Possible better tactic for Kraken grabbing your player

• I just thought of this, thought it'd be a fun discussion.

But when the Kraken goes to inhale you the normal response is to hide below decks.

I'm imagining you can save a few precious seconds and resume firing faster if you hide yourself inside the cannon rather than run below decks.

It's goofy. But the mind set is that as a solo player I often have very limited time to get quality shots. Hiding below decks during the vacuum wastes time.

Views
  • The Kraken on sloop is super easy, you just have to do things fast. Someone here said it usually takes 45 seconds to 1 minute to beat it. Also the loot is terrible apart from the meat.

However, I can see your tactic being used on a bigger ship by a bored crew, but then again, if you have time to load yourself into cannon, you have time to shoot a cannon ball.

Krakens are really dangerous if you are already in a fight with a ship. Then it's like a super snare which will guarantee your sinking.

Would be fun tho if you could feed an exploding barrel to kraken when he tries to grab you and it would instant kill to the tentacle, or shove down a fire/blunder bombs down its throat.

• @idneon said in Possible better tactic for Kraken grabbing your player:

I just thought of this, thought it'd be a fun discussion.

But when the Kraken goes to inhale you the normal response is to hide below decks.

I'm imagining you can save a few precious seconds and resume firing faster if you hide yourself inside the cannon rather than run below decks.

It's goofy. But the mind set is that as a solo player I often have very limited time to get quality shots. Hiding below decks during the vacuum wastes time.

Wastes time ? Getting supplies, bucket water and fixing holes.

• Equip a blunderbuss.
    Aim down.
    Shazam.

• @zig-zag-ltu the thing is @idneon is the kind of gamer that would rather solo a galleon then play on a sloop.

Meaning that if karen decides to visit him he would have to take down 7-8 tentacles taken 5 or so shots each, instead of two with 3 balls each.

• @callmebackdraft said in Possible better tactic for Kraken grabbing your player:

@zig-zag-ltu the thing is @idneon is the kind of gamer that would rather solo a galleon then play on a sloop.

Meaning that if karen decides to visit him he would have to take down 7-8 tentacles taken 5 or so shots each, instead of two with 3 balls each.

^^ Oh I see. This is Goku level of training :D

• If your kraken is a sloop katlen it can easily be beaten without it having time to snatch you up, just fire your cannons as fast as you can, and if it raises above ur boat (signal it's going to grab u) just run below the canopy by ur map and use ammo to shoot it.

Having a cannon rowboat makes this process even faster, as you can hide under the canopy safely and shoot as well

Views
6 out of 7