Crew connectivity in a galleon

• Every time my friends try to connect to my captained galleon one of them gets kicked, this has happened every time for two days now without a single time of it working. There is hazel beard almond beard strawberry beard and one other i cant think of. If someone has a fix for this please let me know. This is on xbox series x.

Views
    1. Allmondbeard
      A connection to Xbox live and/or the Sea of Thieves services was disrupted or lost.
    • If on Xbox One, Rare suggests to check the console's network status via the Settings > Network menu. On a PC, determine that you have a stable Internet connection.
    1. Hazelnutbeard
      Appears to be a connection issue to the game servers.
    • typical server issue, if they cant connect to "You" leave the current server and start a new.
    1. Strawberrybeard
      Most commonly caused by Sea of Thieves services being temporarily unavailable.
    • solution is to try logging out and then back into the Xbox account.

So far, it seems to be the Server "You" the host is on that is the problem. Or the player themselves

• @burnbacon this doesnt make sense because weve tried for 2 days now on multiple servers restarted games and consoles to try again, it works just fine on a brigantine/sloop but when 2 apecific players try to join my galleon together it will let one load in and boots the other. They dont have each other blocked.

• Sounds like a NAT issue with the issue players that are trying to join on the session at the time, I would look into making sure they both and all other crew have an OPEN NAT (either manually forward the ports to the console and or PC or use UPNP, the latter is fine for a home connection) and to remove any double NAT setup (have only the modem or the main router do the DHCP hosting) in the home connection.

On this I would see if the ISP they are with have the option to disable carrier grade NAT at the account setting then restart the modems they are using for the connection.

This should reduce most issues when it comes to gaming online in general not just for SOT but other games you would be playing together.

If they are connecting through a university or managed connection then they need to speak with the people managing that connection to resolve the issues.

• @th3xr34p3r that was the first thing I thought of...sometimes just turn off the modem, wait 30 seconds, turn it on again fixed the NAT for me

@xPiGGY-ViPERx

Views
4 out of 5