Easier Text Chat with Speaking Trumpet

• Speaking Trumpet allows players to broadcast their voice over longer distances to communicate with faraway listeners, but it's very inconvenient to use with Text Chat. Right now, if you want to use Text Chat with Speaking Trumpet, you'll have to enable "reduce hold to use" in Settings, which will affect all other tools as well and isn't a great solution for the occasional use.
    If a player can't or doesn't want to use Voice Chat, I think they still should be able to use Speaking Trumpet with comfort and convenience to broadcast any text message beyond the few Pirate Chat commands too.
    One solution of doing this is that if a player opens text chat with the Speaking Trumpet up (or set to whisper mode), it shouldn't be lowered until the input field is closed.

Views
    feedback
  • @plat251 sagte in Easier Text Chat with Speaking Trumpet:

Speaking Trumpet allows players to broadcast their voice over longer distances to communicate with faraway listeners, but it's very inconvenient to use with Text Chat. Right now, if you want to use Text Chat with Speaking Trumpet, you'll have to enable "reduce hold to use" in Settings, which will affect all other tools as well and isn't a great solution for the occasional use.
    If a player can't or doesn't want to use Voice Chat, I think they still should be able to use Speaking Trumpet with comfort and convenience to broadcast any text message beyond the few Pirate Chat commands too.
    One solution of doing this is that if a player opens text chat with the Speaking Trumpet up (or set to whisper mode), it shouldn't be lowered until the input field is closed.

No you don’t have to...when texting, others can read it from far away by just having the speaking trumpet in your hands, no need to hold it up or so...works for me that way since it exists

• @schwammlgott said in Easier Text Chat with Speaking Trumpet:

No you don’t have to...when texting, others can read it from far away by just having the speaking trumpet in your hands, no need to hold it up or so...works for me that way since it exists

I can't find any confirmation of this - everywhere I look it says you have to hold down the Trumpet to speak farther and hold down the alternate fire button to speak within a smaller radius. Even if it does work while just held in hand without being activated, that's still very inconsistent with other equipment and confusing to the player, and I think it just discourages many potential opportunities for social interaction between separate crews far away from each other.

• @plat251 sagte in Easier Text Chat with Speaking Trumpet:

@schwammlgott said in Easier Text Chat with Speaking Trumpet:

I can't find any confirmation of this - everywhere I look it says you have to hold down the Trumpet to speak farther and hold down the alternate fire button to speak within a smaller radius. Even if it does work while just held in hand without being activated, that's still very inconsistent with other equipment and confusing to the player, and I think it just discourages many potential opportunities for social interaction between separate crews far away from each other.

Speaking but not writing! I never saw any confirmation about this too...but in my experience it works that way...everybody saw my writing from far away, believe me or not

• Great idea. I am sometimes too sick to talk and it ruins the whole immersion.

Views
feedback
1 out of 5