Silly Idea: Custom/Instanced Pirate Hideouts

• Basically; Player Housing. Hear me out:

1. It's an instance/portal that takes you to your own little hideout.
      In it, you can place furniture, trinkets, paintings, and other liveries.
    2. You decide which Outpost/Island it's 'On'.
      While it's not LITERALLY on that island, any windows looking outside, or maybe a front-slice of a beach, looks like part of that chosen island, so it looks like you are on that island when you are in the Private Outpost.
      IE: If I pick Twin Groves; I see the view from Twin Groves, as if I were on that island.
      No, it does not show the real game world, as it is instanced. So no seeing outside people or mobs.
      You could even add underwater lairs! (I just love underwater views)
    3. You can decide if people on your friend's list can come and go at will, so they can visit your Pirate Hideout while you are offline.
      Otherwise; they have to be in your party to enter it.
    4. The Entrance To Hideouts Are In Taverns.
      This prevents players from running into their hideout to avoid combat.
    5. When You Enter A Hideout; You Drop All Treasure
      Again; this is to prevent people from using the Hideout to avoid PvP or losing treasure.
    6. Hideouts Have Visual Treasure Piles
      These are based on how much gold/how many Doubloons you have.
      IE: The richer you are; the more treasure can be strewn about your Hideout.
      This can, of course, be toggled on and off, and players can decide where to stack treasure piles.
      And they shrink if you spend money!
    7. The Dock Shows Your Captained Ships
      A GREAT way to show off your Fleet, if you own multiple ships! AND it would allow you to change their cosmetics without logging out (Though you still exit with whichever ship you entered with).
    8. Hideout Liveries!
      Let people buy things like Unanimate Skeletons (I know it's 'Inanimate', but we're pirates), shiny trinkets that look like treasure pickups, and other liveries, much like ships!
      Maybe even rewards/visual trophies based on milestones!
      Kill the Kraken solo? A Kraken trophy, the metal of it based on what level ship you were in (Let's face it; soloing a Kraken in a Brig would be difficult & epic).
      Sink 30 Sloops that damaged you? (To prevent afk farming); a sloop trophy!
      A place to hang your favorite outfits/gear skins!
      Places to mount animals you kill or fish you catch!
      Etc. Etc.

Basically, hidden pirate lairs for friends to meet up in, customize, and enjoy, would be fun! And what pirate would NOT have a lair?
    I may just have a massive love of player housing & customizing.

Views
    communityjust for funfeedbackstory & lore
  • I think they should have a site page for each of us that we can choose to make public where it has our character and we can share our accomplishments through designing our own pop out book style private island

Something we could use our browsers to create and our browsers to visit the public islands of others, island or some form of a shack or even inside a ship.

I think it would be pretty awesome

• @wolfmanbush said in Silly Idea: Custom/Instanced Pirate Hideouts:

I think they should have a site page for each of us that we can choose to make public where it has our character and we can share our accomplishments through designing our own pop out book style private island

Something would could use our browsers to create and our browsers to visit the public islands of others, island or some form of a shack or even inside a ship.

I think it would be pretty awesome

This would be less server-intensive than my idea, and it's neat!
    I mean, I'd still gun for in-game housing, but I really do like your idea, too!

Views
communityjust for funfeedbackstory & lore
2 out of 3