Ahhh that was cathartic.

• As I've made plain in previous posts, I'm not a fan of the pvp in this game. I'm weird and like to fish and catch animals. Which is what I was just doing, knocking out some merchant voyages for the achievement and working on the three animal titles. Sailing along with naught but three pigs for company, I see two rotters on the other side of some rocks, heading parallel my ship in the opposite direction. They spot me and change heading, I adjust slightly for a more direct route to the dock at Galleon's Grave for a speedy drop off. I move the crates up to the bow, knowing the blighters aren't far behind, but also aren't the most skilled pirates. Then TRAGEDY.... while moving the third pig to the bow to be with his brothers, my hand slips... and the pig falls overboard.

I crash into the dock in a fury, quickly delivering two-thirds of my cargo. They finally pull up behind me. Satisfied I got the majority of my friends to safety, I give them a jaunty wave... and they blast me off my ship. Well, again, I'm not generally one for a fight, but you push a merchant enough and he'll strike back. Already in the water, I scuttle my ship and swim under theirs, their cannoneer still firing at my sinking ship. I start climbing the ropes, just as the helmsman runs down the stairs. I bring a sword to a blunderbuss battle... and somehow win. Turning to the other brigand who finally realizes something is wrong, he picks up a mermaid staff. He gives me a small blast, but I slay him as well and decide to take a look around to see if they have anything I can quickly swim to shore.

Well, my friends, as I said, these weren't the most skilled pirates on the seas. Because on the lower deck of this sloop, I find two or three kegs in a pile. Ka. Boom. I decided to go down in the explosion for an express ticket back to my own ship, and caught sight of them just as they we running through the ferry doors. Didn't complete my voyage but took those two out and did a whole lot of ship damage. Shouldn't have made me fumble the pig overboard.

Views
  • @necronikolai13 said in Ahhh that was cathartic.:

Shouldn't have made me fumble the pig overboard.

This belongs in a comedy western, someday.

• @necronikolai13 said in Ahhh that was cathartic.:

As I've made plain in previous posts, I'm not a fan of the pvp in this game. I'm weird and like to fish >

Fishing is weird?
    no
    Fishing is the only CORRECT way to play the game

• @realwebber69

There isn't much better than sailing up on a beautiful view, cracking open a cold keg, and fishing for an hour while strange music from seemingly nowhere plays. I'd like the rare stormfish trophy but I know I don't have -that- much patience, so I was working towards raven and amethyst islehoppers between merchant jobs. Thankfully they already know they can rely on me to deliver cloth, plants, and rum, that was a breeze in comparison though it'd be nice if it counted towards voyages completed...

Views
1 out of 4