Your journey. Small forum survey.

• Hey pirates, I thought it would be interesting to compare our adventures in sea of thieves and what pirates enjoy most!

Where are you from and how old are you?

How long are you playing sea of thieves?

How many hours you have in this game?

How do you play this game? Solo/Duo/Crew/Open Crew/Discord LFG/Alliance servers?

Your faction reputation levels?

What was your favorite(most common) activity when you started playing?

What is your favorite(most common) activity now?

If you could add/remove one thing from Sea of Thieves, what would it be?

Looking forward to your replies, thought would be interesting to get to know every pirates life on the forums. (Apologies if this is a wrong section, was not sure where to put this)

Views
  • Where are you from and how old are you?
    I live in UK. I'm 32.
    Since 2020
    How do you play this game? Solo/Duo/Crew/Open Crew/Discord LFG/Alliance servers?
    Solo (mainly), but sometimes Duo,Crew and now even trying the Alliance servers.
    69 Reapers, 40 Hunters Call, 27 Athenas the rest are maxed.
    Shipwrecks and X marks the spot voyages. Also everything that I came across in the seas.
    Solo Athena pt1 pt2 of the veil voyage. rinse repeat..
    Add - more content, more voyages, PVP mode for gun play, more faction reputation levels.
    Remove - Nothing, but I would change the way the mobs spawn. I would like them to make sense instead of having everything available fighting you non stop.

• No! Don't answer! It could be a phishing scam! 😅

• @galactic-geek Phishing scam? I'm here for your souls!

But honestly, just curious how is everyone's journey in sea of thieves, how similar/different we all are, what people like doing most. I don't know just thought would be fun, such things were quite popular 10 years ago :D

• @zig-zag-ltu said in Your journey. Small forum survey.:

Hey pirates, I thought it would be interesting to compare our adventures in sea of thieves and what pirates enjoy most!

Alright, I'll bite.

Florida, and old enough.

5 years - since the technical alpha; I have the Brave Vanguard sails and title to prove it.

A lot - certainly more than most.

Mostly solo, but prefer (skilled) crews.

All max, except for Athena, which is 20+ something or other.

Staying away from active forts.

Enjoying the scenery.

Hit-registration issues.

Looking forward to your replies, thought would be interesting to get to know every pirates life on the forums. (Apologies if this is a wrong section, was not sure where to put this)

You'll figure it out. 😉

• Sure, why not?

@zig-zag-ltu said in Your journey. Small forum survey.:

Western North Carolina in the Appalachian Mountains (yeah, we got Internet up here too!). Older than most here, quite possibly younger than others.

Since December 2021

About 750

Solo or duo/trio with my kids

Max in the Easy Three, 30 Hunter’s Call/17 Athena/46 Reapers

OOS voyages

Depends on the day; I get on a kick where I’ll just do skelly fleets/ships for awhile then move on to Athena voyages or some set of commendations or just sail around and do whatever pops up. Pretty much always do a skelly sloop, meg, or Kraken if one appears.

Honestly pretty happy with the experience as it is (bugs notwithstanding, of course). I would add an option for a more targeted opt-in PvP experience so I could practice when the mood hits without having to engage unwilling crews. I’d take out social media-based “Mysteries” and Adventures that seem almost designed for griefing. Hmm, guess I’d also add individual skelly ship spawns even when the fleet is active.

• Alright, this might be fun.

1. Slovenia and 25 years of age.

2. I started around August 2020 and played until May 2021 with several month breaks in between. Recently jumped back into the game and have been playing it semi-regularly for a month now.

3. 112 hours.

4. Mostly solo, sometimes duo with the only two people who want to play with me. Tried Open Crew but it was abysmal more often than not.

5. Hoarders 51, Souls 50, Merchants 46, Reapers 27, Hunters 17.

6. PvE and Arena.

7. PvE since Arena's dead.

8. You can probably guess from my forum history what that might be.

• This doesnt seem like a thread to the feedback + suggestions forum.

• @i-jusa-i said in Your journey. Small forum survey.:

This doesnt seem like a thread to the feedback + suggestions forum.

Yeah was not sure where to put this, feedback felt the most relative sub topic. If there is a better place, I'd appreciate the mods migrating it there.

• Where are you from and how old are you? USA east coast

How long are you playing sea of thieves? 5 years

How many hours you have in this game? No idea

How do you play this game? Solo/Duo/Crew/Open Crew/Discord LFG/Alliance servers? 90% of the time 4-man galleon crew. Discord.

Your faction reputation levels? Max in all except HC and Athenas.

What was your favorite(most common) activity when you started playing? World events/Adventure/PVP

What is your favorite(most common) activity now? World events/Adventure/PVP

If you could add/remove one thing from Sea of Thieves, what would it be? I'd add a DanBeardLuff easter egg : ), oh and hook ya boi up with them deckhand sails!

Finland, 41 years old, so probably older than average on this forum. :/

Since day one... Never actually had a pause, so yeah i stuck by the game during the hard times... older pirates know what im talking about.

Oh dear, way too many hours. The Xbox app says, 65days, 6hours and some minutes.

Mainly with 3-4 friends, we are an old crew that try to find time to do some pirating in the middle of life.

Max in all except Athena (almost level 27, but I/we do not want to grind it, it will slowly get there by playing the game).

Everything really.

Ship battles mainly, but i also love adventures and general social playing. We do not sink everyone if they are fun to communicate with. Sadly many shoot first and we have to sink them. :(

More cosmetics really, real ones not recolourings. And more new Tall Tales and lore expanding stuff, (that you do not have to do 5 times, once with some book collecting is enough.)

I'm from Belgium. 35 years old.

Since the Steam release (so summer 2020).

Around a 1000.

I played the first 150h solo. Nowadays I mainly play with friends I made through the game either in Sloop / brig / Galleon with still the occasional soloplay.

Maxed out everything except Athena (Lvl 17).

GH Vaults and Flameheart Event.

Reaper event farming.

Server hopping (for both PvP and Alliance servers creation).

• If you could add/remove one thing from Sea of Thieves, what would it be?

Creatively it's up to them, it's their project. I disagree with a lot of direction based on effect to the environment and I voice that in relevant spaces but it's not my baby. I wouldn't remove anything they want in their world.

I'd add a bow

If I could wave the magic wand and add something significant I'd flood this game with random organic activity again to space out the contrived cliquishness that adventure has become in the game. Over time the organic adventure environment has gone from feeling like being a drop in the sea to feeling like a goldfish brought home from a fair and plopped in a little aquarium.

• @wolfmanbush I honestly would not mind a Bow, I always use them in games, would remind me of my days playing skyrim too^^ but they seem a bit from a previous era to pirates, what would you think if they added a crossbow? Kind of has that pirate feel to it imo and balancing it would feel more natural.

Imagine having a bow and only carrying 5 arrows - you must be an elf! xD

• @zig-zag-ltu said in Your journey. Small forum survey.:

@wolfmanbush I honestly would not mind a Bow, I always use them in games, would remind me of my days playing skyrim too^^ but they seem a bit from a previous era to pirates, what would you think if they added a crossbow? Kind of has that pirate feel to it imo and balancing it would feel more natural.

Imagine having a bow and only carrying 5 arrows - you must be an elf! xD

I'd go longbow all day every day for my play style and preferences

• I am the ancient mariner. 47. English expat in America.
    Xbox. Many many hours....
    Pirate Legend for a long time. I'm not captain of the killer whale yet tho. Started when there were only bananas to eat.
    Sailed solo on a brig until legend... because I was bilge at killing other players and wary of making a fool of myself.
    Now sail with a crew. I am still bilge at killing other players but don't give 2 grogs about it.
    The artwork is still breathtaking after 3ishyrs and every voyage is full of irl out -loud laughter
    The only thing I would add maybe would be a 'wait for me' phrase on the chat wheel... oh and I'd like to hear Sandra tell me I'd better know what I want just one more time before I eventually take that ultimate oneway ferry ride

I'm from one of the Dakota's in the Midwest United States and am over 30 years old.

I have played since launch, but took a break for Seasons 2 and 3. Came back in Season 4 and have been playing regularly ever since. Part of the reason I took a break was that I was on the Xbox One and loading times were just far too slow for me. I got a Series X in Season 4 and the quicker load times made me want to play again.

I have almost 26 days played in the game. 620 hours.

I pretty much always play solo. I will occasionally jump onto LFG if I have a longer session I can play, but now with Captained ships I feel like I won't be able to progress my ship if I do that, so I pretty much play solo.

75 in OoS and GH, 74 in MA, 17 in Athena, 52 in Reaper's, 24 in Hunter's Call.

I loved Skull Forts (that's all there was in the beginning) and OoS bounty voyages.

Most often I am doing Legend of the Veil to up my Athena rep and emissary ledger. I also recently grinded 50 Ghost Captain Skulls to get the Ghost Captain sails, and the Legends of the Sea for Umbra's tattoos. I still need Glitterbeard's final journal, but with things the way they are now it's hard to get...

I'm not sure! I think maybe adding more interesting ways to damage PvE enemies would be fun. When I am soloing a FOF, the bullet-sponge of the big enemies gets...tedious. If there were certain small puzzles to solve or little risk vs reward things to try to get increased damage, I think that could be fun! Other than that, I think they do a great job at the game and enjoy all the added content. Maybe just a music box on my sloop.

• @danbeardluff said in Your journey. Small forum survey.:

Where are you from and how old are you? USA east coast

How do you play this game? Solo/Duo/Crew/Open Crew/Discord LFG/Alliance servers? 90% of the time 4-man galleon crew. Discord.

What was your favorite(most common) activity when you started playing? World events/Adventure/PVP

If you could add/remove one thing from Sea of Thieves, what would it be? I'd add a DanBeardLuff easter egg : ), oh and hook ya boi up with them deckhand sails!

If I had answered using your format, I would have reversed the bold to the questions rather than the answers, and put the answers on the next line directly below. Pretty much looking something like this:

Florida, and old enough.

5 years - since the technical alpha; I have the Brave Vanguard sails and title to prove it.

Enjoying the scenery.

Hit-registration.

• Where are you from and how old are you? - Sydney, 32

How long are you playing sea of thieves? Since Alpha, took a break when they added the plunder pass system due to RL things got back start of S7

How many hours you have in this game? Around 15-16K hours at this point.

How do you play this game? Solo/Duo/Crew/Open Crew/Discord LFG/Alliance servers? Solo when I sloop, hop into the official and community discords when looking for crew for my galleon.

Your faction reputation levels? GH/OOS/MA/Bones - 75, HC/Seadogs - 50, Athena - 30

What was your favorite(most common) activity when you started playing? Just sailing about.

What is your favorite(most common) activity now? Same as previous just sailing about but with the main goal of getting the shrouded ghost kill.

If you could add/remove one thing from Sea of Thieves, what would it be? More region variety and procedural island generation when using the shroud to explore further out from the main map area's. As for removal.. the ability of skeleton ships to spam curse balls or allow others to be uncurse versions when the intial curse one is hit ie like with the anchor ball the first hit drops it the second raises it, this needs to apply to sail balls so you can't just get locked as a solo.

• @th3xr34p3r said in Your journey. Small forum survey.:

Where are you from and how old are you? - Sydney, 32

How long are you playing sea of thieves? Since Alpha, took a break when they added the plunder pass system due to RL things got back start of S7

How do you play this game? Solo/Duo/Crew/Open Crew/Discord LFG/Alliance servers? Solo when I sloop, hop into the official and community discords when looking for crew for my galleon.

Your faction reputation levels? GH/OOS/MA/Bones - 75, HC/Seadogs - 50, Athena - 30

I'm curious, you use alts or something?

When I followed your channel after I said I would in your streaming thread I noticed your gold and doubloons were low

buying cosmetics? at that many hours I'm just curious about what you are up to out there.

• @wolfmanbush said in Your journey. Small forum survey.:

@th3xr34p3r said in Your journey. Small forum survey.:

When I followed your channel after I said I would in your streaming thread I noticed your gold and doubloons were low

buying cosmetics? at that many hours I'm just curious about what you are up to out there.

I have an alt that I used for multi crew commendations when I was able to get her onto a ship others were done with for the session, low doubles and gold due to spending on all the captaincy items and catching up on buying whats avaliable for gold, most of the gold I save to buffer for supplies. I was at like 12M when I got back and spent it all on captaincy for all three ships lol.

• @th3xr34p3r said in Your journey. Small forum survey.:

@wolfmanbush said in Your journey. Small forum survey.:

@th3xr34p3r said in Your journey. Small forum survey.:

I have an alt that I used for multi crew commendations when I was able to get her onto a ship others were done with for the session, low doubles and gold due to spending on all the captaincy items and catching up on buying whats avaliable for gold, most of the gold I save to buffer for supplies. I was at like 12M when I got back and spent it all on captaincy for all three ships lol.

that's cool, thank you. I always get curious when any detail sticks out like that especially with those kind of hours it makes it interesting to me.

• @wolfmanbush Yea, before a lot more was added you needed like 10-12M in gold to get everything available for gold. I spent that and made it back and spent it again so making it back again for the missing items in the collection.

• @galactic-geek said in Your journey. Small forum survey.:

@danbeardluff said in Your journey. Small forum survey.:

Where are you from and how old are you? USA east coast

If I had answered using your format, I would have reversed the bold to the questions rather than the answers, and put the answers on the next line directly below. Pretty much looking something like this:

Florida, and old enough.

Enjoying the scenery.

Hit-registration.

alt text

• -Mhhh I'm from france and I'm turning 25 in 4 days
    -I joined during 2021's summer July (but I did stop in between because of players bullying at my first months until I got a crew)
    -I have 56 days, 13 hours (but mostly explore, tell tales, puzzles, maps. Rarely pvp (I don't hate it but I somehow do hate it in this game even tho I'm actually trying recently)
    -I used to play solo but it was hugely hard (especially for a pvp noob as I am), then I started to be in a 4players crew and then I ended up being in duo crew with my BF via discord. ALWAYS a closed crew, of course.

-Gold Hoarder, Merchant, Souls, Reapers are max 75, Athena 13 and Hunter ~35/36
    -Doing puzzles, exploring?..ESCAPING KEG SKELLS!

-Taking dive to the sunkened kingdoms, the designs ,colors, style are beyond amazing. Sad there aren't many loots underneath, I wish that they were more of those shrines.

-I would totally add more underwater shrines; maybe more outfits customs, something to practice pvp? I would TOTALLY remove the HUGE loading screen Omg.

• Good point dude, I surely agree, however, I have only learned today how to use these things properly and I am too lazy to edit it atm, also at work with little sleep :D Maybe on my days off, but then I rarely go to forums as if my mind is indulged in sea of thieves, I just play the game.

US, 36

Day one eyepatch!

Too many

Solo sloop the whole way

Reaper 13, hoarders 56, merchant 55, order 55, hunt 50, Athena 2

Forts and pvp

Fishing

I’d add server stability and increase server limits for bigger map and more ships at sea at one time.

EU, early 40s

Brave Vanguard, heard about it and applied for pioneer programm, i believe it was called back in the days? those were the days. meeting someone on the seas was different back then. it was an encounter, to actually meet another sailor was very curious, sometimes servers were empty, you would sail for hours without meeting a soul, just exploring and enjoying the view. it was calm and strange and wild back then. after some days without meeting anyone another ship was a welcomed sight. sometimes you just waved and ppl waved back and you meet up on the high seas just for a chat. sometimes it ended in now very curious looking naval battles.

A lot more than 600

Mostly solo, but fun loving, creative, skilled crews that run like machinery are always on my list.

After athena commendations were added just after i finished my Athena grind in the devils roar I kinda lost touch with the game. The grind just started over again basically and I really didnt see a point in playing anymore. came back at season 6 and was hooked again on all the new stuff you could do and find out. Just finished my solo gold curse grind. i did not take shortcuts! but faction wise i'm just letting it grow on its own whenever and however i play. reapers 54, goldhoarders 75, merchant 63, orderofsouls 73, hunters 18 (i despise fishing), athena 15.

sailing around and just enjoying the view. there wasnt much more to do. you could dig up stuff or kill some skellis or you could pvp which was great fun too.

Messing someones day up on the high seas and forts, man i still love forts and blowing up skellis

I would remove bad servers and add good servers thus fixxing hitreg and lag and rubber banding and also enable more ships on servers and bigger map. pls. we waited for captaincy since before launch ;)

@th3xr34p3r
    we sailed together a couple of times back in the days. i always enjoyed your organised and pragmatic way of doing things in the sea of thieves. when your name popped up on this thread, i knew the faction answer before reading it, there was no doubt about it. xD for me it was also busy RL that drew me away right after the grind to athena10 which must have been around early season1. i saw your name popup a couple of times on the discord and I wondered if you took a break. good to see you back in action. i guess you do not have many commendations left unchecked so hunting for the shrouded is your nod to moby d*** huh?! ;) (i really had to censor that book title)

• @coyote4711 yea its just me now other than when I am still looking for crew for the galleon. Me, mack and others have parted ways since I am the only one that still play this so I solo sloop when not on the galleon, especially now with the captained ships to give me more reason to do so as host.

• Where am I from and how old?
    The UK and mid-late teens
    How long have I been playing?
    About 2 years but have been following the game since launch as a family friend works at Rare but at the time , my parents wouldn’t let me join beta testing and then they wouldn’t let me buy it
    How many hours?
    Lost count a while ago
    How do you play?
    Solo and rarely duo sloop

Faction levels?
    OG factions in the 60s Athena 12 Reaper 54 Hunters Call 16 Sea Dogs 29
    If I could add one thing
    Some reliable PvP practice areas as I’m short on time and need since low stakes PvP practice. (But something tells me that next season might help 😉)

East Coast, US - 30+

D1

Shrugs

Solo Majority, Crew when friends are online

Besides Reaper & Athena, everything maxed

Digging Treasure

Surviving....

Add: Joining crews with Mic option
    Remove: "Hide" emotes. As fun as they are, I like players names to be visible.

Views
30 out of 31