Potential Ranking System

• I really want to see some form of displayed rank in Sea of Thieves, in my opinion this would be something like having a "Ranks" Section in your Pirate Log, where it would show you your rank. This would be PvP only and would work based on how many times you sink and/or kill other people along with something called "Notorious Coins" which are a type of currency you need to collect to advance through the ranks. This will also be paired with your K/D that i spoke about earlier. This doesn't SoT will become a ranked only game or have a ranked mode, but a reward given to those who want to PvP, the lobbies will still be created how they are now.

For example, this is how ranks would look:

Sailor = 100 NC
    Swashbuckling Sailor = 250 NC
    Rogue Pirate = 400 NC
    Legendary Sailor = 560 NC
    Legendary Rogue Pirate = 700 NC
    Legendary Voyager of The Sea of Thieves = 1000 NC
    Notorious Dark Voyager of The Sea of Thieves = 2000 NC

You would gain Notorious Coins for:

Killing pirates (max cap of 5 times per enemy killed in one server) = 1 NC
    Sinking Ships (max cap of 3 times per crew sunk in one server) = 10 NC
    Full De-mast = 5 NC
    Stealing loot 1 (minimum of 20 item must be stolen from one crew to gain points) = 10 NC
    Stealing loot 2 (minimum of 40 items must be stolen from one crew to gain points) = 20 NC
    Successful Cursed Cannon Balls = 1 NC
    ETC.

These ranks would give you rewards, such as exclusive cosmetics and small non-advantage-giving features, it would just be something on the side that im sure many people would enjoy.
    Please let me know what you think and how you would think to improve this system

Views
  • NOPE.

NO NO NO.

• The best stat they ever had was the combat ships sunk stat for people

the perfect stat for this game because it counted pve and pvp and never separated the two

a motivator for pve
    a motivator for pvp
    a motivator for both
    qol for both

without the incentive to camp

a pvper could largely avoid pve and use it for pvp

wasn't really any cheese to it in any significant way it just served those that valued keeping track of their journey through stats

mixed with meg encounters and distance they really told the story more than most stats realistically could about someone in adventure

• This might work for some sort of opt-in PvP encounters like Arena (that don’t currently exist), if the spelling of “Rogue” were corrected 😉 but 1000x “No” for the current PvPvE environment.

• @sn0kanon yeah thats fair enough, also i just realised how badly i spelt that

• but a reward given to those who want to PvP

And punish those who do not.

• I don't see any reasons to implement this in the current pvpve environment.
    What it would do is to encourage unhealthy behaviours like spawncamping.

This kind of thing would have it's place in a strictly pvp system tho.

• Bad Idea unless reviving and fixing ship is removed. Otherwise people will cheese this in alliance servers or spawn camp new pirates.

I would however support better matchmaking in the server.

[mod edit]

• Ahoy @zig-zag-ltu !

Here is your kind reminder that discussing Insider Programme to any degree is not permitted anywhere but within the Insider Hub of the Forum and is classed as a violation of your NDA. Please keep that in mind for future.

Cheers!

• @jolaton My apologies. Did not realize I was breaking any terms or conditions being so completely vague and without even mentioning its name. Won't happen again!

• @wolfmanbush wise words as always. Gawd bless ya sir.

Views
1 out of 11