Make more cosmetics, and make them actually look good.

• For a pirate game that has cosmetic-only progression, there is a shocking amount of available cosmetics from the outposts. There are even less pirate cosmetics. Most of the categories only have 2 pages worth of cosmetics. 2 PAGES? WTH RARE!!!! Even worse is the fact that most of the cosmetics don't look like something from the era. News Flash: pirates don't wear neon pink. Give us more cosmetics, and make them look like what a pirate/navy would wear and use. If just 1% of the effort in the emporium goes into the base game, there would never be any more cosmetic issues.

Views
  • @boeing7876500 I really appreciate your enthusiasm for the game, but you might want to calm down a little bit on creating new threads. Most of your threads have been ideas that are talked about regularly on the forum and a quick search would let you find a similar post and either add your 2 cents or find what Rare’s official stance on the matter is. Don’t want to discourage you, but rehashing the same ideas in new threads does get a bit tedious and cluttered. You could alternatively write an opinion post and combine multiple ideas into one to avoid clutter.
    You may also want to make sure you’ve read the forum rules to understand posting etiquette a bit better https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/149991/sea-of-thieves-forum-rules

• there is a shocking amount of available cosmetics from the outposts. There are even less pirate cosmetics.

This confuses me.

Most of the categories only have 2 pages worth of cosmetics

Start doing some stuff and you will unlock more stuff to buy, I mean WTH Player?!

Even worse is the fact that most of the cosmetics don't look like something from the era.

What Era are we even in...

News Flash: pirates don't wear neon pink.

Breaking story!: Pirates wore w/e they had or stole, didn't matter what color. Women wore men clothes and Guys wore women undergarments

• @boeing7876500 said in Make more cosmetics, and make them actually look good.:

For a pirate game that has cosmetic-only progression, there is a shocking amount of available cosmetics from the outposts. There are even less pirate cosmetics. Most of the categories only have 2 pages worth of cosmetics. 2 PAGES? WTH RARE!!!! Even worse is the fact that most of the cosmetics don't look like something from the era. News Flash: pirates don't wear neon pink. Give us more cosmetics, and make them look like what a pirate/navy would wear and use. If just 1% of the effort in the emporium goes into the base game, there would never be any more cosmetic issues.

But magic pirates like us do wear hot pink...

• Ahh, the old subjective opinion stated like a fact. I find there to be an alright offering of cosmetics, not that I would complain about more but I have options. Plenty of stuff that is fitting for what you describe (I've only rocked things of that style myself, and have a pretty solid ensemble at the moment). And happy the other options are there too for people to enjoy in their cartoony, no where near realistic, pirate adventure game. Plus more do get added at times, so those lists do keep growing.

I also wouldn't consider the Cosmetics progression. The game is one without much in the lines of progression. Look how you want to look, even if you rock a single look for some time. Embrace the look you want. You end up with something else you like - great, swap to it. It isn't really saying anything about your progression honestly.

• I would like more piratey feeling cosmetics, but im not going to brush stuff off as "not looking good/historically accurate enough" in a fantasy pirate game filled with magic fog, cursed gold, and merfolk that were already cursed people, being double cursed!What i like will be different from others, different people will like silly or flashy cosmetics more than the dark colors i would think of as piratey.

As a side note, there are many more cosmetics that you can earn for free outside of the shops, and there are some very good ones, and as more events and seasons come through, we get even more! Merricks jacket has done wonders for my style.

Views
1 out of 6