Captaincy AFK Bug

• If a captain of a brig (possibly any ship - have not confirmed) gets timed out of the session while in port, other crewmates can then modify ship's appearance if it was previously locked by captain, and game gives indications that it is now not a captained ship, however it retains the captained ship's original name on the name plate. If the original captain re-joins, it remains an un-captained ship.

Views
    feedback
  • Not a bug. If the captain leaves or gets afk timed out, the ship becomes uncaptained permanently which means it operates like a regular ship even though the nameplate stays.

• Wow. Typical management lol.

You guys do this, I'm going to be in my office taking care of important things!

grinds sit milestone

• @d3adst1ck said in Captaincy AFK Bug:

Not a bug. If the captain leaves or gets afk timed out, the ship becomes uncaptained permanently which means it operates like a regular ship even though the nameplate stays.

as if this update isnt bad enough with the disconnect issues of the game to just have your session become invalid because you got DCed... Oof

• @magus104 said in Captaincy AFK Bug:

@d3adst1ck said in Captaincy AFK Bug:

Not a bug. If the captain leaves or gets afk timed out, the ship becomes uncaptained permanently which means it operates like a regular ship even though the nameplate stays.

as if this update isnt bad enough with the disconnect issues of the game to just have your session become invalid because you got DCed... Oof

If you get DCed and rejoin, it's still a captained ship.

• @pithyrumble said in Captaincy AFK Bug:

grinds sit milestone

Sits and is also on fire

:D

• @burnbacon said in Captaincy AFK Bug:

@pithyrumble said in Captaincy AFK Bug:

grinds sit milestone

Sits and is also on fire

:D

Too much hot sauce emote......

• Yep, and when your game crashes and you “join previous session” you stop getting credit for any milestones. I did a merchant captain voyage, got to emissary 5. Sold all my animals and cargo before moving on to the ship manifest part. The game crashed and upon returning, everything I sold after the crash didn’t count towards the milestones. Also, my captain’s log numbers were at zero the entire time both before and after the crash. It’s definitely broken.

• @d3adst1ck Actually, no it is not. If you are playing with others you are no longer the captain of the ship. It passes that title on to the next player.

• @d3adst1ck I've been DC'ed a few times every time I come back my crew mate is listed as the capt. I've had my crewmate leave the game and come back and it dose not restore captaincy to me, you cant tell me that's what was intended.

Views
feedback
1 out of 10