l0rd said in Big Update Coming, But !! What About Hackers !!!!!!!!!!:

@goldsmen u asking for proof ? OMG some guys asking questions with 0 IQ after what i explained .. im gonna make it clear for the last time, If u r deep deep in the water they should'nt seen u, most of them they shoot cannon balls and blunderbomb from far away with their aimbot its HARD trust me , even if i tried to fight them they will kill me before getting to them to see their names to report, do u Understand now ?

My guy, im saying that if you have proof, then provide it to rare rather than complaining about it on the forums. Even still if you are deep... considering i dont know what you call deep, people can still see you. If you dont have actual concrete proof of your claims though, because just stating "this happened to me!" is not proof, then literally nothing will be done about it, because nothing CAN be done about it.

As a side note, in future posts, its best to refrain from saying that people are dumb in any way, be it directly or saying 0 iq. Disrespect wont get anyone to take your side on any matters.

• I think the best part of hackusations on these forums and everywhere...99%+ of them never bother to collect evidence or provide proof of these stories.

Of all the battles I've been in on the seas, I've not once suspected a hacker...and if I did, I'd be collecting/reporting.

I hate to attribute it to a skill issue, but with no video evidence, it just comes off as a wildly exaggerated story about an L that was taken.

• @sweetsandman Indeed, they say what they think was hacking as if their word alone is proof, then when its not accepted as proof because people can misunderstand a situation, or in some cases could even lie, they just double down that word alone is proof.

Companies cant afford to ban on word alone because if the person was wrong or did lie, then an innocent person is going to be livid, and a bad reputation for the company will grow.

• @dlchief58 said in Big Update Coming, But !! What About Hackers !!!!!!!!!!:

@sir-l0rd The game already has an anti-cheat in place and hackers are a rare occurrence. If you suspect a player of cheating you can report them here:

/end thread

Did you really just day there is an anti cheat then proceed to tell him he has to report the cheater?

Wow just wow.

• @sweetsandman @GoldsMen @HadToDoIt with no disrespect, still u making no points, instead of saying yea its true a big game like SOT should have a better anti cheat system, but u all want the player work hard to report them, if the player didnt or couldnt give a proof, it means let the hackers do what they want

for real i had enough talking, cuz still some comments blaming the player not the game for not improving the anti cheat system cuz i played this game more than 3 years and i love it and my job to care about these things to fix the problem and have more new players with Fair PVP

• @sir-l0rd SOT has an anti-cheat. We don't exactly know what it is, but Rare has said that there are measures in place and they have even enhanced them recently.

If you're saying Rare is lying, well then that's a different topic that I'm not interested in participating in.

Bear in mind...even AAA FPS games with the best anti-cheat measures in place...they still have hackers and cheaters

The presence of an anti-cheat does not mean they will not exist.

@sweetsandman @GoldsMen @HadToDoIt with no disrespect, still u making no points, instead of saying yea its true a big game like SOT should have a better anti cheat system, but u all want the player work hard to report them, if the player didnt or couldnt give a proof, it means let the hackers do what they want

for real i had enough talking, cuz still some comments blaming the player not the game for not improving the anti cheat system cuz i played this game more than 3 years and i love it and my job to care about these things to fix the problem and have more new players with Fair PVP

The point isnt if it could do with better anti cheat or not, its that the claims you have made are only that from our perspective, "claims", we cant know from just word alone if who you said to be cheating, was actually cheating. I have seen plenty of claims in any pvp game that "person is cheating!" and they absolutely wernt.

• @goldsmen

I have seen plenty of claims in any pvp game that "person is cheating!" and they absolutely wernt.

This x1000

I've been accused of cheating and been told I'm being reported numerous times in SOT for it.

I'm on Xbox 😅

• You can’t be bothered to record and report this so called cheating, but you have the time to post on the forums with accusation and name calling?

Someone thinking someone else is cheating doesn't make it a fact which means it should not be treated as if it is a fact.

"Sot has more cheating than ever" "Sot has a lot of cheating" these are not narratives based in fact these are assumptions, opinions, and possibly exaggerations.

A just system within a community is based on evidence and proof and a fair and consistent examination of the incident and evidence.

Until it is determined that someone is using cheats they are not guilty of wrongdoing. If they are found to be guilty of using cheats it's only that individual and that specific incident, one person being guilty doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the community and doesn't indicate that others are guilty as well.

• @sammyr0cks said in Big Update Coming, But !! What About Hackers !!!!!!!!!!:

You can’t be bothered to record and report this so called cheating, but you have the time to post on the forums with accusation and name calling?

Yo. This.

But anywho Anticheat works fine. I never encounter cheaters.
    I rarely encounter anyone 😆

• @pithyrumble said in Big Update Coming, But !! What About Hackers !!!!!!!!!!:

Series S + console preferred = no modders!

@burnbacon said in Big Update Coming, But !! What About Hackers !!!!!!!!!!:

I stopped Playing this game cuz of some hackers, i came back a week ago and there's More Hackers !!!

Again, for starters. It Mods not hacks.
    If someone was really hacking, you be seeing a pirate doing much more than silly stuff. Wearing a npc as a costume for example. So please kids, stop saying Hacks when it Mods. (Mods only affect the user not the game)

Mods are non-illegal community made DLC for games that support modding. Modders are people who create them.

What the OP is describing are cheaters who use cheats that are made by hackers (Granted, the OP most likely just encountered good players and accused them of cheating).

Not sure where you got this misinformation. It's pretty rude to modding communities who do years of hard work for free to be conflated with cheaters in this way.

• @sammyr0cks if i have the chance i would do it, but as i said i couldnt sorry im not sweaty, also u u cant be bothered to blame the game

• @wolfmanbush Someone thinking someone else is cheating doesn't make it a fact ? nah i wasn't thinking, i was sure LOL

@wolfmanbush Someone thinking someone else is cheating doesn't make it a fact ? nah i wasn't thinking, i was sure LOL

Yes, according to your word, you are sure, but without proof, no one but your self can be sure, so nothing can be done about it.

All that any of us are saying is you need to record proof, and once you have done that, report it to rare and show them, even if they dont get the names, they could at the very least have insight into finer details of the issue.

• @sir-l0rd Simply put, arguing that you are personally sure about what you saw, with people who cant be sure, on the forums wont help the issue.

• The game is wild and complex enough most could not simply know who is hacking unless it is obvious (most of them will not flaunt it). One example, I have a lot of loot on my boat and hacker Joe can see it across the map with his ESP then he can sink me with his medium level skills (or no skills—if he see's me solo on the opposite side of the island from my boat) and I'd never know he was any different from anyone else. Each account that uses a hack should get red flags on their account from the injections. Rare could in theory easily just ban all these red flagged accounts. The idea that we are the police of the seas is not reliable nor good enough on its own.

For the doubters—is anyone old enough to remember the Warden software? It sparked some hot debates a long time ago but we all learned that when you play online games these companies see everything.

• They For the most part don't exist.
    I got 300 days played maybe seen 2

• @mintharp184509 said in Big Update Coming, But !! What About Hackers !!!!!!!!!!:

@burnbacon

And anyone else who wants proof..

[Mod edit]

So thankful I play on console.

This is what I bring up regularly in these types of threads

People from twitch chats pushing the narrative of regular cheating based on targeted gameplay

The reason people like me who have played more than most streamers in sot don't see these things is because it's targeted. Nobody is going to spend their time chasing me around or anyone like me, people that aren't targets with social currency attached to the drama.

There is nothing to suggest more cheating by a well known streamer getting targeted for content/reactions/attention.

Views
1 out of 75