Day 34:

• I join my Captain's crew on his Brigantine. It's just the two of us, but we got this.

Our first stop is an island he mas a map for. He says we will strike it rich.
    I hope so; that Gold Hoarder's Emissary Flag will bring wrath down upon us, if we're not careful.
    The map he has has EIGHT marks on it. So the haul should be good.

Blast! While he was digging, I spotted a Sloop on the horizon! I raise sails and anchor, ready to run. I can see the Captain running my way. He says he has 1 more dig spot, but the wind changed, and I can see their flag.
    It's a Reaper.
    We crowd on all cloth and run. They give chase, eying our Grade 4 Emissary flag as it flaps in the quickening breeze. The sounds of cannon fire ring out.
    I then hear the words 'They harpooned us!' My heart sinks to me boots.
    But then the Captain laughs and cuts loose the dingy on the back of his ship, "They harpooned the dingy!"

We laugh as he put open water between us and the Reapers. We are faster with the wind in our sails.

I check the map as he decide where to drop off our loot. Is the Reaper following us?
    No; he went back to our island. This puzzled me until I see something; a second notch. I know he did not have that while chasing us.
    So other poor soul ran afoul of them.
    But, perhaps, not so 'poor'. They died where we were digging. Were they spying on us? Waiting to ambush us?
    Did like kill like?
    Well, it ain't us, so I'm happy.

Our sailing as seen us to from the North-East end of the Sea of Thieves to the South-West. More treasure being dug up while I patrol the decks. Mermaid's Hidaway, I heard the Captain say.
    Given the seven chests so far, I'm happy they hid it away here!

Off in the distance, I see another Sloop. But they stop at another island and raise sails. Either not seeing us, or not wanting to fight a Brig.

We get all our treasure and sail North-East, towards Golden Sands Outpost.
    Suddenly, a chill comes over me.
    I look around. Off the port side, the water churns, and a skeletal Galleon rises up!
    We know it's a fight!

There's much cannon fire, much cursing, and much bailing. They have the devil's own aim!
    They move alongside us and, even while I'm bailing, my Captain laughs and leaps aboard their ship!
    I swear and lock our wheel into a right-hand turn while I go below to patch a few holes. No sense sailing into a rock!

A few minutes later, I can hear my Captain's laughter and the clashing of swords. I'm puzzled at this until I hear a grinding sound!
    I go above and see that the skeletal ship got their bowspirit tangled in our front sail! We are grinding together, ship against ship, while my Captain laughs and fights the undead crew upon their own vessel!

Well, I may be slow, but I'm not stupid! I drop a stack of cannonballs at my feet and proceed to fill my rotting ship with more holes than my shirt (Note: Buy new shirt).
    My Captain is moving up and down the decks, setting fires and having the time of his life.

I then hear the command 'DROP ANCHOR!'
    I can see the Galleon foundering! I quickly kick the capstan and hear the anchor plummet into the water.
    Our ship heels hard to starboard and comes to a stop while the the undead Galleon sinks below the waves. Thankfully, luckily, we came to rest at the perfect angle for the harpoon gun to pick up treasure.

The lads in the tavern won't believe this one!

(I will say, breaking character, that the 'they got tangled' actually happened! The AI kept trying to turn left. We were locked into turning right.
    The result was that the ships ground together without doing damage and both ships just went forward. We were literally side-by-side)
    This made it so easy to just rail their ship with cannonballs while my friend stood on their ship and threw firebombs while swordfighting.
    Actually; all of it happened. I used colorful phrasing, but this was basically a recap of today's session.)

Views
  • @eguzky this is amazing! Nice recap, I loved to read this

• @rockypirate3209 said in Day 34::

@eguzky this is amazing! Nice recap, I loved to read this

Thank you! We don't always have exciting things happen, but it was a wild session, and I just had to put it down, Pyrate style.

• Good story and well-written; felt like I was there. Thanks for sharing!

• A Tavern Tall worth listening to : I raise my tankard to you both ! :)

Views
1 out of 5