Idea for all: A Home port/outpost (our ships berth)

• First of apologies for any miss spelling, I'm dislesic so... yeah 😑 and on mobile.

Ok so my idea is that we have the ability to chose an area or (better yet) an outpost as our "home port" or a place that is our ships berth i.e. a place that our ships are moord, so home.

For example, specking with friends and wean in open teams I would ask on long trips across the map "what is every ones favourite outpost or area on the map" this would normally lead to a interesting discussion (some times fights) on each of their favourites,or the best one. For example, some would say Golden Sands was the best as they love the esthetic, the wether and that it's normally a very well visited place e.g. for those of us that injoy kicking the hornets nest.

Some have said the devil's roar as it's "entertaning" navigating through it.

The Wilds, as it's nomaly empty, few people and has lots of cool hiding place for you and your ship + that ominous fog.

Or people like me that call The Ancient Isles or more porsisley the roof of the pub at the top of Ancient Spires, home (you can sometimes find me drinking grog and playing the hrudey gurdy up their wolst selibrating the plunder and stuff we have sold or got jumped, sunk, lost it all, and now drowning our sorrows)

I would love the idea of having our own "home port" like we could start up our game and we would start with in the SoT on our home outpost.
    In the case of crews that would have different homes they could get a mermaid to the ship as it would have spwend with the captain or just start the game on the captains choosen out post.

Plus I think it would be very cool if we had the ability to fly a smaller flag off the mast or of the back showing their outposts flag, so Ancient Spires would be a yellow anchor on a black feaild with yellow borders or Golden Sands would be a gallon on a white and oringe striped feaild or Gallons Grave would be say a broken gallon cracked in half with dark and gloomy colours, (I think it's the same as Ancient Spires not sure, but that could be changed to a twin mountain peaks linked with the rope bridge in white and light/dark greens to reflect the environment and gold for the gold horders) I think it would make it a bit more interesting and more imursive as well.

If you want to make it a bit more interesting, we could do a faction war in that all the players from each area battle it out (each clan or teams would have their own paint style/colours they would fly to donate how they are e.g. SoP, Wilds, Devil's Roar, Ancient Isles, Sea of Damned etc and which outpost they come from) basically a massive team death mach but once a year and at the end the wining team gets a big trophy to put in their outpost with a photo of that years players a ton of gold and daboons, may be some ancient coins too? (a champions purse if you will) Or a real victors coin for the winning players.

So I was wondering if other people would be interested in something like that? Would that be possible and would be wanted.

TLDR:

1. An ability to chose a outpost as your home port.

2. Couple of joke's, some at myself.

3. To be able to fly that outposts flag off your ship to denote which area you come from and support.

4. A once a year war (team death mach stile) from each faction winner takes all gets big trophy, pic of that years players and a ton of gold, daboons, ancient coins or a real coin for each of the winning players.

Views
  • A good idea,
    i think they are in fact in the process of doing this..

personally, id like to be able to stake my flag on one of the sea posts!
    making it my de facto home base..
    I would like to be able to store my loot here ( w a key ) Someone would have to kill me or complete the fort (if im away) to get another key to gain access to my loot.
    I would like the choice of where to respawn.. My ship or my fort.

It cannot "birth" my ship.. cus thats wierd.. lol. But being able to take & hold a fort would be fun!

Views
1 out of 2