Tavern expand their drinks? Rums?

• Ever since the first anniversary update, people have been speculating about potions 🧪 coming to the game. When the last update/season seven came out, we all witnessed what can be done at the shipwreck counter. I was excited to see the possibility of performing similar actions in the tavern by expanding a variety of rums. I understand pay-to-win situations, but there is something amazing and fun to be done to put more use to all the T's that are dying to empty the kegs in all the taverns in the world of Sea of Thieves. 🍻 Cheers!

Views
  • Deep rock has the Abyss Bar with it's different beers with effects/cosmetics, Valheim has it's magic meads, expanding the rhum and drink system could be fun even if its only funny visual effects!

• Alcohol giving/portraying beneficial effects isn't possible in the rating SOT currently has. (I believe)

What did I miss btw? What was possible at "the shipwreck counter"? 👀☠️

• @sudsierboar5526 With captaincy! I can get a lot of option on resources and quest for the crew. The tavern need something similar. Rum that boost additional health like when we eat meat for $5,000 gold. Bottles of air to swim a little more and fight sirens for $10,000 gold. Other things that brig more fun like the cursed balls.

• @wazycoky

In my opinion rum should be left alone, it's the iconic drink for sot and potions make the game try hardy.

While potions are s fun idea imagine starting off for the first time only to get crushed by a tryhard with strength potions???

• While I say nay to any special effects for the Grog we have and any drinks going further, I would not object to the option to fill our drink at the tavern if it gets us a tiny umbrella in our tankard.

• I say we absolutely need more types of rum to sample, similar to the Abyss Bar of Deep Rock Galactic.

Contrary to what @sudsierboar5526 has stated, DRG only has a "Teen" rating on the ESRB, despite having much stronger language used by characters in addition to the bar and the many wacky beers.

Unlike what @wazycoky has suggested with the health or air boost, however, these alternative drinks should be cosmetic only. Nothing which can be drunk to buff players at a moment's notice, especially since the current drinking action can be started or stopped at a moment's notice, effectively allowing a player to "sip" at one drink as much as they please, until it is empty.

• Imagine if they sold bottled water for the woke folk

• Personally, I'd rather they expand the Tavern itself. As a social pirate, you find very fast the Tavern's a wee bit cramped for an Alliance meeting. Also, WHAT IS UPSTAIRS?! THE TRUTH MUST BE KNOWN!

• @capn-lucky5984 said in Tavern expand their drinks? Rums?:

Personally, I'd rather they expand the Tavern itself. As a social pirate, you find very fast the Tavern's a wee bit cramped for an Alliance meeting. Also, WHAT IS UPSTAIRS?! THE TRUTH MUST BE KNOWN!

Tavernkeeps. Listen to this man. If you open up that second floor, and it's NOT a torture chamber or something like that, then I'll finally start drinking at your taverns again.

• @realwebber69 But you'll keep waking up in there?

• @capn-lucky5984 said in Tavern expand their drinks? Rums?:

@realwebber69 But you'll keep waking up in there?

Well if I never drink at the tavern and somehow wake up there...and if I can drink 500 grogs onboard my ship and not get blackout drunk...it's safe to say there's only one explanation.
    THE TAVERNKEEPS , ARE CLEARLY, KNOCKING ME OUT AND TRYING TO MAKE SURE I'LL NEVER ESCAPE THEIR CLUTCHES! THEY'RE REMINDING ME THAT THEY'LL ALWAYS BE HERE, LISTENING...watching...AND THAT EXPLAINS WHY ALL MY STUFF IS GONE! THEY'RE STEALING IT! I MEAN, HOW ELSE ARE THEY AFFORDING TO KEEP THE TAVERN OPEN, WHEN GROG IS FREE?!?
    oh and for everyone who drinks at the tavern, you wake up there because YOU'VE BEEN DRUGGED!

• @realwebber69 [mod edit]. And I thought I could trust you, Tess.

• @capn-lucky5984 Your post has been edited as it goes against the Forum Rules and Pirate Code.

Circumventing the Forum Profanity Filter

A profanity filter is in place to support our commitment to our community to create the world’s friendliest multiplayer game. Topics and posts which attempt to circumvent the filter will be edited or deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Please read and abide by the Forum Rules and Pirate Code in future.

Thank you.

• @triheadedmonkey oops

• I for one want the Tavern to serve coffee.

• @personalc0ffee ^yes, coffee!

• @gravesilence272 said in Tavern expand their drinks? Rums?:

@personalc0ffee ^yes, coffee!

It would also lean more into the cannon of I broke all the steps leading to the second floor of the Tavern because that is where I store my coffee stashes.

• @personalc0ffee A Baaarrrghhhhista service?!

• i have the cool lookin irish mug ,it turns the rum into beer

• @wazycoky having more option fir drinking would be fantastic! Instead of taking one sip of Grog and already wobbling...different drinks could have different strengths. There could be a drink that's less potent than Grog but there could also be one way more potent. Just some ideas.

• @capn-lucky5984 yes. Yes! You're absolutely right!!

• @musicmee said in Tavern expand their drinks? Rums?:

@personalc0ffee A Baaarrrghhhhista service?!

I see what you were going for there.

I would have personally went with Baaarista.

• @wazycoky grog = rum, well watered down rum to be exact

• @sudsierboar5526 said in Tavern expand their drinks? Rums?:

Alcohol giving/portraying beneficial effects isn't possible in the rating SOT currently has. (I believe)

What did I miss btw? What was possible at "the shipwreck counter"? 👀☠️

Just make SOT rated M then

• A: We need an animation of the grog filling
    B: Rare could utilize the rum bottes from cargo runs in some way
    C: They should add devil's rum that makes you more drunk and you even get tunnel vision

Views
1 out of 26